You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My 2 Years Old Sees a Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My 2 Years Old Sees a Ghost

 

My story begins a few years back, 10 years and 10 months to be exact. I was pregnant with my second child, a son, when my Papa passed away from an awful struggle against cancer. He truly loved my daughter and was heartbroken as he knew he would probably not meet his great-grandson. He had moved in with my mother for his final years. He died in what used to be my brother's room at my mother's home.

Last July, my mother retired and moved, myself and my fiancee bought her home (which was my childhood home). We completely remodeled the house. One day, I was alone at the house and painting my brother's old room. This room was to now belong to both my 10 years old son and my 2 years old son. I was up on the ladder trying to stretch-paint (not smart) when I lost my balance and saw my feet leave the ladder. I closed my eyes and somehow was put back and saved from falling! I had goosebumps but just said "Thanks Papa".

Two nights ago my toddler told me there is a ghost laying in his Bubba's bed. He has since started being very clingy. He is usually fearless and dark does not bother him. Last night, me and my fiancee were watching TV and my son was sitting on his bed playing Game boy. He said the ghost was there. We watched him, he was unaware we were watching, as he played, he would big-eyed look at the bed beside him. He did this for about 20 min. He never cried, just acted like he did not want to lose sight of "ghost". My two older children were not here at the time.

Does anyone have any advice, etc?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Cheerypop123 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Don't get scarred because every little kid is born with the 6th sence but it takes off over of the years sometimes they come back so don't need to worry 😉 😉 😉
IDontLikeBimbos (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
I have to say, trust what your child tells you. If your child says he is a bad man, ITS A BAD MAN. Children are more perceptable to that kind of stuff, more so than adults. Also, although it sounds a little far fetched, demonds take the form of the deceased to get us to allow them to come into the household or life of whoever they choose. This is not something to be taken lightly.
Alicia_maree (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
Hi everyone,
I just want to thank you for posting this story and all of the replies. It has validified what my mum and I believed about my 2yo son. For a few weeks he has claimed that a man was in the room at bed time (I'm a single mum and he sleeps with me), and covers his eyes. I hav asked him what is wrong and he says 'man' repeatedly. I ask him where the man is and he says 'door'. I ask if the man is good or bad and he says 'bad'. My grandad recently passed from cancer (about a month ago, around the same time this started). He was at my son's birth but only met him once afterwards when he was already suffering dementia. Mum and I thought it was him and that my son is scared and claims he is bad due to the fact that it is new to him. This story offers some comfort in the prospect of family members sticking around to watch over/ or get to know their grandchildren. Thanks again for the posts.
curious_the_ghost (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
have you ever tried to show him a picture of your papa? Id bet it was him and I agree he's just watching over you guys and it must be comforting to know he has got to see his grandson after all 😁
lookout95 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-27)
i have no doubt in my mind it was your papa. And he's most likely only trying to reveal himself so you know that he's still there, watching over you and keeping you safe. Don't be scared, I guess since he didn't even see your son, he is giving him more attention.
Good LUck
-Bridggggeeee ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
If I am reading this as you wrote it, only yourself (being saved from a nasty fall) and your two year old have seen or experienced any thing "out of the ordinary". I would LIKE to think that this means that your Papa is still in the process of loving and caring for you and yours. I would also like to think that he is afforded the opportunity to check in on the Great-Grandchildren that he was so heartbroken at thinking that he would never get the opportunity to meet. How wonderful.
Thank you.
colinchohan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
WOW even reading "I was up on the ladder trying to stretch-paint (not smart) when I lost my balance and saw my feet leave the ladder. I closed my eyes and somehow was put back and saved from falling! I had goosebumps but just said "Thanks Papa" gave me goosebumps, purplequeen12's right must be your guardian angel. Thanks you for sharing your story 😊
honesty (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
he didn't cry because he didn't need to. I was "touched" from a very young age and I dealt with it for many years alone. Since then I have met many people like me, who share the exact same experiences I have grown up with and continue to grow up with. Advice? Let him know that you are there, and that you believe him. Nothing is harder growing up than the fear of being open. Children are not like- they do not rely on the 5 senses because they haven't learned how to operate them yet (e.g. No one has told them it is not okay to "feel" certain things or that "it was probably just the wind...") I had a vocal teacher in college who described it to me best- mind you, this was after she asked me, " is anyone here with you right now?" and half the papers she had pinned to her bulletin board came flying off. She said that the more we rely on our senses, the more we miss what's really there. Your child can't, and probably never will, disassociate the two. It's a blessing. My uncle came to me when I was 5, stood over my bed and watched me. He died of aids-my parents told me he had died of cancer... He told me the truth, my mom has believed me ever since, and that has made all the difference. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is wrong with your son. One day he will start getting messages (I was told my grandmother, who was like me, would pass 6 months before she did, and she knew it.) don't live in fear of it, tell him to watch for his angels (they are real whether you believe in them or not, and sooner or later he will start seeing them,) and always be there for him. That's all the advice you need.

also, there is another one who is with your child, christopher maybe? Not sure, he's kind of goofy, and he'll help him along his way. Wouldn't hurt to ask your son about him.

i hope this helped, and no harm if it didn't, a million blessings*
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
That's so cool of your papa! He's your guardian angel and he likes to protect you. I think that's really neat. 😉
Kate (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-28)
You are very lucky to have your own personal gardian angle watching over you , you my need him some day.
A long time ago my grandmother died and a couple years later my cousin got hurt (nearly died) and while he was in the hospital my grandma came and talked my cousins mom and toled him he was going to be fine. She toled her (my aunt) to go to the hospital right away. And when my aunt got the my cousin was a wake from his coma(with little brain loss)! My aunt was so happy she cried and cried.
jacob (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
i am 13, I where black and believe in spirits, typical teenager, I have had several cases including voices, weeji bords!, my house is haunted, I do witchcraft like my parents and I have been contacted many times, weird stuff happens in my house so often I don't take notice, most spirits are friendly, but those who aerent are dangerous, your are 1 of the lucky ones to have a gardien angel
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
reassure your son that its just his great grandpa coming to see him. Make sure he know that it won't do anything but protect and watchover him. Congratulations on having such a great guardian angel, because that is what he is.
Angie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
I wouldn't worry too much. Kids are more open to spirits. Therefore, they are more likely to see them. I have no doubt that it was your papa, but If I was you, I would tell your son not to worry, that its just his grandpa watching over him.
Kassandra and Carol (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
We think the ghost is your father and he is not in peace because he never met his grandson. We think you should pray for him in the room he died in so he can sleep in peace. Also put Holy Water around the corners of the room and around it too.
Jen (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
Thanks to all of you that responded! I agree that it is a welcomed thing (for me anyway) My Pappa was the closest thing to a father that I had and I miss him horribly! Of course, my fiancee, is just weirded out by thw whole thing. When I had told him of my ladder incident, he just said "Don't say that again". But, now that our son has mentioned it he is a ittle more open. I just do not want my son to get scared!
Cassie Perez (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
i think you should welcome it if it saved you might be your dad or someone nice but thank it as away.
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
Its great that your papa is watching over you. Must be great to be living in the house you grew up in. Anyway, maybe you can contact him or something. He may leave soon, maybe he just wanted to see your son. Ghosts do that, they stay until they fulfill something.
meme (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-23)
ummmm...this happened 2 my science teacher.
DO NOT BE SCARED OF GHOSTS.
babyd (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
i think it is great that your papa is there watching over your children and you I would give anything if my papa passed and did that for him to be there with me good luck
donot want tosaymyname (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
just live with it. If it is your papa then he is obviously nice and won't want to harm u
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
Jen, my advice would be for you to sit your children down one at a time and get them to describe what they are seeing to you. If they are describing what sounds like your Papa, well then you should have nothing to worry about, not that you should have anything to worry about any way. It's not like the spirit is harming anyone in the family is it. If they describe something totally different or if things start to get out of hand you can have your home blessed or have a cleansing ceremony performed on it. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: