You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: My Mommy's Nanny

Real Ghost Stories

My Mommy's Nanny

 

This story happened a long time ago when my mom was a little girl. She used to tell me this story when I was a child. Now she does not mention the story.

My mommy grew up in Mindanao. Their house was a four storey including the roof top. The family used to have a nanny back then. The nanny died because of an illness (I can't remember the specific disease). The chores the week before she died were untouched. My mommy told me that their nanny threw up at her favorite blanket. But that's not my story.

A week after the nanny died, something strange happened in the house. It was about midnight and my mom was asleep with her other siblings when she woke up and saw this ball of fire. She was scared and terrified at what she was seeing. What scared her even more was that she saw it coming towards her. Her bed was covered with a mosquito net so she felt a little safer, not for long, the ball of fire kind of lifted the net up.

My mom was really surprised, she tried to wake up my uncle but she failed. She was about to cry when she suddenly she was overwhelmed by the feeling of comfort. Back then their nanny used to tuck her to sleep and she used to feel this feeling too. She was sure that the ball of fire was their nanny's soul. She closed her eyes, when mommy opened her eyes again the ball of fire was gone.

But it was not the only thing that happened that night. According to mommy the whole family heard these strange noises. The bed rooms were all located at the second and first floor of the house. The third used to be an attic back then. Everyone heard this noise, like someone was in pain. It was as if someone was carrying heavy chains back and fourth in the third floor and crying. Then the sounds of a cat and dog fighting were. Their fight was like so fierce! They started to hear cries and thumping sounds.

My mommy said that the only room that can be found in the attic was their maid's room which belonged to their nanny. After that scary night, they asked a priest to bless their house. My mommy said that it must have been their nanny whose soul was unrest. She must have thought that she was still alive and could not accept the truth that she was already dead.

Well that's all... Thanks for hearing it out!

Other hauntings by gHosTmAgneT_03

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gHosTmAgneT_03, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
This is such a nice story.
It's lucky your mum knew to get it blessed, so the nanny could pass on. 😊
Jammydodgerman (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
I have heard of other stories that involve people hearing chains in the highest level of the house. As for the dog and cat fight, that may have occured outside. Still, it is a touching account that is happy in a way, now that the spirit is at rest
MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
What a sad story. Hopefully, the nanny's soul is now at peace and is in a better place.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
One often hears stories of souls that do not know they have passed on. They go about their daily routine until they either realize something is not quite right (like talking to people that don't know you are there) or until someone sensitive enough tells them the situation and then they are able to move on.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
Wow that must have been really sad to know that the nanny stayed instead of going to a better place. ❤ Jasmin

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: