You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Still Looking Out For The Family

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Still Looking Out For The Family

 

This happened in a town called Bloemfontein when I was 17years old. Now since I was little I saw a few things before, but this one is the most interesting one.

It was on a Friday night just before 12. My friend, boyfriend and I were watching WWF wrestling (was a big fan at that stage). After a while of watching I fell asleep on my boyfriend's lap. I woke up to my friends grandfather calling out to him saying "Leon remember to check if the front and back doors is locked". He then turned to my friend's mom who was busy in the kitchen doing the dishes telling her the same thing. I looked at my friend and saw that he was not even looking at his grandfather nevertheless listening to what he was saying, I said out loud "yes sir I'll make sure he checks it" (I was raised to look at older people when they speak to you so him not even tuning his head or answering his grandpa was very disrespectful to me.) Both my boyfriend and my friend nearly broke their necks to look at me. They looked at me as if I was crazy. Turning back to my friend I told him that was very disrespectful not to answer your grandpa.

My friend looked at me with disbelief and asked me "what did you just say?" So I told him "your grandpa asked you to check if all the doors are locked and since you ignored him, I told him I'd make sure you would check the doors." He then asked me what this man looked like, by that time with them looking at me like I was crazy and him asking me such a stupid question, I told him he walked with a crutch, had big thick glasses and his hair is combed to the side. I even told him what his pajamas looked like. Leon took a picture off a table and asked me is this the man I saw. Very annoyed at that stage I said yes. He told me that that was his grandfather (thinking to myself duhhh that's what I said) who died 3 months ago in the house. I was speechless and felt like someone knocked the wind out of my body. Standing there speechless he told me that his grandfather always came out of his room and told them every single night to check if all the doors were locked.

He wanted to tell his mom since she believed in stuff like that but I made him not tell her while I was still in the house. The thing that freaked me out the most is that I saw him looking like a real person hearing him perfectly. I think he still looks out for his family even though he is not there anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bienx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I love this story, it's sweet. I would have loved to see the expression on your friends face when you repeated what his grandfather said, that is absolutely priceless! And the way you chided him for not responding when spoken to, but being good enough to do it for him. You just know this will forever be part of their family history, as will you for that matter. It's a very good story and you tell it wonderfully, thanks so much. 😊 ❤
Bienx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Hi Dan

Honestly I saw him looking at my friend it was a few meters away from where we were sitting. If not directly at him in our direction... Could be just me thinking he was looking directly at him since I thought he was "real" and with that thick glasses and him squinting it really looked like he was looking at my friend. Tks for reading!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
This is a good example of a residual haunting, although did he acknowledge you at all? I can understand your reaction after having witnessing and hearing your friends explanation, it would have been rather overwhelming. Sounds like your friend and his mum would have some good stories to tell.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
wow, that's amazing!...that is a good story still kindof freaky but yet kindof not because who it could have been and what he was saying I bet your friend was shocked, I always like hearing stories that has to do with seeing someone you can identify from pictures that's gone. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: