You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Ghostly House

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly House

 

My home was built in the 60's, meaning that stuff probably went down there.

When my parents were looking at the house, there was just bottles of holy water (and possibly sage) in the basement.

They were all from the years 1996-1999.

We knew something was off about this, and we wanted them to just take the holy water with them.

We still have the holy water (none of the possible sage though.)

But I do think that they have a good reason why, and here is my experience with some ghostly activity.

One day, my aunt left her dog at our house so we could hang out with the doggo because we were still getting used to our new dog.

The morning after the drop off, I awoke to some growling noises from under my bed.

I looked around my room and my aunt's dog was nowhere in sight. I had reason to believe that something was up.

Long after this particular activity, I got chills and a sense of presence whenever I stood in the middle of my room.

So, I took out my EMF detector, and started hunting away.

My EMF detector started to hit red, and that's where I just turned it off and thought about the events leading up to this particular day.

Now this final story may sound stupid, but I feel as if something went on.

As a joke, I put my magic 8-ball on my bible, and put a cross next to it with my friends.

I said are you a ghost.

"no."

We sighed and continued on.

Later, we took away the bible and cross and asked are you a ghost?

"Yes."

Are you evil?

"yes."

We freaked out after that and we stopped.

I know that last story sounded stupid, but I thing something went down there.

Let me know what you think down below, and if you have something to say about any of these occurrences, ask, and I will gladly answer!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jordan_hunts_ghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-21)
Greetings, Jordan.

As with Aliendewd and rynne, I'm unclear as to why being built in "the 60s" in particular would mean that "stuff probably went down" in your house.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the responses you get from a Magic 8-Ball. Some preliminary research indicates that it "was developed as a promotional product commissioned by Chicago's Brunswick Billiards company" (www.britannica.com/story/where-did-the-idea-for-the-magic-8-ball-come-from) and that it "contains a 20-sided die with 10 positive answers, 5 negative answers, and 5 vague responses" (britannica.com). This means that 50% of the time you ask it a question, you'll get some sort of "yes" response.

You state, "My EMF detector started to hit red, and that's where I just turned it off and thought about the events leading up to this particular day." Have you taken a baseline reading of your room when there doesn't appear to be any paranormal activity, so you can compare the readings? This would probably be useful information *before* you try a Spirit Box session in your room. For example, you may be able to identify if the presence is legitimately there all the time, some of the time, or merely the results of EM leakage due to old/faulty wiring. Also, were there additional events that occurred in your room, or elsewhere in the house, that you did not include in this story but were instrumental in your decision to perform the EMF sweep?

Please consider carefully when and where you perform a spirit box session, as contact with the supernatural can stir up spiritual activity to an unexpected degree; for example, I'd avoid doing it in your basement. If you do go ahead with your Spirit Box, please let us know your findings.

Take care,
Biblio.
valkricry (49 stories) (3271 posts) mod
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-06)
lady-glow,
Holy water doesn't have an expiration date - once blessed always blessed. At least that's what I was taught.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-06)
I wonder if there's a expiring day for holy water, or if it's strength stays the same over time.

I'm not sure what to make about the Magic 8 Ball... Are you suggesting that the Bible and the cross made the entity lie about it's nature?
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-05)
I sincerely advice against provoking whatever is in your basement. Don't make contact with it, and keep that holy water and sage where you found it. It might be low key now, but you don't want it becoming a pain in the bum eventually. There has to be a reason why the previous owners kept those things in the basement. 😨
rynne (69 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-05)
Some of the information was not clear, if you could clarify.
You wrote:
"My home was built in the 60's, meaning that stuff probably went down there."

"When my parents were looking at the house, there was just bottles of holy water... In the basement."
Question: They we're looking at another house? Where were the bottles of water found? How did they/you know it was holy water?

"They were all from the years 1996-1999."
Question: Houses? Bottles?

"We knew something was off about this, and we wanted them to just take the holy water with them."
Question: Take the holy water from the house to where?

Thanks.
Aliendewd (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-04)
I have to ask. Why would you presume that "stuff probably went down there", because the house was built in the 60's? I'm struggling with that correlation.
Also, why jump immediately into there being something not right, when you heard a growl, yet couldn't see a dog?
You owned an EMF detector, so I have to presume you've had several 'happenings' in your life. I mean, it's not a thing someone would commonly have at hand.
Then your Magic 8 Ball. You placed it on your bible, asked it a question, and it answered? Magic 8 Balls have to be shaken in order to get an 'answer'. No?
Rajine (14 stories) (780 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-04)
Hi Jordan_hunts_ghosts

When you refer to 'them' do you mean the previous owners?

Also do you perhaps know the exact history of the house? It's strange about the holy water, I wonder what was in that basement for 'them' to put it in there.
Jordan_hunts_ghosts (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-04)
Thanks, Linjahaha! Yeah ouija boards are freaking insane! I've been thinking about doing a spirit box session. But i'm not sure. 🤔
Linjahaha (24 stories) (131 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-05-03)
Whatever else you do. Do not use a ouiji board, or try a seance. 'If' you 'do not' know 'what' you're doing you could be sorry later on.
You may want to research the history of the property/house if it's possible.
Good luck! I lived in a haunted house, & I wouldn't wish that on anyone. We ended up being driven out, & to this day you won't even catch me driving by 'that' particular house, & it's been over 40 years. Again, good luck! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: