You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Faceless Man in the Mountains

Real Ghost Stories

The Faceless Man in the Mountains

 

This next event is one that I am putting on the site for a friend as he would love to know if anyone has an opinion about it or can explain it. Any comments are welcome. I am telling it from his perspective.

This happened about 18 years ago. A friend and I were going to a new nightclub up the Dublin Mountains. For any of you who are familiar with the Dublin Mountains you'll know that up there at night time, there is a colour blacker than black. So we were on our way up and we must have taken a wrong turn and after 45 minutes we decided we were lost.

Over in the distance there was someone sitting on a gate into a field. We decided to go over and ask him. As we grew closer we saw that the figure was only short and it seemed to be rocking back and forth really fast, like it was demented.

We stopped and stared for a minute and we realised there was something freaky going on as it was pitch black and we could see the figure had a glow around it, but there were no street lamps or lights around. We also noticed when we got closer, the figure appeared to have no face, it was like a mannequin face, we than looked around us and we seen the trees blowing furiously, but there was no sound at all, you could have heard a pin drop.

We knew we had to get out of there ASAP so we began to jog backwards (as to not take our eyes off the figure). After about 10 minutes doing so, we heard a "SWOOSHH" and we heard the trees again blowing and we knew we were safe.

We eventually found the nightclub and the rest of the evening was normal. I still can't explain that night but what I do know is that whatever the being was it was not good.

If anyone has experienced the same thing or has a theory behind it please let me know. All comments are checked daily and replied to. Thanks for reading my story.

Other hauntings by Dena90

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dena90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
it was probably another nighhtclubber who got fed up looking for the bloody place... & just went demented
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
did it again gah not my fault it comes out fine on my end but when it posts it it is messed up but anyway rest is right except after the dash and that's bo with an accent
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
the post screwed up my last name of it its Noppera-bō its bo after the dash I don't know why it put &#333 there *kicks comment board and yells behave you*
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
a Noppera-bō is what that may have been fits the description. Japanese creature of no face. No one knows what they fully are or what they want and in all of written history none of these creatures have really harmed anyone. They more intend to scare. The reason why is unknown but you find the most stories of their kind in japanese stories. Where it was or wasn't doesn't sound a native thing of Dublin to me. Wonder what it was doing there.
eridrin (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
I can confirm your paranormal experience.

It happened to me long time ago when I was still a kid (about 5 years old). My grandma used to take me to the kindergarden from my apartment each morning and I remember for a short period of time (about 1 week), I had a man in totally red suit (almost like spiderman red) followed me each day to and from kindergarden. The weird thing was that my grandma never noticed him (he was only 12 feet away).

I remember the last moment I saw him. He stood there in front of me and my grandma facing us while my grandma was trying to open the door to my apartment. He stood there and stared at me and didn't move at all. That was when I realized that he was faceless. (No mouth, no nose, no eyes, no ears)

I was way too young to be scared and didn't know what to do. All I remember was that as soon as my grandma opened the door, I ran in and shut it. I never saw him again.

Now that I'm in my 30's each time I think about it I still think it's creepy.
RJ1408 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I've never had anything like that happen to myself but at least two people in my family have had encounters with faceless ghosts and both were pretty chilling, this one was no different.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Hi Dena. Thanks you for sharring your friends story with us. I found it very interesting. I was a little shocked that your friend couldn't hear the leaves when the wind was blowing. I found that very weird. Either it was caused by the fear they felt and actually they couldn't hear it or it was caused by this spirit. I believe that the reason why they didn't see tha mans face was because the spirit couldn't fully manifest. Why was it rocking back and forth very rapidly? I have know Idea. Maybe for the same reason as I said bfore. I realy liked reading your story. Thanks for sharring and I hope you share your other stories soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Mr_Question (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
sounds like a elemental ghost that must of been murdered on a windy day and it seemed the ghost didn't liked to be looked at much or like company the ghost seems to be upset and can't or don't like people very much I say

Mr Question
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Almost sounds like you entered a different time dimension. Like a time warp. The absence of sound had to be disturbing. It was like the sound had to catch up to the present to be heard. The figure I have no idea about. Could you have witnessed what they call an elemental? Something that was never human to begin with? I have no idea. While I believe in ghosts which were once human I have a problem with demons,imps, fairies and the like. Too mythical. Even a legend has some truth in it but myths seem just myths and products of the imagination. Great story. If I ever get to Ireland I will be sure to visit the area.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Sounds to be maybe an elemental creature? IDK, this is odd. The woods are full of many different living beings. Have you ever looked up the history of the mtns? Maybe others have seen what you seen. Take care & thanks for posting!
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
missydee- Thanks for the comment! I was up at the hellfire club once (daytime) it was a little creepy alright! Funnily enough I do love The dublin mountains... Just in the daytime... With someone... And a hammer just in case lol 😁
missydee (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Hi Dena,
Thanks for posting your friends story. I enjoyed reading it. I have been to the Dublin Mountains at night time. It certainly is creepy and completely pitch black! I haven't been to the Hellfire Club but I'd love to go see it (during the day though, as my friends won't go at night!)
Can't wait to read more of your posts!
😊 ❀ 😊
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
No never been, is it nice? 😊 I would like to travel though... Job keeps getting in the way! 😭
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
will have to mail you-firewall is blocking chat room-FROM SA-PRETORIA HAVE YOU EVER BEEN?
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Sorcha-Thanks a mill, I added you to my favourite posters so Iwill let you know when they are up 😊 ❀
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
carrycat-Im from Dublin Ireland, not a bad place! If you can't get the chat room e-mail me on dena_m_rowe [at] yahoo.ie. Where are you from? 😊
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Wow Dena! What a very freaky experience. Its weird how you couldn't hear the wind in the trees when you were near the figure. This is very creepy indeed, I am glad you didn't attract its attention. Scary stuff! Looking forward to your next post. I have heard of the Hellfire club but I don't know all the details. I grew up in Dublin but I have never had an experience.
Take care! 😁
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
that would be great-thats if my work server will allow me to enter the chat room-will look for you there. Where are you from?
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
carrycat- I'm the same! Addicted to the site lol. Want to go on to the site chatroom 4 a chat? Comments take ages lol πŸ˜†
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Dena90-i will definately keep my eyes peeled for your new post-its 13:30pm now and I have been reading these stories for a while-i love hearing about other peoples experiences.
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
carrycat; yes there has been many haunted things up that way including an incident in a place called the HELLFIRE CLUB. I plan to post it soon as there is way too much to put in a comment lol. I have been back up that way again a few times... In car though and not on foot. Never seen it again (not that I'm complaining)
You should look out for my post of the hellfire club soon though, it'll freak ya! 😳 πŸ˜† ❀
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
just want to say-it must be an extremely good nightclub to want to go back-lol
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Have you ever gone back that way... Maybe to look for it again, do you know anything about the area-like have people died suddenly or dissapeared? πŸ˜•
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
carrycat- to be honest I'm not sure if it was aware of us, its head looked as though it was staring at the gound just rocking away 😲 ❀
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
thats scary... Rocking back and forth, did the 'thing' look at you or notice you guys were there?
Dena90 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
rhodes68- I know! I'd love to know if it means anything or has been seen before! The Dublin Mountains are very well known for being haunted, I might post up some of the sightings and tales but none of them are things I have personally experienced... Thank God!
Thab
Thanks For reading my story❀

Bruwx- I had a similar experience when I was 9, you should check it out I have it posted, its called the hooded figure. It'll give you the chills believe me 😲
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
Hi Dena-that was a frightening encounter you had that day!

It doesn't seem as if you had encountered a human entity that day. The description of the figure rocking back and forth fast gave me goose-bumps!
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
wow, looks like if it was me I would drop dead, I once saw a black figure with no face going down the stirs when I was little like, I was 4.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: