You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Odell Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Odell Ghost

 

As a long time employee at a resort in Oregon that was established in 1903 this the first experience for me with the paranormal. This resort has a very long history. I was sitting at my front desk late in the evening which I have done many times over the years. The time was a about 11pm pacific time though on the video it shows eastern time zone which is what our security cams are set for. I had been in the lodge most of the evening watching football and such going in and out the back door a few times. I am sitting at the desk playing on facebook as I usually do this time of night, when our back door swings open! The lodge is closed at 8pm every night so you don't have people running around trying to get in. There is no wind this particular night all doors were tightly shut and there is no history of this door opening randomly at any time in all the years I have been here! As the door opens I slowly turn my head assuming that some one must be walking in. When the door shuts on its own.

I walk over peer out and of course no one! I have security cams all over the inside of the lodge so after sitting back down I decided to see if I was losing my mind or if that just happened! I backed up the security camera footage and sure enough it happened! This something I cannot explain. I have reviewed all angles and there is nothing there! I have added a video of the footage for everyone to watch and also try and explain!

Please let me know what you think! Please watch my actions in the video which will tell the whole story.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, supermcdevitt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-04)
Haven't been online in a long time, so excited to see people posting videos and pics to support their stories.

Greetings,

It could've just been a spirit passing by. Some do that, like crossing through your yard to get to the other side. Rude, I know, but it happens.

Just a short mention re: Twilight's comment. People's sensitivity-meters vary. One may not experience anything whereas the next can have multiple experiences in the same place, but you know this. Just like an old building can actually remain "haunt-free" and a newly constructed one can have multiple hauntings. Date of construction means nothing, but then you know this as well...

...Maybe the OP can do some research among other employees to see if they've experienced anything. Or you can suggest a "guest book" for the lodge, if you don have one already. That way you guys can track if any other odd experiences ever happen. Maybe they're just few and far apart.

Interesting video though. Can't really say much about it other than sharing Biblio's sentiments.

Thanks.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-29)
Greetings, supermcdevitt, and welcome to YGS.

There's something about the sincerity of your body language in the video that has me trusting your narrative. You look a bit surprised when the door opens, then drifts closed. You look through the door's window into the beer storage as though you're waiting for a reasonable answer to be obvious, but the explanation is missing.

I think this is a strange little clip, but an honest one.

Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Biblio.
supermcdevitt (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-29)
This door does go directly outside there is a door to the basement that housekeeping uses but at this time of night it is secure from the outside. In the days after the footage we did try slamming doors all over the lodge to try and get a similar response the results were that the door does not open by itself.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-29)
Supermcdevitt ~ A matter of curiosity - does that storage room have another entrance? Someone opening or closing anther door to that space could cause a draft which would then cause the door to open and close.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Hi there!

Welcome to YGS! The video sure is creepy. Maybe it was some kind of poltergeist trying to catch your attention. Do you experience any more activities while working there? Hope to be reading more stories from you!

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Supermcdevitt, welcome to YGS 😊 I see you said that you've worked at this resort for a long time now, and that this is your first, and I assume only paranormal happening that you've experienced not only here, but in general? I would think being in a place as old as the resort you work at, that there would be a good bit of activity there, even if it's just small things 😕 do you you know if any other employees have ever mentioned anything odd happening there, that they couldn't really explain? I'm not meaning to come off that I don't believe you, only that I'm just surprised over the very low activity there. My husband worked at a small place, alone at night, and would tell me about hearing the front door opening (this is a door that has a bell that rings, to let you know when customers come in), and closing, but no one would be there. He had other things that he experienced there as well. But this wasn't an old place or anything, and as far as the history to the land, we never knew anything about it, so not sure who or what would be haunting a place like the one he worked in. With you working at this resort as long as you have, and it being established in 1903, do you know that much history on the place? Well thank you for sharing your experience with us, and letting us see the video recording on what happened, I do find this to be very interesting. I'm sure you're now left with a lot of questions yourself, after experiencing this as well. Hope to hear from you soon 😊
supermcdevitt (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Where I am sitting is the front desk of the lodge. The door leads to our beer bottle storage. I have set at that front desk for 8 years and this is the first time that this has ever happened and its the only reason I posted it.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Supermcdevitt ~ Welcome!

RC - it appears to be a storage room of some kind.

Again, not being there and being able to investigate it myself. As well as being to able to reproduce the effect I would suggest that this video doesn't constitute "proof".

It is, none the less, interesting. Thank you for posting
RCRuskin (9 stories) (818 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Having done uncredited work on some very low budget horror movies, looking at this footage, I can see how to fake it very easily. (Note: not saying it is fake, just that I know how to fake it.)

It seems there is a room beyond the door, based on what I see in the video. What is in that room, if it is okay for me to ask?

Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: