You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Boys' Dormitory

Real Ghost Stories

Boys' Dormitory

 

This one happened to me when I was in college. My parents sent me to stay in a boys' dormitory in Quezon City. It was a newly renovated building that once belongs to the Carmelite Sisters.

The Hall, we are used to call it has 5 floors. The building was made of full concrete which means the ceilings and walls are concrete and the floors in marbles. From the 2nd floor to the 5th floor are the dormitories. On the ground floor there is our refectory/canteen, a small fancy chapel and a reception. Each room has 4sets of beds and a small closet/cabinet. At the foot of the beds there's our study table with a cabinet on top of it. Beside the table there's a wash basin and the bathroom.

We are the pioneers in that dormitory so we heard a lot of freaky stories from people who have been finishing the building.

One day on my first year, I had just arrived from school and headed right away to my room. My room was in the third floor then. I was in a hurry because I just bought a couple of "Archie and Jug head" comic books. As I lay in bed and reading one of the comic books I heard a noise coming from the ceiling. The noise sounded like someone was tossing coins on the ceiling.

I went to the room upstairs the one on top of my room to check who was tossing the coins. Apparently the room was closed. I went back to my room and continued reading but there it was again. It was so annoying that I went back to the same room and even checked the other rooms but there was nobody. Some windows were open and I saw that they were empty. It seemed that I was the only one who went home early because I went downstairs and checked in the log book. The occupants of those rooms were not yet logged-in.

Anyway, a year passed and I was now occupying a different room. But one day I passed by a group of students who were hanging out sharing some ghost or freaky stories. One boy shared his freaky story that he often hears coins being tossed on the ceiling but nobody was in the rooms on top of his. I asked the boy where he is staying and it was in the same room where I stayed before.

There were some more creepy experience in that dormitory which I will share later.

Other hauntings by rumpoint

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rumpoint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

merlin (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-06)
maybe it is an entity guarding something valuable. And it wants to break free from guarding it so that entity wants someone to find that valuable thing. (coins can be equated to riches right?)... Sounds like a good indiana jones adventure. 😁
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Gee...thats sounds crazy and annoying when a spirit is tossing a coin from the other room...

I also had dormitory ghost stories, which I will post sooner... The system is temporarily down...
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Thanks for dropping by ChrisB and Francois. I will post some more stories regarding this dormitory as soon as I get in to submit story. The next stories will be about dopplegangers and white lady.

Et cum espiritu tuo.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear rumpoint,

It seems you have a seemingly benevolent but annoying spirit in your dormitory. I agree with Tonith on the point were the ghost wanted to somehow get your attention without frightening you. I cannot really offer any advice since nothing bad is happening, and God willing nothing bad will ever occur.

Thank you for sharing your story and I am looking forward to reading more of your stories. God bless, deus vobiscum and God bless.

Sincerely,

Francois
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
I like reading stories about coins. I read one last noght in a book and found it very interesting. In the book the coins represent the family members the adults had big coins and the children had small coins like pennies. I guess in this story it doesn't fit 😆.But this story was very intersting. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Hi Tonith. I think you are right. Something was trying to get my attention at that time. And in addition to that experience, I noticed that the sound was coming from the inside of the concrete ceiling and not from its surface or from the other room on top of mine.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
I don't know what it is about ghosts and coin tossing but a lot of it goes on. The odd part here is that it sounds like it's hitting the ceiling. Someone dropping a coin from the room above would hardly make a noise that distinct. Sounds like it's coming from within the room. You were not the only one to hear it either. I have heard of spirits tossing coins or stones but they find the coins or stones. You just got the sound but no physical evidence of the sound. Something was trying to get your attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: