You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow Darting Through Foyer At 235 In The Afternoon

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Darting Through Foyer At 235 In The Afternoon

 

Moundsville WV, back in the first week of December 2021, I stopped at my ex-wife, Lefty's house before heading home to Pennsylvania. She answered the door then turned and went 3 or 4 steps up and sat down on the stairs leading upstairs.

Entering the house, stairs on right, a little dining like room to the immediate left with a small kind of hallway leading to the kitchen in the back with a tv room in between. In the tv room in said hallway is a door that leads to the basement, this hall way runs through the middle of the house. My back was to the front door talking with her for roughly 5 minutes, when a shadow came from the tv/kitchen area swung a left and shot upstairs avoiding hitting her on the steps.

Now her and I have a 36 year friendship, we are divorced yes but have 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren together. We have had a handful of experiences in different homes we lived in, but this one was way different. I stepped back after the shadow darted upstairs and asked her, did you not just see that, she said what the shadow? I said yes the shadow. She then says good, I'm not losing my mind, someone else has seen it too.

As I'm asking her how long has this activity been going on, off to my left in the front room, in the corner diagonal from the front inside corner nearest me, a shadow has started to form in the corner. I step forward towards the kitchen in the hallway spin around with my back now towards the kitchen and the little room now on my right. Using the front window reflection I tried to see this mass that was growing in the corner. Not realizing at the time the reason I couldn't see anything was that the thing in the corner was taking the light out of the room. I leaned forward looking to the right and could not see the white walls in the corner behind this mass, it was extremely dark and made me very uncomfortable.

Not many a thing scares, intimidates or makes me uncomfortable in this life, this thing did all 3 fast. I asked her does she feel the cold coming from that room she just kind of said yeah it's always cold and walks upstairs for a minute leaving me in the foyer. I step forward towards the front door turn and put my back against the door looking into the room. Still dark but getting lighter by the second.

I asked the wtf are you and why are you here into the room and got a bone chilling cold draft hit me in the face then listened to the stairs as if something was walking up them. She comes down a minute or two later and heads into the kitchen,. We are having some coffee and you can hear something moving upstairs. I asked again how long has this been going on at this level, this is intense. She says a couple years now.

I have been gone working in Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, east Texas and now I'm back up around our daughters, they being WV me in Pennsylvania. I was shocked, I said a couple of years, she said yeah but it has picked up over the last 6 or so months.

I have been back to that house probably 15 times since then and have not felt anything like that day,. Side note, she is getting divorced and has been moving back into her house in Glendale, a little town next to Moundsville.

Whatever that thing was or is has attached itself or part of itself to me, or at least that's what I think has happened, abnormal things have been going on with me and around me. Coworkers watch and can't explain what's going on. They watch me struggle with something and not understand why it gave me such a fight, things moved right after I set it down, been different for sure. So um yeah that's one of my more recent encounters.

At least with a solid black mass, it was kind of creepy how easy going my ex was about it, glad someone else had seen it but not really interested as to why it was happening. Ok if you got this far I thank you very much and have great week. I'll share more stories, they are older but good too with multiple witnesses in the house with us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RobertRII, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PattyB (1 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-06-21)
This, is a great True Paranormal experience. Thank you for sharing it. đź‘»p
MrsRamsay (guest)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-18)
Robert, thanks for the super credible story, I like your style. Before reading the comments (a little late, been busy) my first observation was the casual reaction of your ex wife. My theory is that many people do see or hear or sense things, but whatever or however this works is that most live people have a "fuzziness" about them and whatever they saw just bounces off a little bit. Of course, the majority of people barely let the realities of OUR world sink in, so it makes sense that other worlds (or dimensions or whatever you want to call them) barely make a dent, even when people are witnessing things outright. Some of us are more sensitive. I feel the same way about certain places like battlefields and cemeteries. I was at daughter's soccer game last Monday and watched mists and could see figures at the far end of the field (which is just 200 yards from both a cemetery and a civil war killing field). Took some photos and analyzed later and sure enough, soldier figures. I want to post them and do a story but the last two I sent in didn't get posted (not sure why, I even sent photos). Cantunseeit is the real deal too, I think... And I agree that sometimes it's better to pretend you don't see.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (59 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-13)
RobertRII To watch a room going dark thrilling and scarey is this thing going to hurt me all at the same time. This is a great site to unload spirit crossings that most people will never experience or believe really happened. Looking forward for more of your encounters.
RobertRII (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-13)
CantunSEEit74, my angles watching over me, there are 3.are constant busy. I feel the anguish when I start ignoring the prods, they have been rather testy with me. And yes I 100% respect the unknown, other dimensions and the things that navigate through and between them. Itll bbe another week maybe more by the time I'm actually completely free of it. It enjoys confusion and feeds off of anger so keeping busy and staying calm has been my focus.
RobertRII (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-13)
Rajine, I have a couple of friends that are helping e albeit distance but its helping and working. This is the first time that the shadow interaction with me actually caught my attention since childhood. I have always caught movement out off to the sides of me and such. Whatever it is my ex-wife believes its transferred houses with her. She has someone working with her to rid herself of it. The shadow people can sometimes startle you, especially like if you are ina rush and round a corner only to walk through one. That's always a little unsettling. The apt I live in, moved in here last august, there's a lady that walks from the front door down the hall into the kitchen and stops. My boss lives downstairs so I asked him does he hear the footsteps he said no. About a wk later his mom came to visit him, I was 90 miles away in wv at the time his mother said it sounded like a herd of elephants going through this apt. The activity sure has picked up around wherenim at, not sure why but yes it has
RobertRII (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-13)
cantunSEEit74, no the only real movement I watchd was its size, in a matter of ten minutes it grew to near half the room went back away just as fast. There are a few spots in the basement that makes me uneasy, you know something is there, you don't know the exact spot but its there, its wierd. I can't even begin to put a number on the encounters I have had so far in my life. Its hard for me to go into a cemetary or graveyard, the further into one I go the more intense the humming gets, but its more like my ear drums vibrating really hyper fast.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (59 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-11)
Hi RobertRII

I must ask was the Black Mass moving within itself like a slow moving Undulating steam cloud, or solid Shade. I have seen 3 broiling Black masses on 3 separate occasions at the or coming from the same wall. I never felt anything from these visitors and one at the end of my shoulder as I was sitting on the toilet. I did not speak to them and if I did I would never challenge or curse at them. Be careful and Respect the Unknown. I hope you and your EX Thank your Guardian Angel and your Spirit guide everyday for Helping you get to this point of this Amazing life. Thanks for sharing and Good Luck out there.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-11)
P.S I did enjoy reading your experience and I'm looking forward to reading more about your others as well.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-11)
Hi and welcome RobertRII

I've also experienced plenty of shadow people while living with an uncle, but after moving out I haven't experienced that, I've posted about it on this site and while ago, I've always believed that shadow people were just ghosts that can't or won't cross over, if you feel that whatever it was that you experienced is somehow attached to you I think you should maybe get some help or clarification on what exactly is happening.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: