You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Blur

Real Ghost Stories

White Blur

 

A few years ago a feral cat gave birth to a kitten behind our garage. One night, soon after, the kitten was meowing incessantly. My brother and I figured the mom had abandoned it, so we decided to rescue the kitten. It was around 8 or 9pm... I'm not sure. But it was already dark outside. At the time, I was 20 y.o. and my brother was still in high school, though he was already about 6'2" and about 200 lbs. That particular day he wore a white top, white jeans, and white sneakers.

There were no lights in or around the garage so we were just staring into slight darkness calling the kitten. At one point my brother stepped inside the house. A few minutes later, I spotted the kitten. I didn't want to lose sight of it so I kept my eyes on him/her. I yelled out for my brother but got no response. I yelled out his name a few more times and nothing. I finally looked over to where I saw his big figure (his all-white-clad figure) but he hurriedly walked around the side of the garage; fast enough that I only saw the big white blur of his outfit. I didn't know where he was going, so I went after him. The lights of the house lit up the yard just enough to see a bit.

I looked around the side of the garage, and again his white blur quickly went *behind* the garage where it was pitch black. Absolutely no light. I went after him but I didn't see him in the darkness. So I yelled out his name. From INSIDE the HOUSE, my brother yelled "what do you want?!"

The whole time he was inside the house! That was too much! I just ran into the house way too freaked to come out again. I still don't know what it was I saw.

I have other stories about that house... Though none nearly as freaky as this one.

Other hauntings by sherrera1980

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherrera1980, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
You know, then I would suggest researching the LAND that the house is on, IF you want to see if there was anything "interesting" that occurred there. If there were happenings outside, and within the home, there MAY be a connection to the land. It is really hard to say.
This story DOES sound like a Doppelganger, but your OTHER experiences may prove otherwise 😊.

Thanks for being patient about the submission page. Even editors need a break at times. Do try again on Monday.
Thanks again.
sherrera1980 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
I tried to do another post but it says they're not accepting anything until Monday. So I'll wait:)
Other very minor things did occurr inside the house... Though one other "event" occurred while I was inside, but I saw & heard something outside the kitchen window. It wasn't as "interesting" as this white blur, but it did scare me a bit.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Oddities DO NOT make a true ghost story. NORMALITY does.

At least for me, that is. TO ME, it would seem that those that seem far fetched, and WAY out there, USUALLY are. In that YOUR story was "simple" and "pure" (meaning you did not go all nuts gathering all kinds of "instruments" to deal with this, a swirling mass of darkness did not rise up to greet you, the KITTEN did not *poof* into a creature of non comparable dimensions), it makes it more believable for me.
The other instances that you felt there may have been something odd about that place, were those times OUTSIDE the home?
Thank you.
sherrera1980 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Thank you, White Buffalo:) Well what Q's do you have about the house? I'd be glad to answer them. This only happened 8 years ago and my parents still live at that house. I wasn't planning on posting the other freaky things from that house cause they weren't as odd but I will now; everyone seems to be interesed:) Thank you everybody!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Welcome, sherrera1980.
So...
Did you rescue the kitten?
Oh! Sorry, never mind, you already answered that.
Hmmm. I wonder if there was a "calling out" for a reason? Like DeviousAngel pointed out, PERHAPS the cat called you out so that you COULD see the double of your brother.
LOTS of questions to this instance, and no way to really get the answers. Too much time has passed.
Very interesting. I think I am going to look forward to more posts from you.
Thank you.
Axl (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
it possibly was your brothers dopple ganger like the others have said. Every one on planet earth have a dopple ganger, but like twins and what no they have two becasue there are two of them. Dopplegangers are usally harmless but they love playing pranks on people. ^^ glad to help.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Wow this was a creepy event. I would love to hear more about this place. Sure sounds like a creepy house. So what ever happened to the Kitten? Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Have'nt read a doppleganger story in a long while but, as I recall the phenomena, this episode seems to be exactly that--a doppleganger charade. 😲
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Sounds like someone was watching! I'd really like to hear the stories concerning this house.

Looking forward.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Hm, that sounds a LOT like a doppleganger to me. That would explain the meowing too. Perhaps the spirit mimicked the noise of the cat meowing to draw you outside, and then imitated your brother to freak you out! I'm glad you were able to rescue the other kitty.:)

Warmest blessings,

DA
sherrera1980 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
No, we did not rescue the kitten because we never heard him/her meow again (funny, no?). The next year I did rescue a 1-day old black kitty, so I made up for it =)
So doppleganger...? I'm going to look into it. Thanks!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Wow! Thank you for sharing your story. That would definitely startle me! Perhaps what you saw was a doppleganger, or an "imitation" ghost that mimics other people to confuse the living. Were you able to resuce that kitten?

Blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: