You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunting In Flint

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting In Flint

 

My name is Eric and my house is haunted. I recently moved into my grandparents old home. My grandfather passed away several years ago. My grandmother has now moved to an old folk's home down the street. The paranormal activity began the day I moved in.

There was a note my mother and I found taped on my grandmother's wall. The note was in her handwriting and didn't seem to make much sense of anything. We decided to throw it away and think nothing of it. The next day, walked into her old room to find the note crinkled up, taped back on the wall where we had found it. It wasn't 'till later we found out that note was memories of her mother who committed suicide when she was just a young girl (10).

Over the past month I have lived here, I have experienced several more unexplainable events. I had been hearing things throughout each week that involved sounds of someone knocking on doors, glass breaking, and doors that are shut to rooms trying to open. This is the beginning of the extreme events that have happened recently.

About a week ago I woke up at 3:45ish in the morning to a freezing cold house. I checked the thermometer and it read 37F. To me this was a shock considering I had my heat set at 70 and the low temp that night was in the low 60's. I then noticed the chair in the room with the thermometer, it was fully reclined. This particular chair is an electronic chair in terms of which position you would like the chair. My grandfather had polio and needed such amenities. As mentioned, I noticed that the chair was reclined, and unplugged. I had never plugged it in when I moved it from one side of the room to the other when I was cleaning the house. I called my sister in a state of confusion, and asked her to stay on the phone with me as I ventured the house. As I walked into my grandmother's old room, I found a white sheet that appeared to be "ironed on" the floor. It was positioned as a straight out rectangle on the floor perpendicular to the bed I had moved in there for my guest room. The bed I had moved in was my grandfathers. The bed of which was positioned the same way previously as I found it in his room when he was still in the present.

I had been trying to piece these clues together to establish a reason behind the unexplainable events. My family decided to do some research on the matter at hand and decided to do research in hopes to a solution. My aunt Sue found that if you burned sage in a specific way throughout the house it would cleanse the house of any unwanted activity. I believe this created the unwanted being to become more upset.

The past two days after the "cleansing" I have experienced more than asked for. The first night after our family gathering, I continued to hear something trying to get out of one of the doors in my home. It sounded like the door was locked from the inside and trying to get out. I'm still unsure which door the noise was coming from, but it sounded to be fairly close to the room I was sleeping in.

The next night, I had several friends over to comfort my insecurities of the house. Approximately 3:30am, we started hearing footsteps near the kitchen and stairway to the basement. Before we went to the basement, we went through the house to justify the artifacts of the house (i.e. Doors closed, lights off, and pictures straight). When we went downstairs to perform this specific ritual, we heard footsteps upstairs. When we made our way upstairs we found my grandfathers old room door cracked open to the point where you could visibly see in.

Today, at about 12:30 I continued to hear the door shaking as previously mentioned. I continued watching television and was trying to take an afternoon nap; two times I heard something out of the normal. I heard this voice what sounded like "no erk" and "a", on two separate occasions.

I'm confused with everything going on, and am seeking help on the matter. I'm trying to include everything. I'm 24, the grandson of my grandfather.

I don't know what's going on, but as I write this, I continue to hear the noises. Help.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ehuffman11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

narutofan (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
is your house my anychance built on a cementry or you know near the graveyard because you just mentioned that y had just sifted in so... When you know change the order of things spirits become really kind of troublesome type and according to your stuory I guess there are more than 1 spirits in your house 😕 and this can't be your grandfather he can't be so kind of...angry type 😐
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
I try to imagine what it would be like to live in a haunted house, and I don't think I could handle it. It must be difficult to keep hold of your sanity with all of these scary things going on around you. I wonder if something traumatic happened there...like someone being locked in a room. You said you hear glass breaking and people knocking and trying to get out of doors. It sounds like someone had a bad experience there maybe.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
i agree with all that's been said in previous comments, but have one question. Did your great grandmother live in the house? Was the house left to your grandmother?

It could be your grandfather or great grandmother not agreeing with the way you've moved the furniture or just trying to let you know they're still around. I'd try and talk to your grandmother like the others mentioned and see what you can get out of her.

Good luck and keep us posted. ❤
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
You say your name is Eric. Could "no erk" mean, "No, Eric"? Do you remember your grandpa's voice? Did this voice sound anything like him? If it did, maybe you were doing something he didn't want you to do. As another poster mentioned, is your grandma in a state of mind that would allow you to speak to her about the goings on in the house?

Was your father an outdoor-type person? Maybe his spirit is trying to open the door to go outside.
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-02)
do you pray?

The "no erk" might have been "newark" or "no ark" or...

I sometimes wonder that a lot of paranormal stuff is just confusion, and that it really doesn't mean anything and people spend a lot of time trying to discern what really doesn't matter.

Since it is hard to take a spirits word for it, you might just keep your gaurd up, consider telling it to leave.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-02)
Mr Huffman--"No erk"? Could it be your grandfather wondering why you're home watching TV and asking "No work?"
The note is a very unusual effort, and to me it would signify some level of acknowledgment of your unhappy great-grandmother.
It's good at the start you had friends who witnessed what happened that night. I would do the usual documentation of events on a calendar and see if "it" notices. Would seem that it knows it's gotten through, has your attention, and is amping up.
Others here can tell you more about the sage cleansing aspects.
We'll follow you on this if you keep us posted. ~ James
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-02)
Did your grandfather die in the house? Sorry for the insensitive question, but it might be your grandfather trying to make contact with you, maybe he's confused as to where your grandmother went or something.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-02)
Sounds like a lot is going on.

"It wasn't 'till later we found out that note was memories of her mother who committed suicide when she was just a young girl (10)."- Did your grandmother write this? The memories you mentioned, not to be too personal, but was it like a diary entry?

Is your grandmother is a good mind state? Would you be able to visit her in the home and ask her if she might know what's going on?

Do you think your grandfather's spirit is still in the home?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: