You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Multiple Haunting Experiences Almost Everyday

Real Ghost Stories

Multiple Haunting Experiences Almost Everyday

 

Long Beach Hotel, Long Beach, NY

1/8/24

9:40 pm

My husband and I and our cat are residents at the Long Beach Hotel. One day my cat and I heard a knock on my door in room 325. I called out "who is it?" but nobody answered. I walked towards the door and saw no shadow underneath the door, heard no footsteps, and no voices. Everything was silent. I opened the door and nobody was there at all. My husband was out at the time so it wasn't him either. All of my recent spiritual encounters happens here at the hotel. The Long Beach Hotel is very old. A very long time ago, before it was a hotel, it used to be an asylum for the criminally insane and the basement of the hotel was literally a morgue. A lot of people died here.

Another time in room 325 my AC remote was somewhere under my blankets in my bed. I stripped the entire bed right down to the mattress cover but the remote was nowhere to be found. I walked to the opposite side of the room for a minute and when I walked back to the bed, the remote was sitting right on the edge of the bed out of nowhere. I believe this was a harmless, mischievous poltergeist.

One time I walked out of my room to go outside for a smoke and I decided to leave my lamp on. When I came back the lamp was off. I thought maybe the bulb burnt out but then I noticed the lamp key was on the off position so when I turned the key the lamp turned back on. Nobody was in my room when I left. My husband was out. I always leave a lamp on before I go out.

One night I had my bathroom window a little less than half way open before I shut it for the night. The next morning I went into the bathroom and found the window open in the same position I had it the night before. The EXACT same position. I asked my husband if he opened it and he said he didn't. I knew it wasn't him trying to scare me or play a stupid joke on me anyway because he knows how much I believe in spirits and how I take it seriously and he'd never disrespects my beliefs.

Other hauntings by MOONxCHILD1985

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOONxCHILD1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lwgrn4real66 (4 stories) (34 posts)
 
1 week ago (2024-04-19)
Yes. It sounds like one or more possible spirit jokesters! Maybe the knocking at the door is a spirit like stuck In time.

Maybe like a recording playing over and over. Sounds like none of the spirits mean any harm. Just don't look for any of this to happen. If it does, let it happen but don't show it fear.

And don't ever try to communicate with any of it. It would just probably escalate the activities. Take care! 😁
MOONxCHILD1985 (3 stories) (1 posts)
+1
2 weeks ago (2024-04-13)
Lady-Glow ---
Yes most of the spirits I had encounters with were playful jokers but I also had a couple of bad encounters as well including my husband and our cat. I'm going to post those stories on here shortly. I know the spirits try to communicate with my cat the most. I have a sage smudge stick but I can't light it in the hotel room. I've been wanting to smudge my rooms for a long time but there's smoke alarms in every room.
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-13)
Considering what it was prior to the hotel that's there now, it's not surprising that there will be supernatural activity in and the surrounding area.
The activity seems harmless enough though, my guess is a few playful spirits are trying to have fun even in the afterlife.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
3 weeks ago (2024-04-12)
Welcome to YGS.

In my opinion, though unnerving, none of your experiences seem to be harmful or negative, perhaps one, or more, resident/s from the past are only following the routine they used to do while still alive.

Does your cat react to the activity?
Do you think any of these presences are trying to communicate with you?

Have you performed a blessing or a cleansing of your room/apartment?
I'm not sure if it would be possible or if you would be allowed to bless the whole hotel, but it would be worth to protect your living quarters, either by yourself or asking for religious help.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: