You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nighttime Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Nighttime Shadows

 

This is my first story. I've read most of the postings here. This happened in 2003 in my first house here in Texas. It was a small but cute two-bedroom house that was almost exactly 100 feet from a highway overpass. I was married and we had two very young children. The way the house is situated is if you are walking out of the bathroom if you look forward you will see out the small windows in the front door. They were three small windows stair stepped down the door's upper third.

During the night it is very customary for me to go check the kids and visit the bathroom, then finish my round by returning to our bed. I must also add that I wear glasses but, remove them at night and make my rounds without them.

One night I was doing my rounds when a movement in front of me made me think, "Oh, Mack (made up name) needs to go to bathroom." I was about to step aside for him. I finished looking up and realized I was able to see the streetlight shining through our front doors' lowest window through his shoulder. I sucked in my breath and flipped on the light switch. He was gone. I clearly remember feeling that is was my husband, that it was his shape and movement. I wasn't scared more shocked. I still shouted for my husband (still in bed) to turn on the bedside lamp, because I was too chicken to cross the short hall in the dark.

We have since moved but that was my first but not my last experience with ghosts. I am just so very glad that I have always been honest with my self to the point where I knew I wanted to see a ghost but knew if I did, I'd probably wet myself. Thank the Gods I had just finished doing that before it happened.

Blessed Be

Other hauntings by Phoenix77

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phoenix77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
That's true. I have always wanted more experiences of my own, but I want to feel welcome in my own home.
Let us know if anything does happen.

God Bless.
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Nothing had happened in that house before or after that event. Still I'd like to have more than the two experiences, just not in my house. After all, people need somewhere they can feel safe.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Strange.
I honestly don't blame you for wanting the light on! Seeing as it was quite late, it may have been a trick of the light or your mind playing tricks on you?
Although I don't fully believe my above theory I can't seem to think of any other reason for it to have been there.
There is also the fact you weren't wearing you glasses at the time. I often blame shadows and movements on my eyesight. Although that may just be me, hahah.

God Bless.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
That had to be an eye opener lol. I think you did quite well considering. I don't know why some people see these things while others don't but guess it has to do with sensitivity. You were just in the right place at the right time. Could have been something residual being it made no contact.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: