You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Kitty And Missing Item

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Kitty And Missing Item

 

Two minor events, but things are "picking" up in the trailer. I thought we had handled the previous spirits, but now I'm beginning to wonder - did we get rid of them? Are there new ones? Allow me to explain two recent events that have made me wonder what is going on in my place.

Strange Kitty

Cats are weird; no doubt about it, but recently my kitty Drizzit has been acting even more "off" than normal. Recently she has been watching things that I can't see. We do get a lot of indoor bugs (spiders and waterbugs anyone?) so I figured that she was hunting tiny little flying bugs. Well last night a strange event went on that still has me wondering what went on and should I be worried?

Last night me and Drizzit where sitting in the living room, playing video games. Other than us, the only other living creatures in the house where the fish. Suddenly I hear a noise like someone saying "SHUUUSH" from my Kitchen, loud enough that I paused my game and looked into the kitchen, same as Drizzit. She hopped up and wondered in there, beyond my line of sight. About five minutes later, she came back out in the living room and rejoined me on the sofa.

An hour passed and again I heard a noise, loud like the first time, but I couldn't make out what had been said. Again, Drizzit hopped off the sofa and this time I followed her. She sat at the edge of the carpet, about 2 feet away from the edge of the cupboards and fridge. She was staring at the floor, in the corner where the fridge, cupboard and floor meet. There was nothing there.

I reached down to pet her and she didn't move, make a noise or jump, just stared straight at that corner. After a few minutes, she got up and moved closer, crouching down about 6" from that corner. Then she started moving her head as if she was watching something crawl or move around. I stood roughly 2 feet behind her, also staring at that corner and saw NOTHING. No ants, bugs, spiders, anything. There was nothing moving around.

She continued tracking something until she stood up and watched something move away from the corner, following it with her head. Then she stood, stretched, meowed at me and went over to eat some food. I toed the corner, looked in the cupboard and fridge. Even got a flashlight and peered underneath thinking there could be a waterbug under the fridge. I couldn't find a thing.

I don't know if I should worry about what she saw or just put it off to "cat weirdness". This is strange behavior, even for her. Any ideas?

Missing item

About 3 weeks ago, we had company and I picked up the living room. I put away a certain item in it's normal location, the top center drawer of the dresser in my bedroom. A few days later I went looking for the item and could not find it in the drawer. I figured the hubby maybe moved it trying to get something else out of the drawer, so I looked in the rest of the dresser only to come up empty handed.

Failing there, I checked several other locations that I know we sometimes shove stuff (junk drawers) and came up empty each time. A quick text to the hubby landed me the first location, saying he saw it in there yesterday.

For the next 3 weeks, I would remember that I misplaced it and start randomly looking in drawers and other out of the way hidey holes, but I could never find it. I found tons of other stuff I squirreled away (hair ties, cat toys, that pen my company gave me 2 years ago) but never that one item.

Well this weekend I was stomping around the house, completely annoyed that I could not find my stuff, I know I put it in that drawer and it was not there. Out of sheer annoyance, I stomped into the room, muttering under my breath about "how that damn thing better be in there", yank open the drawer and low, right on top of everything there it was. There is NO way I could have missed it in that drawer, I checked and so did the hubby and it was not there. I slammed the drawer shut and turned to leave, speaking out loud, "Don't move my stuff damn ghosties".

That was this past weekend (11/20-11/21) and shortly after the above "strange kitty" event occurred.

Other hauntings by lazria

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lazria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Minor Update: 6-22-11 I found out we DID have mice, quite a bad case, so much we had to get an extermaniator to take care of the problem. So that cleared up why missy kitty was acting a little off (although she still acts off - must be a kitty thing).
The more worrisome issue is that my hubby (and somewhat myself) think something is still happening in the trailer. We have started minor revovations, nothing screamingly paranormal has occured, but the place has a overwhelming feeling of negativity. I've done a few cleasnings, but after a few weeks, it comes back. The hubby thinks it's the trailer itself, asboring the negative emotions of the past owners. I think that may be an issue, but I keep thinking it's something that was here LONG before the trailer or even the trailer park was here.
Now that I have more equipment for our Ghost team, I'm going to consider doing some EVP's and possibly IR photos. Plus, I think I may have to go "full guns away" on a cleasning on this place. The negativity that seems to only occur in the house is beginning to become very distruptive and needs to stop NOW.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
Thanks for the comments.
Jazzeyjay - yes it is a trailer, but all the power lines are underground. If you read my other somewhat recent stories, you'll see there is something going on with the land and I've already had to deal with ghostly events since I moved in a year ago. Also, several of my friends & I have started a local ghost investigation group - I have a EMF dector and first thing I did was scope out the trailer. Nothing other than 2 floor fans (not even the main power panel) showed any unusal readings. As to the kitty, she's never shown a lot of "sensativity" torward parnormal before (she's 11) and out of the blue like this is alittle odd.

Zorforler - I atfirst thought it was bugs, mice, a cat under the trailer. I try to find normal reasons/causes for things before I jump to the "paranormal". But so far, I haven't been able to isolate what has been causing her to act this way. And as to yelling at ghosts, well I've done that before as well, many times in my life. If you read some of my previous tales, you'll see.

I guess for now I'll contiune to wait & watch, although I am probably do another cleasning, maybe that will help.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-08)
Cat part: Ok 2 things 1 or cat may have seen or heard or sensed something in the kitchen for they have far greater senses then we humans do. 2 It may not have been ghost, it may have been bugs in your walls and under your floor, small enough for your cat you hear but not for you to hear. Well if things are picking up then that means they must be annoyed at you for yelling at them and getting mad at them, so they must be getting a little revenge or they may think it's funny how you get mad or something like that. Take my word for it cause a family I live next to in my apartment just yelled at a ghost and it threw a knife through the wall. I was there I saw it when I was going around giving my new neighbors some gingerbread folk. Yes I call them gingerbread folk. Well anywho I'm trying to calm it down.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
I don't know if you live in a trailer park or not, but I just thought of something. Many times when people live in trailer parks, the high lines for electricity are running all over the place and really are not high enough due to the trailers not being as tall as a regular home. These high lines give off a lot of EMF and would cause a spark in hauntings and paranormal activity. If high enough, it can also cause hallucinations.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
lazria: Your cat is not strange. She is only acting on animal instinct. Just because your human eyes can't see what she see's doesn't mean there is nothing there, because there is something there and she can see, hear, feel, and sense it. She wouldn't be behaving the way she does. This cat is trying to protect her family and she is sitting observing what ever this entity is in your trailer, so she will know what type of action she needs to take. Animals are very smart and have very kean senses. Whatever this is in your home did indeed take your item and placed it somewhere else. This is called apport. Usually it has been known to be associated with poltergeist activity. It sounds like who ever it is has some intelligence to them and they can hear you, so I would continue talking to it and laying down the law. I can't say for sure if you have a poltergeist or if you just have a mischievious ghost. I would start documenting the things that occur, but just be careful and take care. Do some research and check the history of your trailer and also the property that it is sitting on. Don't forget to research the land.
Thank you for your story.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
*UPDATE* While waiting for this story to post, nother "strange" kitty event just occured a few days ago (12/5/10). I was resting in bed, watching TV. Drizzit was lying on her blanket at my feet. All of a sudden she jumps up, staring at the bedroom door. She goes to the foot of the bed, looks down, goes back to her spot staring at the door. She repeats this three times, then finally jumps off the bed, belly crawls to the bedroom doorway and creaps into the kitchen. By this time, not knowing what the hell was going on, I retreave the handgun and shouted out "that if anyone is in here, I am armed and I suggest leaving now." I went out in the kitchen and Driz is sitting in the middle of the floor as if nothing ever happened. I, really thinking someone somehow broke in, searched the whole place and came up empty handed. I don't know what is going on, but I'm not getting "happy" vibes about it. We are installing a new camera system soon as well as I am going to try to do a new cleasing. Something isn't right and I'm now worried, Driz hasn't acted this way in her whole life.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: