You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Fascinated And Shook

Real Ghost Stories

Fascinated And Shook

 

I just 'had' to submit this as it happened this past Tuesday on 2/6/2024.

I was driving to the credit union early in the morning. I had just gotten off of work, and wanted to take care of a bill, and draw a little money out. The road I take is called Rocky River Drive. It takes me to Brookpark road which is right in front of Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I mention the airport for a reason.

I was going down the road when, of course, I hit a red light. I'm sitting there, and glance up to the sky. I do that frequently since I'm accustomed to aircraft going overhead. Oh, yeah! I saw a jet. Blue body with a red, blue, and yellow tail. However, it was 'completely' motionless. Just hanging there, and 'not moving'. Also, there was no noise. Now usually jets make that unmistakable sound, but 'this' was absolutely silent. I did a double - no 'triple'-take. I could not believe that it wasn't moving at all. If I had been on the roof of one of the houses I could've thrown a stone at it. So, it was close enough for me to observe.

Apparently the other people around me noticed it, too. The woman in the car next to me grabbed her smart phone, and placed it on the dash to get a shot of it, and I saw the guy in the car behind me doing the same with his cell phone. Unfortunately 'my' trac phone was zipped up in my purse, and turned off at the time. I had no time to retrieve it. On top of that, I was in traffic, and the light changed. I 'had' to proceed when the light turned green. I couldn't possibly block traffic.

I went to the credit union slightly shook from what I, and others saw, but I had to calm down. It's not too good to drive in a shaken state, I assure you. On the way back it was gone.

I have seen things like what I saw on a show called 'Paranormal Caught on Camera' on the Travel channel. However, I viewed those videos with a certain amount of skepticism. I thought it was all brilliant C.G.I... They, now, have my profound apologies. If I hadn't actually witnessed it along with the other drivers (I didn't notice any side-walk traffic at the time), I wouldn't have believed it. I have 'tried' to rationalize this away, but cannot seem to come up with a scientific explanation for it. Sorry, folks!

Has this happened to anyone else on this site? If so, PLEASE tell me about it, and what 'you' might have for an explanation. I'm not to sure about the 'glitch in the matrix' line of thought, but nonetheless, I cannot explain it. I'm still a little bum-fuzzled over it. Not to mention, still a bit shook up. Thanks for any input in advance!

Other hauntings by Linjahaha

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Linjahaha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Linjahaha (24 stories) (131 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-15)
Berggraf38: Thank you for your input. I agree that it was just a trick of perspective after all. Although it gave me pause at the time.
Thanks to all of you who helped figure out this interesting anomaly for me!

All the Best! 😊 😊
Berggraf38 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-02-13)
Hi Linjahaha,

Over 20 years ago when I was living in California, I was in a truck as a passenger driving by LAX and saw a full-sized airliner about 200 meters away, about to land (maybe 100 ft up), It looked like it was hovering in the air, motionless. As I drove by (at highway speed) I kept staring at it, and it just seemed to be stuck in the same spot in the sky. I was able to keep it in view for maybe 20 or 30 seconds. It was quite surprising and unbelievable to try to comprehend.
I've thought about it a lot and I think it's like CantunSEEit74 says, they are just so big that even though they land at well over 100mph (airspeed), that is relatively slow looking for something that huge. Planes tend to land into the wind as well, so if you have a headwind, it can reduce the speed even more.
I think the angle you see it from can make a big difference too. It's a bizarre visual effect for sure.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (131 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-02-11)
Rajine: Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go into my purse to grab my little trac phone to take a pic., but I was in moving traffic when the light changed.
However, what lady-glow sent me makes immense sense as to 'what' I may have really seen. You ought to watch the videos she sent me. Seriously, I feel rather sheepish now for assuming that it was paranormal, but I never profess to be faultless. It struck me as highly unnerving at the time, but after settling down, & observing those videos, I realize that it was probably a trick of perspective.
Thanks to all of you for trying to help me figure this out!

Best to All! 😁 😁
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-02-11)
It would have been amazing if we could see what you have seen, I've come across a few witness accounts of similar incidents throughout the years, but it's hard to determine exactly what it could have been.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-02-10)
I find the following video interesting and well explained.

Https://youtu.be/3osSwf7dgUI?si=Qr7QlHm73-s65zSU
Linjahaha (24 stories) (131 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-02-10)
CantUSEEit: Nope! I've never been on a plane. I rode a helicopter once up to the faces of Mt. Rushmore. The moment 'it' went up my stomach went down. After that, I was cured of flying. Sorry.
However, I thank all of you for the possible explanations. It was just so weird not to hear the familiar jet sound, & see it not moving. At least, that was how it appeared. Thank you!

Take care! 😜 😜
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (60 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-02-09)
Linjahaha I lived above the Boise airport runway 4 years ago now and almost every morning the huge Fed Ex planes would come in from my left past the front of our home and far to my right is a runway and I could see the tires on the runway. These large lumbering monsters sometimes seemed stopped in midair, and I wondered why they don't just fall out of the sky. The engine noise and wash are blowing out the back, so they were very quiet throttling down coming in for the landing and watching them come in with my neighbors standing outside we were really in awe. There is a Navy plane here and it is the biggest plane I have ever seen and very slow in the sky. We hear wing brakes all day and night being 3 miles away from airport now. Have you been on a plane where it seemed they completely stopped when circling before descending to land I have?. Thats when I feel like I am going to throw up. 😟
RCRuskin (9 stories) (818 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-02-09)
I have heard and seen other reports of this phenomenon. But until yours, it seemed no one else noticed the weirdness going on.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (131 posts)
+2
3 months ago (2024-02-08)
lady-glow, Thank you for that video. Far out! However, I didn't 'hear' any jet noise-which I'm quite accustomed to hearing, living not too far from a major airport. Also, it wasn't too windy of a day. Of course, the wind on the ground is minimal compared to what the wind must be [at] a higher elevation. That would make sense in that respect.
You gave me something to ponder about, so thank you very much for your helpful input!

All the Very Best! 🤔 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-02-08)
Hi Linjahaha.

Interesting experience. Perhaps you should check YouTube for "hovering airplane", there are many videos of people reporting seeing something similar and, with some luck, there may be some explanation for this phenomena.

Look at this one, in which the wind affects the movement of the plane.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHjyyw_7jqg

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: