You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Swift Blur

Real Ghost Stories

Swift Blur

 

This story is not very extravagant in the least. However, it is genuine and I just wanted to share it, in case any like-minded individuals experienced any similar things and wanted to share their thoughts, opinions, etc.

Alright, well I was visiting a friend of mine and after some time, we were having dinner. Her dining room is beautiful; she has a glass table, and a lot of room.

Now, it was me, her (Sandra) her husband, her father and my best friend. We were all sitting around the glass table and conversing after the meal, when suddenly from the peripheral view of my eye, I saw something black glide STRAIGHT underneath the glass table!

It was a blur, but it was definitely black and disappeared at a speed as it swooped through the table (underneath.)

Now, it's probably useful to note that I used to wear A LOT of black during my teenage years (back when this had occurred) so I had imagined I must've dropped the sleeve of my jacket or something (I used to always place my trench coats over the chairs, etc)

So, as everyone begins chatting away engaged in conversation, I half-heartedly begin to listen to the discussion as I look for what it was that I possibly could've dropped. I searched left, right, and suddenly realized that the conversation had stopped. I looked up to meet Sandra's eyes and she grinned knowingly as if she knew what I was looking for.

"You saw it too, didn't you?"

"Hmm?" I looked up at her with a clueless expression.

"You saw that thing swoop from underneath the table."

And I freak out "You saw that?! I thought I was losing my mind!"

And the conversation just broke into the new discussion about how the thing moved, how clear and vivid it was, and she even laughed as she recalled me looking for my black sleeves clueless.

Now, it brings me to wonder. Is there anything that this might be? Have any of you experienced something similar? If so, what did you find out about it? Any folklore behind it? Myth/stories, etc.

Any information (Except dogma and preaching, please) would be great!

Other hauntings by Silent_Observer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Silent_Observer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Thanks for the input, everyone. I agree with you, CosmoGal, Santeria has always had that "spine-tingling" sense of power to it.

As I read your comment, I couldn't help but relive those smugly surreptitious grins of hers. Always as if she knew something, so maybe Rashidah is onto something.

Moongrim, thanks for your input. I'll look into the shadow-people and see if there are any interesting connections.

I wish I would've been more receptive to the feeling it might've stirred (whether positive or negative) but I was too busy trying to figure it out scientifically that I was closed off. Thanks for the thought, Lankyloo98.
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
We experienced something similar in our old home. This was also a large black blur that would whiz from room to room upstairs. Didnt get a nice feeling from it all all. We even had someone come to the house to try and identify what it was, but was told it was an dark energy and they were unable to tell who it was.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Or perhaps a closer than normal encounter with a shadow person. Http://www.shadowpeople.org/
Rashidah (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
The religion of Santeria is heavily into spirit communication.

There might of been some rituals done in the home that may have invited this spirit that you saw.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I don't know much about Santeria, but I do know that it is very powerful and the people who do this come in contact with all sorts of beings. A girl I work with told me her Aunt did Santeria and something happened to her daughter. My friend's cousin took on a totally different personality, became very violent at times, and withdrawn from everyone. She thinks that her cousin could have been possessed. So because of this I think that your friend could have invited something into her home.

Thanks for the post. 😊
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Hey Darkness, DCinAZ

I would only visit from time to time so I can't really speak for her house.

However, they were very heavily into Santeria, so I've always suspected it might be connected to that. It always seemed like a very strong faith.

DCinAZ, you could be right. Whatever it was, it did seem to have a life of it's own.

Pardon the vague-tale. I just like to share the experiences I've actually had witnesses for. Thanks for trying, anyway.:)
DCinAZ (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Could also have been the spirit of a pet long passed. Maybe from the previous tenants even. Just thinking out loud...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Has there been any other occurences in this home at all? Kind of hard to explain without some more details? Could have been a wandering spirit just passing through if this was just a single event.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: