You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Watchful Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

A Watchful Shadow

 

It's been about a month now. I was getting ready for bed, same as usual. My night-light had burned out the night before. I am a very paranoid person, so I always like some light in the dark. I hopped in bed, snuggled up with my cat, and turned off my bedside lamp. My room was pitch black, unusual to the typical dimly lit one. The time was a little after eleven and I was about to drift off to sleep. My eyes opened and closed slowly, for I was very tired. I opened my eyes once more, and to my horror, I saw a tall, black figure in the shape of a man by my bed, watching me. At first, I was skeptical, so I studied it for a while. I noticed it was too tall to be a pillow, and it covered half of an Abbey Road poster behind it, so it was very solid. I noticed that my cat was not bothered; he was sound asleep. I, however, was paralyzed with fear. After I studied the figure for a few seconds, I came to the conclusion that it was, in fact, not a pillow. I shut my eyes tight and prayed. I was afraid that it could've been a man or a burglar, being fourteen I assumed the worst in all cases.

I had a very hard time falling asleep that night. I felt as though it drifted to the other side of my bed, for my feet became extremely cold. When I braved up, I checked the bed side again, and the figure was gone. I asked around the next day what it could've been. My brother told me he had heard what sounded like a woman's voice say "Hey" around the same time the figure appeared. One person said I was seeing things, but another said it could've been my Guardian Angel. That one intrigued me, and I did my research, but it didn't quite match my experience.

Some background information you might find helpful, would be that my parents went through a nasty divorce recently and a lot of changes has been going on in the house. There's a lot of hate and sadness in the home. There have been other unexplainable happenings in the house, my room especially. For example, one night, I was down stairs on the computer and everyone else was asleep upstairs. I then heard the sound of my garage door open and close, someone walk around slowly, sit down, and pull out a newspaper. Clear as day, that's what I heard. I could see the stairs from where I was sitting, so I knew no one was down stairs with me. During that time, my mom's boyfriend, whom I am not the biggest fan of, came over a lot by himself late at night, so that's what I assumed it was. I ignored it for that reason exactly. A while later, my mom came down stairs and I asked her why her boyfriend was here. She told me he wasn't and I instantly got the chills. My brother had a similar experience with hearing the same door open and close a lot.

I've had other experiences where I'll see a flash of yellow light shine in one spot of the room and disappear only two or three feet apart, unlike what you'd see a car make. It wasn't "attached" to the wall, which made it even more bizarre. I've had things fall of tables, wall, and shelves and my door open by itself.

I've heard that sadness can trigger activity. When I'd become overwhelmed with anger, hate, or sadness, I'd write eerie stories all over my walls and in notebooks. All which came from my head. That in itself could be a sign, but I'm no expert. I know that my house is only a little over ten years, but we've also recently done a lot of renovation to it. I also read that can trigger activity.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd take the time to help me with my story. I would love answers and am extremely interested in learning more about this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, forevercarnaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NightKunoichi (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
That would be a bit unnerving. It does sound like a poltergeist but be careful because you always have the chance of it being something nasty. Especially with all of the negative energy in the house and the disturbances from the renovation. Keep a sharp eye out for if things get worse. If it's starting to hurt you, you need to take some action. Also, something for you to try, next time you see it, and if your cat is asleep, try waking it up to see their reaction to the shadow. That might help you determine if it's something less than savory. Good luck!
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Be careful if your writting stange stories that just pop into your head then whatever is in your house could be trying to influence you. Renovation and sadness does attract ghost attention so if your could relieve a even a little tension in your house that might help your experiences. If the experiences get worse you should probibly research how to get rid of it. Hope that helps. ❤Kalli
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
forevercarnaby: This is true the negative vibes and emotions can attract these beings they feed of this sort of energy, the renovations also. It seems you have a lot of stressfull situations going on in your life, and also being the age you are. I have no doubt that something is trying to make its presence known. Does anybody else experience anything at all in the home? And if so are you home at the time or are you out? If it is only when you are home then I would look down the path of Poltergeist activity. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jersey_Firefighter (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
Sounds to me like you are experiencing poltegeist activity. The only problem with that, is that with a poltergeist, you normally don't have full bodied apparitions. A more likely explanation is that something is attached to the house or the land. The sadness, anger and whatever other feelings from the divorce, paired with the renovations, could have stirred up what was already there. It doesn't seem like you are in any danger, as you have not been harmed nor has anyone else. Do some research and find out if anything happened in the house before you moved in. If not, then you will need to look at the history of the land. Once you find the culprit, use a cleansing ceremony. Good luck and God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: