You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Heard My Grandpa Again!

Real Ghost Stories

Heard My Grandpa Again!

 

I've been a huge fan of YGS over these years and decided to share my experiences one by one.

I have had many experiences since I get visions, I can see and feel stuff. So this might be worth noting down right now.

So this story isn't particularly a haunting one, but definitely gave me the chills when it happened.

Back in 2015, my mom and my Naani (her mom) were deciding to go on a pilgrimage (a religious trip). Back at my nani's home (Nashik) consisted of her old husband (my nana), her son and his family. But there was one issue. My nana was completely dependent on nani for everything which really made my nani worried since she really was looking forward to the trip as she was longing to meet the Lord and seek his blessings.

When this news reached me (Mumbai) I got extremely upset and for the sheer love for my grandfather, me and my father decided to go to Nashik and get him here as I would have taken full care of him.

My nana was extremely happy with this. We got him here and I did everything I should and could. Took care of every little need of him just the way every granddaughter should.

We had an amazing time and he always used to call me 'Maai'. This has a reference later on, so please remember this point.

2 weeks later my nani and mom returned. Nani called us and said to get nana back home. We went to drop off nana and the best memory of my life would be when my nana cried in front of everyone and told them about how good of a granddaughter was I for the past few weeks and how his blessings will always be showered of me.

Indeed a great moment for every granddaughter.

We came back to Mumbai and the worst thing happened. We got the news of my Nana passing away. Before those two weeks, I had a general kind of bonding with him, like the basic grandfather-granddaughter bond, but those two weeks really meant a lot to the both of us and that's why his death news hit me a lot harder than I had expected.

We went to Nashik and the whole Rituals were done in a day. Since we're Hindus, we have 13 days consisting of various rituals after which the departed soul is known to finally leave the clutches and bondages with its members. It is also known that for those 13 days, the soul resides in the house with the members and stays with them. After the final puja (austerity), it then proceeds for its further journey.

Me, my brother and my father came back to Mumbai the same day and my mom decided to stay in Nashik for the remaining 12 days.

Now this is the day when it happened, the 2nd day.

I was alone at home. My brother and father had gone for their respective work and I being a student, was at home studying.

I suddenly dozed off. After like 30 minutes, I suddenly woke up to the smell of burning grains. Now this is done when Hindus carry the dead body to the crematorium and there is always someone ahead of the body carrying a pot with burning grains in it. This smell is very distinguishable and CANNOT be mistaken for any other smell. I suddenly woke up because this smell freaked me out because there isn't any reason why this smell would exist in my house.

I looked here and there and tried to sleep again as I couldn't do anything about it anyway. Right about 30 seconds after that, I clearly heard 'Maai' in my right ear which was so clear that I sat up straight. And the most surprising thing was that it was the same way my nana used to call me Maai.

The moment I heard his voice so distinctively, I asked "Nana?" And I felt a breeze. The moment I felt it, I bursted into tears and cried for like 15 minutes because I really missed him and hearing his voice out of nowhere just couldn't control my tears.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vrinda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vrinda (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-09)
Hey BaiAnina,

Thank you for such a warm comment. I'm so glad that it was relatable to you too. The bonding with grandparents is irreplaceable!

You too take care ❤️
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-09)
Hi Vrinda. My condolences to your family for your loss ❤

I do believe your grandpa wanted to let you know that he was very glad for the time you've bonded and that he'll watch over you. It was such a sweet way to say good bye.

I too lost my grandfather years back, after I spent months taking care of him and he also visited to say good bye, so your story really touched me.

Thank you for sharing, and take care ❤
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-07)
You mentioned that you get visions, could you tell me more about that.
Vrinda (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-05-07)
Hello Rajine,

Yes I believe the same that he did come to meet me one last time! 😁😭
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-07)
Hi Vrinda and welcome

I believe that your Nana did come to see you one last time
Vrinda (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-05-07)
Hello Lady Glow,

Thank you so much for this sweet comment. Indeed we were lucky to have gotten that time together!

Stay tuned for another haunting story from me!

Take care.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-07)
Welcome to YGS.

Vrinda.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I think that your Nana came to say goodbye. You both were lucky to spend some time together before his passing, those memories will be cherished by both of you regardless of the place you are at.

Thanks for sharing this lovely story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: