You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: An Islamic Perspective on Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

An Islamic Perspective on Ghosts

 

This is my first post on this web site. I have had many paranormal experiences all throughout my life. Below there is quite a read, but I think it is worth everyone's time to read.

I am not an expert but can give some good advice on how to deal with what the site calls ghosts. I know exactly what ghosts are, why they are around, and how you can make them leave your home- most of the time. Of course this is based off my own personal beliefs, so please don't take any offense to it. Also, I am sure there are other entities out there that in the unseen world that I have no knowledge about. So I am not saying what I believe is the only explanation for certain experiences out there either.

Before I can share any of my many "ghost stories" let me briefly summarize what ghosts are- most of the time. However, to help me describe what I believe ghosts are, I will briefly talk about many of my different encounters I have had with them.

They are not dead humans and they are not angels (although angels or shadows or light off angels can also appear). They are another entity called jinns (see Jinn in the web site's glossary). Like humans they have free will, families, follow different religions, speak different languages, feel fear, and are born and die on Earth. Some different things about them and humans are they live longer (thousands of years), can change shape into animal (animals with all black fur or feathers especially) or human forms, they are normally not visible to the human eye (obviously), and they are made of a smokeless fire (where humans are made of dirt/the earth). Not all jinn are bad, but the ones that are, are usually devils (follow Satan and want to mislead and hate humans).

There are three different kinds of Jinn: ones that move as fast as humans, ones that can move VERY fast (like from California to New York in a few seconds), and ones that can fly and have wings.

The main thing the devil jinn do is try to mislead humans by whispering for humans to do bad deeds. This whisper is in your mind and not something you hear in your ear, although they can do that too.

The other main thing they do is give people bad dreams; this is like a sport for them. In fact, in English this is where the term nightmare comes from. A "mare" is an entity that comes and gives you bad dreams at night. In fact, this is when they are seen by people the most, including myself, right as they are about to fall asleep or when they wake up from the middle of a dream. The site talks about sleep paralysis, but this is due to jinn especially when you see them over you in this paralyzed state! This is also why they are seen mostly at night time in people's houses and why people wake up to see them right on top of them. They are known to come out at night more also.

They live in many places: graveyards, abandoned homes and buildings, dirty places like bathrooms, and even your every day building or home (house haunting). They mostly live in forests and other quiet and remote areas like mountains where humans aren't nearby.

They can possess (although very rarely), harass or harm people for various reasons, i.e. They fall in love with the person, the person harms them or their family member in some way (sometimes even by accident by stepping on their child for example), the person is worshipping or invoking them, another person invokes the jinn to harm them (black magic), the person doing black magic is harassed by the jinn (s) he is working with.

They actually out number humans in number on Earth since each person has one jinn that follows him throughout his life (to whisper him to do bad deeds). Keep in mind though, so you don't just blame all your bad doings on jinn, a human also has a nefs (desires) which are actually much stronger and a harder to control than jinn's whispers. Once a person dies his or her jinn can then go free- they can mimic their person after death and fool their relatives that the person is a ghost now or somehow still connected to the family, but that person is in fact dead until the Day of Judgment. The jinn outnumber us; however, they don't have the intelligence, strength, unity, and/or permission from God to control the Earth. In fact, any person with the true faith can overpower even the strongest Jinn in a physical fight. I have done this once and I almost killed the jinn (I believe) by chocking it to death. I will explain this story in great detail at a later time.

Since they can change there form there are many different witness accounts of different creatures or beings that people see. I believe most of the time when people see them they are human shaped black figures, but white is also reported a lot even though I have not seen this. Often too they will be seen looking to have dog like features or even be thought to be a dog. I have only seen the black kind (I believe they look grayer in the daytime as I have seen that too) and I always have seen them only in the humanoid shape. I have reason to believe also one changed from a crow into the humanoid shape, but I only heard the crow and did not see it morph. That is another thing, animals are able to see them and so are babies and young children as they are pure in their nature. When you are pure the veils over our eyes on such things are lifted. So the crow I heard may have only seen the jinn and was not the actual jinn.

All the jinn I have seen have always had a long face with a pointy head which is in normal proportion with their shoulders. I believe they have short stubby legs since I have never seen anything below their longer torsos. I could not make any facial features out on them other than cheek bones, noses, and eye bones. I have not seen any eyes or a mouth; it is usually just a cloud of black or gray. Once I saw one that had quite long arms and was able to sit on a wall upside down and look down on me, it was pushing on my chest very hard. They also are not transparent at all, at least the ones I have seen.

One of the most interesting ones I saw came to me in broad daylight when I was wide awake around 7:30 AM (I can explain the whole story in detail at another time again). I clearly saw his pointy head and shoulder outline as he sat right on top of me. He was a gray mass (again I think they look more gray than black in the daytime) but the edges of his outline had some very distinct features. It had a thin, about 1 cm thick, rainbow border all the way around it. The rainbow was connected to the body; it was not like an aura floating around it. I didn't have time to count the colors but it looked just like a rainbow with several distinct colors on top of each other; I remember red and blue specifically but there were more colors in there. What made it look even more awesome was that just beyond the rainbow edge the air was aliasing like it does in a mirage. Come to think of it, its edge looked and acted similar to the tip of a flame with the different layers of colors in a flame and with a heat mirage on top. Remember they are made out of a smokeless fire.

Most of this knowledge I have comes from authentic Islamic sources. Also, a lot as explained above come from my own personal experience with jinn. Thirdly, I based some of what I said above from what I have heard from other people I deeply trust who are also practicing and sincere Muslims.

Here are some things you should do to prevent Jinn from bothering you. Keep your house clean. Don't allow dogs in the house (they are dirty and often leave a bad smell and feces all over). Also, angels do not go in houses with dogs in them or statues. Dogs can see the jinn but I think the bad outweighs the good in this case. If you really love your dog and want him in the house, only keep it in certain rooms and keep it out of your bedroom for sure. Close and lock your door in your bedroom before you go to bed. Also keep the doors of the house locked. I have been experimenting with closing my door (not usually locking it) before I go to bed now and since then I have not had the jinns come to me at night. I left my door open the other night and my wife said all night something was bothering her (giving her many bad dreams). I do a special prayer which is to recite Ayat Al Qursi which is chapter 2 verse 255 in the Quran before I go to bed. I found that if I do this I am safe until about 7:30 AM which is about the time the prayer wears off. Also, when you recite Ayal Al Qursi any jinn in your house will leave the house for the entire day. Before you go to bed you can also recite the last 2 verses of Chapter 2 of the Quran. Also, I recite them in Arabic and try to think of the meaning in English as I am reciting them in my head.

If you are not a Muslim then you can still try these things. At the least you should just supplicate to God asking God to protect you. When I say God I mean God alone, not the Prophet Jesus as Christians refer to Jesus as God which Muslims believe is not correct.

Other things you can do is say "Bismillah" which means "in the name of God" before you do certain actions. For example, entering a bathroom (where they often live will hide you from them), eating (prevents them from benefiting from the food you eat), and entering your house (does not allow them to enter your home behind you). Also, the devils run away when you remember God. So try to be very God conscious and remember God often. Not just think about or say the words but actually in your heart believe in God and think of the meaning of what you are saying or thinking. When confronted by a jinn one time, I had repeated a prayer seeking refuge in God from the devil three times and the jinn was still there. It was not until I actually thought of the meaning of the Arabic words I was saying that the jinn ran away (vanished before my eyes). So sincerity and true faith and belief in God are required.

Also, jinn will posses a person when they are in some extreme state. It can be really happy, really sad, or really tired for example. Try to keep a balance in your life and always have a level head. If you are possessed try to quit any sins you are doing and better your life until you are in a more pure state where the jinn loses its power over you.

These are but a few things you can do. I am not qualified at all to advise people on it but these are all pretty much common Islamic knowledge on dealing with jinn.

If I may add, don't be afraid of them. They probably fear you a lot more than you fear them. I don't advise you directly confront them or try to talk to them however at anytime unless they are directly confronting you. This can cause more problems. But do be stern and stand your ground if they are aggressive. Run after them and raise your voice if you see them. Don't go hiding under your covers. If you see them and you are paralyzed, just don't freak out. It is very normal they are just a part of life really.

If you are having a lot of problems with them I suggest you go to a nearby Sunni Mosque and talk with the Imam there. There will be one or two people in each Muslim community that have a lot of experience with dealing with jinn. The Imam can also advise you on other things you can do.

After writing this, I can see how many people may think I am crazy or how some of this sounds so backwards or old world. I am a very modern person, a computer scientist of all modern things, with a very level head and life. I never lie and have better things to do with my time that to write an essay about ghosts. I too may have thought some of the things in the post are a lie if I read it on line, but seeing is believing. And with all the countless accounts I have heard from my friends and reading stories on websites like these, makes it obviously clear that jinn are a reality. There are a lot of ghost shows on TV lately; I have seen them capture jinn on camera about 4 times so far. They are always in the form I describe or a very similar form to it.

The orbs, which are captured more often, are interesting; I have never read anything about those from an Islamic perspective. I do believe that they are a form of jinn though. I have even captured one myself in the Winchester Mystery house that has a clearly distinct face in the orb, face, nose, mouth, eyes! I will have to share these stories and picture with you another time as well... Sorry for all the ghost story teasers.:) I'd love to share all my stories with you guys in great detail though. After this post I will go into each one, one post at a time.

Please feel free to ask me questions about jinn here and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

Please do not try to turn this into an Islam or Muslim bash fast, these people only mock themselves but perceive it not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hagi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-29)
Sister Nazmin, I read your comment and your experience with mystery in your home. I agree with azhar on most of his points. I recommend you to continue prayers. Namaz, Qur'an and your faith on Allah almighty can make you get rid of whatever troubles you have. Be patient & please do not make an issue of this mystery. Atleast until this things are stopped. May Allah help you & your family. And greetings to all the readers.
nazmin (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Hi hagi, I read the story. I am glad that I read it. I have a questions. Currently I am experiencing some problem in my house, like somebody or something is damaging my satff, like when me and my husband both go outside the, after we come back we find our staff is damaged, like our clothes rare reap off, or bed is wet, or fire in rags, or our some electronics are burned. I have 6members in home, nothing happens to any one else or anyone's else's staff. I have dought on one family member, and that's why I can't say a thing and my other family member is saying that it's maybe done by ghost, I don't trust is done by ghost. So my question is, is it possible ghost is doing all this, if so what should I do? Please I need your opinion on this. Thank you
emodkhn (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
Hi Hagi,

Just seen your story, it sound exaclty as mine!

What is your email address?

Regards
azhar (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
I am a Muslim myself, Alhamdulillah! (God be praised), and as per Islamic beliefs, the souls of the dead cannot cross the border back to this world.

But then there were countless experiences of people from all cultures with 'ghosts' or non-human entities, and since I had such experiences myself, I can not and do not want to deny them. But yet, I cannot get myself to belief in 'ghosts' in the typical sense.

I thought very long about this topic and came quite to the same conclusion, that whatever 'ghosts' are being seen, are actually Jinn (good or evil).

I also came to think that they play (sorry, I have no better word) with us in the light of the mythology, esoterical trends of our culture.

For example: Visions of a previous life made apparent through hypnosis or meditation (people who believe in reincarnation) will have visions of this type. And these are caused by Jinns.

Churails, dians, mohinis (indian versions of evil female demons) are likely to appear in places of the world where people believe in such creatures, again, these apparitions are caused by Jinns...

I have come across a quite good read: a booklet by Imam Ibn Taymiyah on the topic of Jinn. It has been translated and annotated by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips. Unfortunately I do not remember the English name exactly... But it was a real eye-opener.

As for the Jinn (in whatever form they appear), I personally think it is best not to mind them too much. If they live peacefully with us, then why should we bother to disturb them, or meddle in their affairs. They have got their right to live just as we have. But they have no right to trouble us, and if they do, get rid of them. They are weaker than us (even if they scare the living daylights out of us at times), they have only as much power over us as we choose to give them. The best weapon to get rid of trouble makers is faith in the SUPREME ONE AND ONLY DIVINE BEING.

Other than that, stay clean (physically, mentally, spiritually)
Keep your surroundings neat, clean and fragrant.
Do good, think good. Nothing and no one can harm you, if God wills
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
Well for me I see it diffrent first am arab am from lebanon and here a lot of muslims and they all share they stories about jinne and 99.99% of muslims here have an experience with jiins and for us christians none have experienced I think because we are protected jesus defeated the world in his pure blood and if we are going to be attacked from ghost that means the ghost came from hell it self not jine jine mean nothing to us because we get the holy water when we born and your right 100% about jines a lot of muslims says same things about them and ty for sharing
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
Does anyone know if what I experienced was a djinn... I met a guy and he said he could speak to spirits (by them whispering in his ear and telling him things) and he could heal people and he said something over me in arabic that night I had the most scariest dream about rough ocean trying to pull me off a cliff but I never let go. I woke up sweating and sooo boiling hot I had to turn on the aircon, and it wasn't even hot at all. Do Djinns make you feel like your burning?
Because the guy told me I had a dream like that cause it was testing me and I was hott because it touched me while I was sleeping, ever since then I wake up at 3am every night thinking someone is watching me
MonaXee (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
Thanks.Your article is absolutely amazing. Though I am a Muslim, I knew quite less about them, as they were never discussed much in my society. However I tried to research about them and to which your article proved very helpful. I have never ever seen them, but have heard so many stories about them, so your description was great. I want to know more about your experiences. One more thing, I have heard that they normally eat bones or feces or other such things. Is that right?
sheum (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
hi,hagi.i am a muslim. You have make a mistake. You told before going bathroom have to say bismillah. We have a pray for bathroom. Before going bathroom you have to say allahumma inni auzubika minal khubusi oal khobaise. You have choose a good name hagi.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Thanks once again Hagi! That makes more sense in my mind now.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Jinn would use these objects much like we do. They may use the fork to eat with, clothes to mimic a human being or to wear around for a while. As far as clothes goes they don't have hard physical bodies like us, i.e. They can morph and move through walls, so wearing clothes like a sweater is not something they would normally do since it would fall through them unless they change their form to do otherwise. They see any objects that are open and don't have the blessing (Bismillah said) on them like a kind of war booty, free for their taking. They mainly take or move objects just to mess with us and laugh at us when we can't find them and are therefore suffering from much mental anguish (I know I put it right here, where is it?!). This sort of thing is rare, but it does happen.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
Oh, that brings another question to mind... Any insight as to why the objects or clothing would disappear, or why the jinn would take them?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
Thanks for the information. I would have never thought about clothing. That has been enlightening, thanks again for answering my question.:)
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
scrapmetalkitten,

You're welcome. Jinn can have many activities around objects. An example of this are jinn using statues to trick people into idol worship. These statues are surrounded by jinn that fool people to think this piece of stone has some sort of power. This can be with any object, it is not so much that the jinn possess it but are around it.

Another example is jinn can be attracted or use a person's clothes. A persons dress or shirt will go missing or show up again one day with some stains on it. You can prevent that by saying "Bismillah" before putting your clothes away. Other objects can go missing or be moved as well, such as forks, plates and other household items, basically anything laying around. To prevent this you can just put these objects away or cover them.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
I wanted to say thank you for sharing some Muslim beliefs about the jinn. I have read many posts and comments on here about people referring to jinn, and this really helped clarify exactly what a jinn was/is. I was curious about something. Can jinn haunt an object? Well there are many stories about haunted or spirit possessed objects. What is your take on that?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
hagi: 😆 I didn't realize the difference in the spelling! 😆...Blonde moment, sorry!...

So we'll know you've made the pilgrimage when you change your screen name to "Haji Hagi"! 😆...Cool...
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Trix,
The culture you have in your country sounds really nice. It doesn't take much to be understanding to others. Most people I find are this way no matter where I go. After all, everyone is responsible for their own deeds. There are many stereotypes on Muslims; one being that they and their countries are hostile. The truth is Muslims are very nice and friendly, more than most just like you mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

Zzsgranny,
How very perceptive of you. I was actually given the nickname Hagi in 1994 after the professional soccer player Gheorghe Hagi of Romania though. I look and played very much like him and we are both left footed too. Many of my friends and family still call me this from time to time. Of course my Muslim friends get a kick out of it being the same name as a Haji too.

I am not a Haji but hope to be one within the next few years. Then I will be Haji Hagi (Both pronounced the same).:)

Everyone,
On a side note, this morning when I woke up this morning my wife told me that a jinn visited her this morning and it looked just like me. It said "You're so beautiful" and tried to kiss her. She almost kissed it but then she realized I was sleeping next to her and that this was a jinn. She said Ayat Al Qursi and it left. My wife is actually a Muslim Scholar. I think they may be stepping up their visits to me because of me sharing about them on this site. I feel the creeps a lot more than often lately, you know when you think someone else is there and are all paranoid. It's no big deal though, don't worry about me. I look forward to seeing them again.:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
hagi: This has nothing to do with your account, but I've been wondering if you've made the pilgrimage to Mecca?...I ask because you're so devout in your religion, and as I understand it, only those who've made the pilgrimage can call themselves "Hagi"...If so, I personally would like to hear that account, as it would be a very spiritual journey... 😊
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Hi Hagi, thanks for answering my question, I think it's so grouse this jinn stuff but anyway at least I know what you're talking about now when you mention jinn in your comments.
In my country we have 11 different languages so we don't ever interfere with others religions; we respect each other as human created by God, because what is the point of trying to change some ones religion in the first place. I hate it when people interfere in such way to offense other people by twisting something they have no knowledge of.
Thanks for putting it in such way that you won't call some of us to Islam I much respect you for that. I nursed many of your people and we never talked about religion we only gave God praise when a patient recovers, and I must say you people are very kind and they knew I was Christian and none of us tried to change any ones religion or believes because we respected each other. You won't go with me to a Christian church and I won't go with you to your church, but that doesn't mean we have to offend each other said with all respect. In Gods eyes we are all His children if we walk the road with Him.
Thanks for sharing all this information. Trix
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
hagi: Thank you very much for answering my question it was pretty much running along the same thoughts as what I was thinking. 😊

Dan
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
WReck72,
Your comments in no way offends me, thanks for sharing. I agree with you 100%. You should not follow a faith blindly, but seek the truth. God gave us a mind so we can use it and ask questions. It is not without careful thought and consideration that I am what I am.

I mentioned Buddha in this way as I have seen people bowing and prostrating to his statues and making him offerings, a clear sign of worship. I also see people keep statues of Buddha for good luck and protection, another act of worship. Yes, most Buddhist sects say he is not God and they strive to reach enlightenment; however, they still worship him like he is a deity during these actions.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
hagi Thanks for the post I really enjoyed it I always like jinn info. I myself am christian and I do not believe that jinns deserve as much credit as you give them I believe they are far more common then people realize but I do still think there are many other entities at play as well. Also on a side note Buddhist do not actually pray to Buddha. Buddha is any one who is enlightened and their have been many Buddhas through out history, they are held in very high admiration not actually worshiped. As far as people who take offense to Islamic beliefs you should research them on your own. As I mentioned I am a christian how ever I do not know how anyone claims to have faith in anything if the refuse to even look at other beliefs. To truly have faith in something you must consider everything other wise you are just stubborn not faithful. This is just my opinion I do not mean to offend any one so please take it with a grain of salt.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
yup. They are a different species! I will consider them different from my demons and others ghosts. It is very fascinating to learn about a culture that we share our parallel with. I do think it is exaggerated a bit about their numbers because honestly no one would really know. I think people are too hard on these energy beings. They are not bad in any way they are just doing what they were created to do. We don't get mad at lions for killing to eat. We can't get mad at other beings for what is in their nature. Humans do take things very personally. Thanks for sharing this with us. I am happy to now have a clearer image in my mind of these jinn.

You also share your views about good and bad jinn as I have about my good and bad demons. Not all of them are bad. Most are but not all. 😁
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
SmokeyEyes,
The focus of my post was on the bad jinn. I only mentioned this about the good ones once (I think) when I said "Not all jinn are bad". I should have made this point more clear. It is possible for a jinn to guide people to do good. These jinn are not evil or wrongdoers. It has happened in the past where the jinn converts to the faith of its person and then helps that person to do goodness in their faith. An example of this is with the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). He said that God put favor on his jinn and guided it to Islam and that it only helped him to do good. I am sure jinn of a certain faith will help and protect those people. In fact my wife and I were on vacation a couple weeks ago, we went into a Mission and right away my wife was attacked by an unseen force. She said she felt so heavy as if something was on her back and she had a piercing pain on her back left shoulder. As soon as we left the main hall of the mission her pains and feelings reduced significantly. There were many people still in the mission as it was right after Sunday mass. She wears a Muslim head scarf so the jinn could see right away that we are Muslim.

There are some schools of thought in Islam that believe dogs are pure, even their saliva, and can be kept in the house. I follow the opinion however that they are better kept as guard dogs and outside of the house. There are differences of opinion on unimportant matters like this between schools of thought. Dogs are descendants of wolves, even the hotdog dogs; they have been bread to be that way. Wolves like to smell bad and often role around in dung. If you notice most dogs also do this, like to play and role around in the ground and get all kinds of smells on them. All the dogs I ever played with smelled bad... They smelled like a dog.  If you give them a shower they'll smell good for a few days I guess. I do have a really good sense of smell too, it bothers me a bit more than others. Also, when a dog sits down usually his anus is touching your things in your house. This is how I believe it gets feces all over.

As I mentioned, jinn like dirty places so by remove the dog from the house, most people will surely have a much cleaner house, maybe not you but others may. It also allows for the Angels of Mercy to enter the house and pray for those living there. Once removing the animal, it takes 40 days for Angels to start entering the house though. I have also heard that if an angel sees a devil it will kill it.

Also, I never mentioned this. Every person has a jinn following them but they also have an angel that tells them to do good. This is so the human can be more balanced and that the jinn will not get an upper hand. It is sad that without this angel a devil would play with the human like a human plays with a ball. It could be that people sense this angel. There are other angels all around too, but its not important to our topic.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Selam Aleykum Mabs_Sith_Lord,
We are 100% on the same page. I have actually had all these same thoughts as you and think your points are valid. The second verse of the Quran, "All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds." Here Worlds is plural, this always mad me think of other beings on other planets but it holds true even if there aren't any as well. I also have thought that Bermuda triangle might also be where Iblis's throne is, but there is no way of knowing.

This is all just a matter of opinion as you say, God knows all. May I suggest not to spend too much time on such subjects if you are. This knowledge we will never know. These are interesting and maybe a fun hobby or thing to ask about, but don't get too into it as it has the potential to misguide a person when you start forming beliefs on their own thoughts. Some of these beliefs may contradict Islamic teachings you may not know about. Keep it as purely thoughts.

Also, thanks for answering those questions and clarifying what I was saying to Moongrim and I could not have done a better job myself. Just to be clear, Moongrin and no one else have shown any hate (Someone may have thought that reading your post). I also share in your view on the Abrahamic religions and to make peace not war.

Moongrin,
It may seem that my post turned into a call to Islam since I mentioned how Muslim deal with jinn, it is impossible to talk about the subject and not bring in Islamic teachings or ways of dealing with them. I am not proselytizing, just sharing my beliefs. I do hope that this knowledge will benefit people with similar experiences and those suffering and in fear. I felt it was important to put how Muslims get rid of jinn so any Muslims that find this webpage via "googling" can do this too. Their first questions would be asking for this information, what to do to protect themselves. I also wanted to point out that you don't have to be Muslim to do these prayers or have faith in God to remove jinn, so anyone can feel free to try them. You can deal with jinn just fine if you are not Muslim, they don't behave differently between Muslims and Non Muslims.

There are certain etiquettes you follow when calling people to Islam. I am not following those at all. Some of the things I am saying are far out things, that you don't want to mention when calling people to Islam, most of the faith is fully logical and does not talk much about the spiritual aspects of things. I also rarely quote my sources, which would greatly help validate my points but then it would seem more like I am pushing our books and sciences on people here. Even many Muslims that have little knowledge on the subject, would question a lot of what I am saying. In other words, if I was calling to Islam I would not be doing it like this. This is against the sites rules anyway; you should not push your ideas as truths. Please just take or leave my info, don't make accusations on me.

When I read Christians giving advice I don't feel like they are calling me to Christianity, please also don't feel that my opinions call you to Islam.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Trix,
Jinn have families just like humans. They get pregnant and give birth. When they die they also go through similar things as humans, i.e. Wait for the Day of Judgment and go to Heaven or Hell thereafter God judges them. The way they'll benefit from your food, is by eating it. When you say "Bismillah" they are then not allowed to eat from your food, so the food gets blessed. If you forget to say Bismillah you can say, "Bismillah fiy awwalihi wa akhirihi" (I begin with the name of God at the beginning and at the end). Any food the jinn may have eaten is then thrown up. This weakens the jinn quite a bit, if done regularly.

The times when I have really felt their presence was right before I saw them. I had extreme feelings of dread and absolutely knew something evil was 100% there, sure enough I saw them shortly after. I think I may have gotten more use to them and no longer feel this great dread when I see them or think they are there. Now it is more of an uncomfortable feeling for me and I just feel like I want them to leave me alone and go away quickly so I can get some rest before my work day.
SmokeyEyes (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Hagi, thank you for posting this, and making it clearer certainly to me, what Jinn mean to you.

I have only 1 question about the Jinn who follow people. You say they whisper bad things to the people they follow. Is it possible they can also guide people to do good? From people I've spoken to, and the information I've read, I was led to believe they can do both. In much the same way we who believe in ghosts, believe they are both good and bad.

I'm not sure why you believe all dogs are dirty, smelly, and badly house trained though (I agree some are, I know from experience). However mine certainly isn't. She's very much part of our family.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Moongrim; hi bro, I read your post and thought could elaboraate a bit on your queries; a dog. Doesnt need to be present for a haunting to occur, a demon can occupy any home or location without. A dog ever dtepping foot there. I think what Hagi meant was that with a dog you may be more prone for demonic visitaions. Dogs can see things normal humans cannot, ahd hear things too. Even in this site there are accounts of people saying how their dog or cat reacted to an invisible presence. Also regarding your point that jinns existed before the advent of the islamic faith; that is true. Jinns have been on earth before Adam ever set foot here! Muslims believe that they are another race of beings who are entirely different in make up to that of humans. Also, Moongrim I doubt Hagi wrote his story with the intention of converting anyone to Islam! In fact, in arab countries, arab chridtians refer to spirits as jinn, and call god 'Alllah'! The word Allah. Does not denote a seperate God different to that of chrisrianity and judasim. Remeber, islam, christtianity and judaism are all people of the book, and share the same abrahamic roots... We are more similar then you think! Its only the fundemantalists and zealots in every faith that want to seperate and cause hatred between us. For instance, muslims believe jesus to be the messiah, he performed miracles, turned clay pigeons to life, cured the blind so on, also moses was a great prophet, beloved of god. Bro, we need peace... Not hate dude!
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
While I'll admit, hearing the word Jinn does invoke the images touched upon earlier, your post does help clear a few things that I had not heard about Jinn as a whole. Very informational post.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
hagi: Thanks for explaining your beliefs about the jinn. It certainly answers a lot of questions about your other posts. It was very interesting.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
I've noticed a bit of a problem with the sourcing- the poster recommends to not let dogs into the house, since 'angels' will not enter a house where there are dogs or statues.

Yet, many times I've read of or encountered hauntings where a dog has never stepped into the house.

It's good information, at the start. An alternative life form is plausible, especially when one considers Shadow People.

Unfortunately, this info inevitably turned into a Proselytization into converting to Islam. One thing I'd like to point out- Jinns were mentioned in Arabic culture LONG before Islam came onto the scene.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: