You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Housemaid's Last Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Housemaid's Last Goodbye

 

Before the doppelganger incident, my cousin experienced another scary event after our housemaid died. This housemaid of ours has taken care of her since she was a small child, and luckily I got a chance to see and spend time with her until I entered 1st grade.

This housemaid of ours, ate Saling (not her real name), was really nice to us, she took care of us whenever my cousins' mom wasn't around and always made sure that we were okay even though my cousin and I would always prank her. She was more of a family than a housemaid. Since I was the youngest in the household, whenever she goes out and no one's around the house to look after me, she takes me with her after asking permission from my aunt.

Usually, she just visits her relatives until late in the afternoon, then we'll go to the sari-sari store in our subdivision and she'll treat me with the "pasalubong" bread that was longer and bigger than today's fudgee bar and it only costs 5 pesos back then (Filipino's in their mid and late 20 knows about this) and then we'll finally head back home.

One day, I noticed that she wasn't around the house, and made me wonder then until my aunt told me that ate Saling died from a heart attack. Back then I didn't know how serious the word 'dead' is, so I didn't cry but I did know that we'll never see her again.

I don't know what day this actually happened, but maybe the night or a day after ate Saling died, she made her presence known to my cousin. As to what my cousin relayed to us, she said that just before she was about to fall asleep, the edge of her bed on her right side suddenly dipped like someone just sat there. She was alone in her room so she knows that it was something paranormal.

Since she was too scared to look, she just covered herself with her blanket and kept her eyes closed. After a few moments, the feeling of someone sitting on her bed didn't go away but instead, it moved and my cousin felt someone hugging her. This scared her a lot so she immediately went out of the room carrying her pillow and came knocking to her mother's room to spend the night there. And well, she actually slept there for days.

The next morning, after my cousin told us what happened, my aunt just said that maybe it was ate Saling saying her last goodbye to her as she was practically the one who took care of her until her last days of being our housemaid. This event doesn't really scare me but instead, I find it wholesome as I loved that housemaid of ours.

Other hauntings by Panini18

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Panini18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KaranSobti (3 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-12-08)
Great Story! I really liked your style of narration and the story gave me goosebumps.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-11-20)
Kindly tell me your email add para masend ko sayo yung tagalog version 😁 or just email me here, zarujaz1994 [at] gmail.com

If wala po akong mareceive na email from you, then this is understood that your permission includes my tagalog version of your story 😁
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+6
2 years ago (2021-11-20)
Ofc panini. That is why I'm asking for your permission 😁. Other podcasters would just grab your story and that's the end of it. Not me 😁
Panini18 (8 stories) (14 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-20)
Hello Zaruje,

Thank you, that seems nice, yes you could use my story for your podcast. But I would like a link for it so that I could also hear it. And just make sure to mention my account name for copyright.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-18)
Hi.

I would love to use your story for my podcast. So if you don't mind and if you would give your permission, I would translate this to tagalog and read for my podcast 😁
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-12)
Hi Panini18

Loved ones who have passed on are always around us even though we can't see them, I'm sure your housemaid was there to say goodbye and that she'll always be around.
Panini18 (8 stories) (14 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-10)
Hi DarkDaisy_13,

Your uncle must have loved you too. I wish ate Saling also said goodbye to me. Eventhough I was 9 years younger than my cousin, I don't get scared that easily.
DarkDaisy_13 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-09)
Aww this was sweet, I remember when my great uncle died and I swear I saw him in my room the next day. Its good to know She wanted to say her Last good byes to your cousin.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: