You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Violently Shook My Bed Last Night

Real Ghost Stories

Something Violently Shook My Bed Last Night

 

I was not a believer in ghosts or the paranormal including any gods, angels, fairies, spirits or anything else of that nature until last night. I am now a bit freaked out by this experience.

I was sound asleep in my bed in a house that I have lived in for 20 years. I live with my 25 year old son who was not home at the time. Something started bouncing on my bed. I tried to kick it out of my bed. I was half awake and half asleep but trying to wake up fully so I could kick it in the butt whatever it was. I also felt it lying down next to me and tried to push it away.

I finally succeeded in getting it out of my bed and I started to wonder why I wasn't afraid. It was not scary but just annoying me when I was trying to get back to sleep. Suddenly it started again to bounce violently on my bed. This time I yelled at it - GO AWAY and STOP BUGGING ME! It vanished quickly and easily sort of like a SWOOSH and it was gone.

I absolutely KNOW that something was there bouncing on my bed and lying down next to me. It was not a dream. I also wonder why this did not scare me at the time - I mean, I am a bit freaked out by it and have not mentioned it to anyone because it seems so weird. Anybody have any comments for me? Thanks, Granny

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, granny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AZWILDCAT (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
Just now reading this, I had a similar experience in July 2013 it was in the afternoon I was lying in bed trying to nap, when the bed felt like cats were walking all over it, my pillows would move it was so irritating. I yelled out loud GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE, felt this swoosh of a wind across my face and heard it as well. More occurances came off and on, I just decided to accept these visitors and sleep through their pestering.
XDeMoNiCX_XAnGeL (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
like wolfreal said I had a dream were I was being attacked by this white cloaked thing and I woke up cringing and it hurt SOOO bad! 😭
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I have felt physical things in my dreams. Generally they are translated into the dream for something that happens in real life. For instance in your dream you may see your arm on fire or may feel someone grasping it tightly. IN real life you are sleeping on your arm causing pins and needles. There have been times while dream I thought I was awake and did not know tha I wasnt, until I actually woke up. For all I know I am dream right now...
Sakura (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
[at] WolfReal, when something shakes your bed, you KNOW you're not asleep. << It's physical. If you feel something physical, you aren't asleep. Or at least, that's the rule I play by in dreams. ❤
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Granny...- How do you know it was not a dream? What did you do after you heard it talk?
knopik (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Talking can help as well as establishing a knock or code. If you would like future warning before this being comes to play, ask them to knock first for permission.
Also, I do not believe that this spirit or being has bad intensions. I grew up with beings like the one you told about for all my life, and many came after re-finishing a floor or getting a new water heater. I am keen on the idea that it could be a future grandchild. I am currently expecting and have had plenty of weird experiences.
I am visited mostly for blessings to be given to me, and this gave me the idea of a child being the first to give you his or her blessing.
Just something that I couldn't get off of my mind after I read your story.
Happy to give any help or advice,
Knopik 😉
Scarlet123 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
Sounds like a poltergiest to me. And they are hard to get rid of in some cases. 😠 I read of a situation where a poltergiest haunted a girl for about 7 years, doing horrible things. Lets hope its not that severe.
EmoCrystal (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
My bed shaks a lot and yea it was a sprit. I woke up to a woman screaming (I was home alone when I woke up) and my bed was shaking really really badly. 😨
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
OK, you live in this house for 20 years... And I am assuming, without incident, right? Now suddenly you have startling incident with the bed.

Did you move anything in the house recently? Make any serious renovations? Knock down a wall? Oft times ghosts will show up when such a change is made to a home.
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
wow... It could have been your imagination because you were half asleep but lately it seems that anything can happen. Perhaps it was poltergiest... But it probably didn't mean harm.
😊 ❤ 😊
Key2theafterrlife
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
It sounds like a little child ghost! They always like to jump on beds and annoy grown ups. 😁 I read this story yesterday, but last night I felt the same thing. It was jumping up and down all over my bed! I instantly thought back to this story. Turned out, it was my kitten. Still really scared me though! 😳 Anyway, it's good that you weren't afraid!
mimroro (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
Well very interesting I got to say... But that would freak me out to! I'm no a heavy sleeper I'm a light one... I'm going to tell you a quick story that relates to this! One night I woke up in the middle of the night. And I was like frozen when I woke up I couldn't move. When I heard someone walking back and forth in my hallway and I couldn't scream. So I decided to go to sleep. Weird isn't it? Love, Mimroro
P.S. I'm 12! 😊
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
some people are hard sleepers and well your brain doesn't work as well when your half sleep have you had any work on the house done if so you may have caused the ghosts to uprise
PopLove (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Maybe its just a child that died in that house or something. The shakin the bed violently was probably for telling it to go away and it got mad, but it won't harm you at all. I sometimes feel someone on my bed when I'm half awake or assleep. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I am always a little apprehensive when somehthing like this happens when we are not fully awake and in bed. I think many of us have had that sensation of someone sitting down on our beds but a bed shaking violently is another ballgame entirely. If you weren't awake something like that would wake you up pretty fast. My one friend had a sleigh bed that her daughter claimed shook a lot too. This was an antique bed so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm not sure what you experienced but it doesn't seem to be hostile and listened when you asked it to stop so I don't think it's anything to worry about. If there has been previous activity chances are you have some kind of spirit living with you that decided to make itself known. Glad you kept your cool but it's odd how somethings will freak us right out and other things don't. It's like there is no bad vibe about it so we don't get scared. I hope it is a good omen about you getting that grandchild. We just had our first grandchild and I said to my 33 year old son, it's about high time lol. I complained if they waited much longer the kid and I would be in diapers lol. Doesn't it make you wonder about what happens after death even if you have no religious affliation? I believe in an afterlife but I have the sneaking suspition that it may be more like what we discuss in here than what religion teaches. Good luck with getting that grandchild. Use guilt if needed lol.
rawriwantmycooki (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
The Spirt was just messing with it, yew know they get boird. Just ignore it and show that yewr not afraid. Byebye granny.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Hi, Granny -
Thanks for posting your story. To preface my comments, I want to tell you that you do write with a youthful flair. However, through the years I had the priviledge to learn from my now 78-year-young mother that age is in the mind. It is only when you THINK you are old that you truly ARE.

First, I want to tell you that you are not alone - all it takes is one experience like yours to make believers out of nonbelievers!

Second, not all paranormal experiences are negative. My family has lived in our current house for 6 years, and all of us (including friends) have had paranormal experiences of varying degrees and types - including visits/communications with my younger daughter's twin brother. These spirits co-exist with us and are sometimes very entertaining, as yours was. It sounds to me like your spirit was being playful with you, whether it was adult or child. Some spirits have a great sense of humor, as they did in life.

Was there any incident recently that may have triggered this spirit's activity - remodeling in the house, a visit from a person who has never been there (bringing it with him/her), you or your 25-yr-old son visiting a cemetary where the spirit might have resided, etc.? Although the activity startled you, you needn't automatically be scared about it. It didn't appear to be negative. Just tell him/her that you don't want to be disturbed in your sleep; you need your rest. Other daytime visits may prove to be eye-openers for you. If you have any other activity, there are a myriad of websites out there with some great paranormal educational materials.

Let us know if you have any other visits!

Blessed be,
ParaTam
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Omg! When I first read this I thought it might have been like a little boy or girl who lived there in past life! 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Granny,
I have not read the other comments, so if I am being repetitive, please excuse me.

I think you were not afraid at the time because what ever was on your bed was not dark. This sounds very playful in nature.

I realize that you have lived in the house for a number of years and this is the first encounter you mention. It is possible that this possible entity came to your home by a different means. It may have accompanied a family member or an item that was brought into the home or a friend, or even just some one that randomly stopped by your home such as a meter reader or mail man.

If this happens again, I would further investigate, but for now, it doesn;t sound as if you have anything to be overly concerned with. (Although, I would be wondering my self 😁)

God Bless!
granny (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
I also like the idea of it being playful - I mentioned that it violently shook my bed, but you are right, it was actually a playful bouncing as if a child were trying to get my attention. I hope it comes back to visit me again. BTW... The last person in the world I would ever call is a priest. Like I said, I do not believe in any gods. Love, Granny
granny (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Thanks for all the replies - You gave me a lot to think about. I am thinking that it could have been a future child? Maybe coming to visit me to see if it wants me to be the granny? I hope so. I am hoping for a grandchild soon. I will not bop it with my cane. Next time I am going to talk nice to it and hope it comes back. Love, Granny
jazzi001 (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
I've had experiences like this while being half awake and half asleep... They did not frighten me either, maybe whatever it was, wasn't bad. I wasn't the least bit afraid when I had my experience, so maybe it's just these... Spirits or whatever they are trying to get our attention. They don't all have to be bad. Very scary event.
demonencounter (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
that was pretty freaky, ill bet you that was a child spirit of maybe a child who died in that house 😲
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
I, very much like James and Francois, doubt this had anything to do with the Old Hag. Your story was placed under that category since it was an experience you had during night time.

I'm more inclined to believe that this was "someone's" attempt to draw your attention-thus intelligent haunting. By the way you describe the event, it sounds very much like a child but it's unclear as to whether this "energy" is related to the house or simply "dropping by".

I also think it might be visiting again but the way it'll choose to "approach" you will depend on your reaction to it.

Please keep in mind that no matter how disturbing such an experience might be, someone might be in desperate need of assistance or simply of connection.

Since you can never be certain as to who it is, I'd advise you to be cautious concerning the way you handle it-you really do NOT need to have this situation get out of hand.

Sometimes a spirit/ghost is kind enough to "follow" our instructions even if these are "get the h... Out of here" but at other times this tone of voice might get you into a lot of trouble.

Thank you for posting your encounter and hope you'll keep us posted.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Granny--You mnetion the old hag phenomenon. I doubt very much this was one. Those who have been visited by the hags generally see them and see them horribly face and face. Your spirit sounds more like a youngster, bouncing and playful and wanting to lie close to you. Perhaps it wanted fun and comforting reassurance that only a gran can provide. A strange and unsettling experience for you, most certainly, and you may respond however you see fit. If you're as self-possessed as you sound, you may find any number of ways should the visitor come again. Always protect yourself by summoning a protective aura or energy from God or the universe, according to your individual belief, and you shall not be harmed. You may even find a new and enlightening insight into the seen (our bodies, things) and the unseen (the mind, thoughts, feelings, spirits). As they say, "You go, girl!" God bless.
Kavya (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
theres a similar story to this but this happened at a hospital. A patient was doing fine in this particular room until he informed a nurse that there was somehing shaking the bed, and asked her to check under the bed for him but nothing was there. The next day the patient died and there was no reason. A couple of nurses whispered about it being in a haunted bed because there used to be a criminal who died there. He hasn't stoped killing. ❤ ❤
Francois (220 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Dear granny,

I believe you have a intelligent haunting, nothing to worry about as long as the entity is benevolent, you're alright.

If it gets violent, call a priest, if not, and then contact a paranormal group. With hope nothing of malevolent action will occur.

Thank you for posting this great story. Like many, kind of creepy, has anyone passed in your house?

God bless and take care

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
That sounds very strange. I am not sure what it is.

😆 I loved your comment saying "YEP - If that thing comes back again, I am going to bop it with my cane" 😆 That was hilarious.

Take Care! ❤

P.S You are definatly going into my favorite posters:)
granny (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Hey Graeffy - How old would you consider older woman? I am 60. Love, Granny
Graeffy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
granny you seem as if you are a kid or teenager not an older women. Anyways whoever you are that story was pretty good but I still don't think you are an older women by the way you type and that your username is "granny"

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: