You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Christian Perspective on Demons

Real Ghost Stories

A Christian Perspective on Demons

 

I did not write this material to make anyone feel indifferent or uncomfortable if you do not believe in the same beliefs I have on demons. Furthermore, I tried to offer resources that are available and where I got some of my information I just wanted to offer this to help anyone and I am hoping it does. I have been in some bad place and I just hope I can help anyone. Also, sorry my comment is on the long side. Moreover, some of the things that I have written contradict with my Christian of today over the last 2 years I came a long way and I have been truly born again. I hope that I will not scare anyone's point of view on "born again" Christian's because we get a bad wrap sometimes and please do not look down on me or judge me because of the role that I am trying to pursue in being a pastor because of some of my past actions. Again I am just trying and hoping. If you are going to judge my character some of the message may be lost. I honest hope this just helps someone in need and I am not worried that it may reflect on my character The less honest people are with each other the more room the devil has to operate

MOST OF THIS MATERIAL THAT I WROTE IS ARE STATEMENTS OF OPINION

MY BACKGROUND

Hi all, this is quite an interesting story, and I think that I owe it to God and others for me to comment on the story. Let me first say that I am a religious man and try to live my life the most Godly way I can. I am currently a non-domination Christian, and I am studying to be a pastor. I believe in demons and spirits (this is a Pentecostal, a type of Christianity, type of belief). I recently became a Christian over the last 2 years before that I was a non -practicing Catholic and basically an atheist (someone who does not believe in God). Further, I never thought that I would be studying to be a pastor I am 25 years old, and I basically have a bachelor's degree in Business Law and an Associate's in Business Administration. I had all intentions of being a businessman for the rest of my life, but God had different plans for me altogether. Now let me tell you why I had to comment on this story and I hope that God can guide my fingers.

MY STORY- BASICALLY NO SLEEP FOR 6 MONTHS WHY?

I became a Christian basically out of necessity. It all started similarly to this story for me. I had trouble sleeping, to say the least. I was not engaging in sexual activities in my dreams and or being forced to engage in sexual activities with demons I just was not sleeping at all. Basically, I could not sleep for a period of about 6 months; mine you that I was pretty much a sound sleeper for all my life until this point. At this point in my life I was living in complete sin, I was with a girl at the time who was the devil in disguise and this happened during our relationship while I was sleeping next to her in bed most of the time (we were not married, she was previously engaged and had a kid by another man, and I was there something that I am not proud of to this day, but we are all sinner until we met Jesus Christ). But back to the story I could not sleep at all and it felt like every time that I would lay down at night I would be wired. So like any other person would do I watched TV in bed and tried to read and do things to make me relax me to put me to sleep. Okay, I thought to myself during the beginning states of my "insomnia", that was not working (reading and watching TV to try and make me fall a sleep) it is probably just a fluke I'll be cool.

Then, one month when by, and I was still not sleeping. The only thing that gave me comfort was watching TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network), and I was not even religious at the time. So I would flip and flip channels and hope that I would fall asleep. Then, not sleeping 2 months. Now it became 3 month and I was growing weaker and weaker by the day I remember that I did not want to do anything at all but sleep and I started to tell some people that I was having trouble sleeping my mom, my girlfriend Joan at the time, who I thank God everyday that I am away from now (that is a whole other story). I started talking to my brother and anyone else as often that I could gain support (my girlfriend was no support- I believe that my girlfriend was the devil, extremely demon possessed to some degree, which I will touch on later in paragraph labeled "DEMON POSSESSED PEOPLE I'VE ENCOUNTERED") So now I started to drink heavily to try and "put myself out" (make myself fall asleep) I would drink to the point of "black-out" (when your body just shuts down from consuming too much alcohol; it's like a body safety feature) and I still could not sleep. Sometimes I would sleep of about a half hour or something, and then I would be back up like I was on speed or something like that (I was not consuming any drugs at the time decides alcohol which is a depressant not a speed, stimulant I never was much of a drug user and to this day I do not use any drugs not just because I am a Christian and I believe that it is a sin or consume alcohol as well). The half hours naps would sometimes some what sober me up so then I would drink more "black-out" again and not fall back to sleep. I remember the 1st night that I kind of slept for the night (about 4-6 hours I think closer to 4 much closer) I drank 1/2 a bottle of vodka and swallowed 6 "Benedill" I asked the pharmacist, an acquaintance of mine at the time, where I worked what "over-the-counter" drug had the strongest sleeping agent and he said "Benedill". I was so happy that I actually fell asleep that night. I tied it again the next night and nothing I could not sleep again.

SLEEP FINALLY! A MIRACLE? THANK YOU JESUS! NEW FOUND FAITH, A NEW LIFE (BEING TRULY BORN AGAIN) AND A NEW PURPOSE

Anyway it took me 3 more months (for a grand total of 6 months) to start regularly sleeping again. The only way that I started sleeping again was through my Lord and now personal Savior Jesus Christ. It was truly a miracle (all things are possible through Christ who strengths me as it is stated in Philippians in the Bible) I slowly started to pray and Jesus put me to sleep even without alcohol or "Benedill" He was the best tranquilizer ever invented. I would go to bed still with Joan (the devil) and I would sleep for the first time since we started going out. I started to sleep every night again regularly, basically by praying, "please Jesus put me to sleep please... God please put me out (to sleep)" and I would say it over and over again, and at this time in knew pretty much nothing about demons (even that, now I believe that I was sharing my bed with one).

But this long time sinner of New York City started to become a Christian through the back door (or should I say through the mattress). And my life started to change, and I stopped going to college for business because I was too tired to go to school or do homework (during my 6 month "insomnia"), although I never failed out (I started to have my sleeping problems around spring break of my junior year in business college, but somehow I still got all B's and C's and one F's in statistics class that semester). I, simply, went on summer break and never went back because I was not sleeping and I ended up working full time delivering pizzas. During the time I was delivering pizza I started to grow in faith little by little and God taught me more and more and send me messengers and saw God perform many miracle for me and hope that God would fix the wrong things in my life put me back in school and have a future again and he did that too just not in the business world like I expected and along the way God send me some messengers along the way when I needed them the most (Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way; Mark 1:2 New American Standard Version) Also, I believe that God has plans for people and that He controls all events in people's lives to either draw them closer to Him or farther form Him

WHEN I FIRST LEARNED OF DEMONS AND WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE?

Two of the most important messengers that pertain to this story that God sent for me was Mr. Harold (the man who truly introduced me to demons) and Gabriel (the man who taught me how to rebuke demons). Between the two of them they taught me that demons existed, that they can jump in and out of people, how to rebuke and the importance of rebuking them, and demons are all of the devil and they operate as all the different faces of the same devil.

Mr. Harold was the first person to teach me about demons (I did not truly know of demons until I met this man and he told me about them). He was a man that would come into the pizza shop that I worked at, and he and I got very friendly talking about religious things because I had became a Christian by this time and he was one too.

Secondly, a more important messenger that God sent was Gabriel, a Haitian man. I met this man by chance (the way that the Lord often works) I recently got my car taken, and I could not longer deliver pizza that is what I was doing for a living when times got bad for me. And what man can deliver pizzas with no car (please tell me that), but I was so blessed in the matter that my boss was letting me drive his mini-van (he also sold me 2 cars for cheap when I needed them to keep delivering- thank you Jesus) Anyway I had to take the bus home one night after delivering, and I met an interesting Haitian man waiting for a bus at a busy terminal in the city. I overheard some girl in distress because she could not find her bus because the bus pick-up locations had recently been changed by the transportation authority. In seeing this I got up and showed her pointing to the bus locater map where her bus was. Then, an African American man saw this and said to me, "Why did you help that girl?" I answered that I was a Christian but hesitated when I said it. He followed by saying to me, "What is a Christian?" And I answered, "One who believes in Jesus Christ..." "Why did you hesitate when you said that you were a Christian," he questioned; and I did not know what to answer. But he continued talking to me and he told me that he was from Haiti and that he had been a preacher since he was 8 years old.

HOW TO REBUKE A DEMON

To make a long story short he taught me more about demons and importantly he taught me how to rebuke them that night. I recall asked him, "How do you rebuke these demons?" And he replied that you rebuke them in the name of Jesus ("I rebuke STATE THE NAME OF THE DEMON OR DEMON- POSSESSED PERSON THAT YOU ARE REBUKING you demon in the name of Jesus Christ through the blood of the lamb who died on the cross" He followed and said that it is important to say in through the "blood of the lamb" and "talk about the cross when rebuking the demon". He followed and said, "That demons do not like to hear about the blood of the lamb and the victory at the cross by Jesus"; furthermore, he continued, "that the devil gets upset and gets mad that you are not worshipping him when people mention the blood of the lamb and the cross and just basically talk about God. Also, he told me that one time he saw a demon trying to coming into him form another man one time and he rebuked it (demons can jump into and out of people at will this Mr. Harold taught me as well and I believe it to be completely true). I was asking him questions and he was answering them we became instantly close. So I asked, "How can you tell if someone has a demon in them?" And he answered, "that a person might show characteristics of anger or getting red in the face when one talks about the blood of the lamb, the cross, and God in general.

SIMILARLY PAUL BILLHEIMER WRITES ABOUT DEMONS AND REBUKING THEM IN DESTINE TO OVERCOME (I bought this book off e-bay for $6.00 and worth every penny too, and IT'S A MUST HAVE IN MY OPINION)

Paul Billheimer writes about demon's in his book Destine to Overcome (a book about the technique of spiritual warfare as Billheimer calls it; it's a great read on demons and the power of prayer/ rebuking in defense) He states that you should single out the demon and rebuke it. For example, Billheimer and I believe that depression is a demon; one would say to rebuke this demon, "I rebuke you depression in the name of Jesus through the blood of the lamb thought Calvary's victory (the place Jesus was crucified). Further, Gabriel taught me "thought the cross" instead of saying "Calvary's victory" I believe that they can be used interchangeably heck use them both to be on the safe side. Billheimer states this on page 46:

When you discover that your trouble is the result of satanic or demonic oppression try speaking directly to the demon or demons, calling them by name and commanding them in the Name of Jesus and upon the basis of Calvary's victory to release you, to take their hands off and go back to the abyss, and stay there thought the blood of Jesus

Further, Billheimer states an interesting observation of what he believes is the cause much mental oppression in Destine to Overcome:

I am convinced that much oppression which we attribute to natural causes such as disposition, temperament, moods, fear and depression is demon inspired (page 42-43)

I had heard by other sources, and I believe, that these demons roam the earth and seek they do not rest until they get a host; as one notices in the medical world there is not clear cause for depression and it can happen form a number of things: drastic changes, lost of a loved one, basically anything can trigger it. But if one cuts there finger you know how it happened and you know how to solve it by putting a bandage on it mental problems are much different and I believe that they are demonic

Further, Billheimer elaborates about demons on a following page:

These evil spirits (demons) are self-conscious personalities who can hear and see and think and feel... They have all the attributes of personality except a body (page 45)

That is why I believe that they take a host in peoples bodies and people do not even know that they are there they think that it is them or it has become them that their personality has changed, but it is actually the demon I believe this with all my heart.

DEMON-POSSESSED PEOPLE I'VE ENCOUNTERED

I believe that many people are demon possessed now a days, some more than others, and people just call them by their medical names schizophrenic's, bipolar, suffers of depression, suffers of anxiety etc.

Three people that I believe were demon possessed that I came into contact with were Joan, my ex-girlfriend, Tina, a girl that I worked with in a pizza shop, and Keith, a cabdriver that I met just to name a few

I believe Joan was very possessed with many demons including: anger, depression, lustful, bi-polarism, self mutilator and suicidal (she would try and slit her wrists when I would try and break-up with her or overdose on some type of drug) I believe that she was a schizophrenic, she was delusional and paranoid (she was extremely paranoid about things; for example, she thought that there was cameras watching her at one of her jobs. Also, she though one of my friends was trying to set me up and people were trying to set up to beat-up one of her friends), obsessed with everything to the point of having obsessive compulsive disorder, extremely possessive, lied all the time (basically a pathological liar), and she abused anything she would get her hands on from diet pills to drugs, recovering anorexic and bulimic. An interesting thing is that Joan tried every drug on the market to help her and none would the only thing that could help Joan was/ is Jesus Christ, but Joan would make rage-filled statements when I would be talking about God and say things in a nasty, cold, very angry, and stern way with her face red:

1) "You know where I think we go when we die! We go into the ground!"

2) "Now that you are holier than thow and you do not sin anymore!"

3) "I believe that Jesus was the greatest story (lied) ever told and the Bible the biggest lie ever written!"

Another demon possessed person that I ran into was a cabdriver named Keith. Whenever I would take a cab home from the pizza shop (when I was without a car) I would usually talk to the cabby to make the time go by quicker. I built an acquaintance type of relationship, with a cabby, who would often take me home, and his name was Keith. One night we were talking about religion and Keith knew that I was a Christian and at that time I knew a lot less then I know today, but when I was talking and he cut me off became instantly cold (turning red in the face) and told me that I need to do some research on the things that I was talking about and he said that he read the Satanic Bible along with the really Bible front to back in a couple of days twice.

And another demon possessed person that I encountered was right after I broke-up with Joan for good (thank you Jesus), I met a girl by the name of Tina who started to work with me at the pizza-shop. To be honest I thought that she was cute; further, I kind of wanted to take her out on a date until I realized that she was just like Joan and equally demon possessed. By this point I was used to dealing with someone extremely demon-possessed regularly because I when out with Joan for a good amount of time (2 years) So I would quiz Tina randomly and see how she would react to learn more about demons. During the time I worked with Tina I saw her in anger flipped-out on a customer and tried to fight them because they were "giving her an attitude" (boy that reminded me of my ex). She had some type of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) she would wear basically new cloths into the pizza shop and some nights she was cooking and get angry rageful if they got dirty or stained. Another time she put bags around a new pair of boots that she bought that she wore to work one day (to keep them clean) (something else Joan would of done. She would get ragefully angry when she would stain and new article of clothing or any clothing in general).

Also, I felt and enormous feeling of lust around her like I just wanted to have sex with her; the only time that I felt that feeling was when I was around Joan (a person, who was the most promiscuous person that I ever met, by age 19 she had sex with 25 men 20 of them in a matter of the six months prior to the time I started dating her some of them were random encounters engaging in sex with men she knew for less then a day. The 6 month period was a period between her ex-finance leaving her and when I came along. Also, I believe that during our time together she cheated on me having sex with 3 other men one of them I believe to be some random man that she met during a fight of ours and had sex with him because she though that I was leaving her)

Another thing that I noticed was there was an intense feeling of depression when I was around Tina I drove her home one night and to her friend's house both which I did not want to but she conned me into driving her. I also felt this feeling during my time with Joan just a leveling depression I felt it when we first stared going out, and I felt that later with her I believe that it was one of her demon jumping out into me. Needless to say I rebuked both Tina and Joan as well.

DEMONS LIST- ONE DEVIL MANY DEMONS

This is a list that I came up with of possible demons, and I hope that it is helpful. This is not and all inclusive list and may not be right, AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION

1. Lust

2. Anger

3. Any and all mental illness

4. Depression

5. Anxiety

6. Fear (panic)

7. Schizophrenia

8. Bi-Polarism

9. Obsessiveness (obsessive compulsive disorder); by this I mean not just the disorder but obsessing over things too Joan obsessed over everything especially her weight this was the reason for her eating disorder I believe.

10. Any type of addiction (drug addict; to exercise addict)

Some people might say that are not mental illness in some regard hereditary? And I believe the answer would be correctly yes! Stating that demons roam around the earth until they find a host and who people around the most early on in life are their parents around the most their children. I believe that the demons that existed in the parent can enter the child. I believe that most people have many demons in them that they are unaware of it AND WATCH THEY CAN JUMP IN AND OUT OF PEOPLE WITHOUT PEOPLE KNOWING/ FEELING IT

POSSIBLE TRAITS/ CHARACTERISTICS OF DEMON POSSESSED PEOPLE

I kind of developed a demon "test" or "checklist" my knowledge of demons has grown tremendously since I have met Mr. Harold and Gabriel. This is just some of the things that I noticed. Specifically, it is more like a list of observations that I have noticed in my experiences, and I hope that it can be helpful to you too. Further, not all demon possessed people display all these traits they may only display a few. AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION

1. Red in face when angered

2. Just strange or weird acting; possibly schizophrenic personally traits; paranoia

3. Anger issues: rageful anger; hateful anger; could possibly be violent or attack people

4. OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) or obsessive behavior; obsessive over things: events, people rageful over obsessions

5. Possibly controlling, manipulative

6. Some type of outward appearance of mental problem

7. A hollowness / emptiness in people; hollowness in their eyes, look of emptiness

8. Cold: do not care about things: people, circumstances; possibly accompanied by a sense of hopelessness

9. Incapable of self-control (outburst of anger possibly to point of violence emotional outbursts crying, screaming, and yelling etc.)

10. Unstable; possibly emotionally; mentally

11. Acting psychotic or acting as if one has psychoses

12. Lying all the time; maybe to cover for their actions; just general lying; political lying (lying for power to control things); may seam like a pathological liar

13. Possibly suicidal

14. May appear friendly initially but true personality is cold;

possessed may go from friendly to cold in an instant

Donald Juel writes his "check-list" on page 70 of The Gospel of Mark:

Evidence of demonic possession includes epilepsy-like symptoms (9:20-26), uncontrolled shouting (1:24; 5:7), superhuman feats of strength, and self-mutilation

{the parentheses are in the text of the book and refer the reader to the Gospel of Mark in the Bible where it is located and the reason that he placed these traits}

Joan would get mad and attack me, and I would have a subdue her at times and to be honest sometimes it was hard (superhuman feats of strength) she would also call my parents house yelling and scream stating that I beat her up when actually it was the other way around like she was trying to beat me up (delusional and uncontrolled shouting) self-mutilation she would try and slit her wrist when there was problem

WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE INFECTED WITH A DEMON OR BEING ATTACKED BY A DEMON: STAYING SIN FREE AND DEMON FREE

1. Rebuke it or them (using technique/ techniques listed above)

2. Stand strong in your rebuke (if you are rebuking a person do not associate with them. They may at fist try to associate with you stronger after the rebuke because the devil knows of the rebuke and he will fight it). Symptoms may get worst initially but that is very brief and so follows deliverance

3. Believe that it works have faith in God; if one lacks faith this will not work as effectively as it could (pray to God for faith if lacking)

4. Pray to God to rebuke the demon for you too

5. Repent to God for any sin in your life and remove the sin in your life. We must constantly make sure that our life is pure before Him; further, make sure that there are not any sins habits or attitudes that God may be judging in our lives

if sin is in our life the devil (demons) is legally allowed to sift us (see Luke 22:31; 1 Corinthians. 5:5)

6. Read the Bible (the Bible is the word of God and is the only infallible source of truth), and stay in prayer these are the best medicines for anything supernatural; moreover, PRAYER TO GOD IS OUR SUPERNATURAL WEAPON USE IT!

I BELIEVE WITH AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE SIN IN OUR LIVES THE CHANCE OF A DEMONIC ATTACK WILL LESSEN AND IF WE ARE SUFFERING FROM A DEMONIC ATTACK I THINK THAT IT WILL BREAK MORE EASILY. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO REBUKE THESE DEMONS AND NOT LET THEM STAY INTO YOU OR I BELIEVE THE LONGER THAT THEN REMAIN IN YOU THE MORE DANGEROUS IT WILL BE

TESTIMONIES

Billheimer writes in Destine to Overcome on page 40-41:

Since Satan does not have a body and cannot be attacked physically-not in our own power or strength or wisdom but in the Name of Jesus! When at last in hesitation, in fear and trembling, I ventured to speak directly to him (the devil); calling him by name; commanding him and his demons of depression, oppression, affliction and bondage, in the Name of Jesus of Nazareth and upon the basis of His shed blood, to leave me and release me, I discovered immediate release and relief. It was as though the demons of doubt, fear and bondage instantly melted at the Name of Jesus and the blood of the Lamb when the word of command was spoken directly to them. Now, with the word of my testimony, I declared aloud that they had been destroyed by Christ's death and that their claims were cancelled, that they had no right whatever to touch me, that they were trespassers when they attempted to do so. When I did this, commanding them in the Name of Jesus to go, I experienced immediate relief and freedom

I similarly, felt that too. If you do not experience it try again because I promise you that it does work as God as my witness.

HELPFUL BOOKS- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

1. Read the Gospel of Mark in the Bible. (I think that the New American Standard version of the Bible is great get it if you can it is a lot easier to read then the King James in my opinion get it if you do not have one) The Gospel of Mark has a lot of demonic activity in it. Jesus rebuking demons etc.

2. Steve Sampson's Confronting Jezebel (discerning and defeating the spirit of control)

3. Donald Juel's Commentary on the Gospel of Mark

4. Paul Billheimer's Destined to Overcome (A MUST READ in my opinion about this subject) and Destined for the Throne (got it for $3)

Please E-mail me if you have any questions comment or concerns if I can help please let me know demonhelp1 [at] yahoo.com PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE. I just hope that I can help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Walkingdeadgirl8384 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
Sorry I meant to say oppressed not impressed. They can have an effect on you without you knowing
Walkingdeadgirl8384 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
People often criticize what they don't understand. I can't say I completely agree with everything you have said, such as ocd being demonic. But I believe people can be impressed by demons. God bless you.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
Ok late post but definatly saying this:

If OCD is caused by possession then the sin must be contradicting itself because I have OCD (I always have to be doing something with my hands for example:im always twiddling my fingers, rolling up paper, nipping my lips, chewing my nails, playing with zips or strings on jackets etc...

Is it not said that idle hands are the devils play pens... Well like I said my hands are never idle but having OCD does that not mean both things are contradicting each other?
FC_DUB (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Interesting viewpoint on the matter. Obviously stirred some mixed responses in the comments but that's understandable with some of the points brought up. You touched on a sensitive matter to some and religion is always good grounds for a debate. As a fellow Christian I can relate to this not only from a religious point of view but having a similar experience with what I consider to be a sweet girl fighting many personal demons. I think the points weren't quite clear and confused some people, but like every viewpoint you gotta take it with a grain of salt. I've considered similar ideas (linking mental illness and erratic behavior to demons) however, you can't deem it the cause with EVERY case as that goes against hundreds of years of legitimately backed research. I believe that you have to balance science and spirituality to find the most knowledgeable theories for exploring the unknown. If it can't be explained by one, try the other. But most importantly, KEEP AN OPEN MIND! 😁 I wish you well in your journey as a pastor and a child of God and hope you don't distort your perception of the world by accusing every bad thing you come across as demonic. There's negativity everywhere you go and sometimes it boils down to just being the sinful nature of mankind. Peace and love to all of you and I'm sorry some feel the need to make a personal attack on OP he was just sharing his OPINION! Not a ghost story but an interesting read nonetheless and a spark for discussion even if a heated one 😜 Thanks for the shared thoughts!
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
That was the most rubbish I've read in all my years on this earth. How the hell is this a ghost story?

I love the part where you say depression and anxiety are demons... That made me laugh but it's still kind of sad there are small minded people who still believe and live like this...

Many a time have I seen bigots become born again, then criticise and judge everyone.

It's people like you who used to stone women for being raped because she invited them to do the deed as she was dressed provocatively.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
elnora- I'm glad I missed this one. However I realize since I'm commenting on it brings it around again. I'm also thankful that this o/p stopped with this one. I don't think my blood pressure could take it.

Way to go Franky! And all the rest that said what needed to be said.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
I appreciate seeing people get angry/frustrated seeing this one here, because I am disappointed this even got posted. This posters treatment of health issues and mental health is repulsive. I am happy that this is the only thing they even did on this site.

I thought Franky summed that up perfectly.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Franky-Puu - normally, on a story this old, I would just say something like, "Franky-Puu, this story is over 7 years old and you're wasting your time commenting" but in this case I won't. I got so wrapped you in reading your comment, and found myself agreeing with you, that I'm just going to leave it alone. Your irritation with tom was so strong I could feel it. Unfortunately, I think you wasted your time since tom's only activity on our site consisted of submitting that story.
Franky-Puu (1 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
Those aren't demons, mate, they're signs of anxiety and/or depression. Because you're born-again, you think you know everything there is to know about demons? "A Christian Perspective on Demons" implies this. Anger, anxiety, cutting themselves are just signs. Not of any kind of possession or something, but that they need help and not of the holy kind. You probably amplified her depression if anything. I'm sorry, but those aren't demons. A true sign of possession is spacing out, vocal changes, hell, even talking in Latin when she didn't learn anything about the language. Yes, there are archetypes of demons that go into anger, and hate, and lust, but anorexia and bulimia? Bro, you're just a shallow person. I know it's your opinion, but you're saying me, my best friend, and a shiat-ton of other people in this world are demonically possessed? No. Just, no. Yes, sure, not as much people believe in God now as they did back in whatever time you come from, but still, that doesn't mean they should be considered as "Demonically possessed". Hell, even the Pope thinks that people who don't believe in God still have a chance in Heaven.

As for your "Signs" for demonic possession? ANYONE'S FACE IS RED WHEN THEY'RE ANGRY! Blood rushes through your because of a surge of adrenaline when you feel threatened both mentally and physically. All the more with anger to intimidate others. "A demonically possessed person can go from friendly to cold in an instant"? ANYONE can do that depending on what you say to them. Honestly, if you were truly "born again", you'd have helped Joan and Tina rather than try to leave them to whatever it was that bummed them out just because you were bummed out and thought they were possessed. Be there for them rather than say "screw you, demon-person, I'm out of here". Keith is right, dude. You really need a lot more research in this field. Sure, he read the Satanic Bible, but that doesn't mean he himself is a Satanist, let alone demonically possessed. You're no expert. Hell, neither am I, but I know anger, lust, anxiety and depression are not kinds of demons, because a lot of people, hell even YOU, have anger, lust, anxiety, depression, and whatever you listed up there, save for self mutilation/harm.

From a psychological standpoint, self harm is understandable serving as a distraction from the pains of the real world. It's an emotional escape. When one finds themselves within too much emotional bearing, they need to find a way to control it, and make the pain physical and deal with that physical pain because it's easier. You were obviously no help in that, as you were probably too scared to help them deal with it. With obsession of body-weight, that's normal for girls. Anorexics have it worse than others, wherein they view their bodies as too fat, when they're already skinny. They just want to look "perfect". Did you not even read through ANY psychological books?

Also I'd like to point out "[you] felt and enormous feeling of lust around [Tina] like I just wanted to have sex with her" is normal because you're sexually attracted to her. Not demonically possessed. It means you only loved her for her body! Like, honestly, being sexually lustful around your girlfriend is supposed to happen when you have a girlfriend. Goddamn, dude.

The sheer amount of non-understanding in this medium makes me think you're a troll, but I'll feed you anyways even if it's more than you deserve. I respect that it's your opinion, but you are wrong in so many ways. Almost as bad as the crusaders of old, who killed thousands of innocent people they believed to be heretics. But this isn't so much as a religious concern, but rather a selfish, shallow standpoint.

Were any of them talking to an invisible entity while you were with them? Were they? Have you tried calling an exorcist when you were with any of them? Didn't see anything like that when I read this "perspective", so...

I believe in God, as a catholic. I believe the Devil, Lucifer, and their many minions are real. I believe both Angels and Demons walk the Earth without our knowledge. Crap, even Belial walks on this Earth without us knowing. But what you listed up there, as I've said countless times in this comment, are not demons.

Is this comment proof that I am demonically possessed? I might as well be after having read your "Christian Perspective". That's probably what tempted me to read on anyway.

(Keep in mind, this came out with so much more anger than I had expected, especially because I may have taken some offense to this, but I wanted you to know that you are wrong on so many levels on this post. I respect that you're born again, good for you. It's just that you know nothing about demonic possession.)
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
So, here is my question, what branch of Christianity is that you follow, sir? I was raised in a religious household, and these things that you have listed were not considered demonic in what I was taught. I do know, however, that despite the fact that I believe that the church needs unity, I also acknowledge that the reason that there is dissention is because some people have different convictions than others. A simple concern that I have with this post is the scriptures that you have quoted. Many of them must be taken in context. It appears that you have pieced them together from different chapters and books and combined them with the works of men, which in and of themselves can be helpful in understanding, but one must also take into consideration that they are written by man who is fallible.

Something from my own beliefs (which can be taken in whatever way anyone sees fit) is that, yes we may be tested with some of these things such as wrath, lust, etc... However, these things are intended to strengthen us. For example, I have anxiety/ depression issues. Because of this, I have learned that there are people that I can relate to and show love to that have the same problems. Do I believe that I am possessed by a demon? No. Do I believe these others are? No. Do I believe that they need God's help? Yes, because I believe that He will give strength, because I know that He will love despite any sins and Christians are called to do the same. Yes, we are to live according to Christ's example, but that is also why we have forgiveness for we are not perfect. Our imperfections are not demons, they are simply areas in our lives that maybe we need help with.

I guess, in short, what I was attempting or intending to say is please do not lump all Christians into what you say your own beliefs are. This only causes more pain than is necessary.
NoxSilverlight (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
You are a fanatic, not a Christian if this is what you truly believe. You're ex may have been demon possessed, but to jump to that conclusion because it's easier to say "it's a demon" than to acknowledge that she probably had some serious problems that needed to be addressed with a medical professional is disgraceful. I'm not a Christian of any kind, but I will defend the fact that real Christians, ones that understand the lessons being taught and the necessity to try to find the good in people, understand that people that suffer from depression or schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (i.e. Chemical imbalances in the brain) that these things are not the work of demons.

I read this with some hope that it would contain some REAL and USEFUL information about demons and protection against them, but this is disgusting and a waste of time that could be better spent doing anything else.

I hold a very strong stance against telling people they're wrong in their beliefs because I've spent enough of my life being told that myself, but the one exception is when what someone chooses to believe conflicts with proven fact. Disorders are proven to be caused by traumatic experiences and chemical imbalances.

I really hope that in the time that's past since the author posted this they've gotten some corrected information but I'm severely doubtful that they will have taken it to heart as simply the act of posting a story like this with the tone that it's written in implies a level of unwillingness to accept someone else's views.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Wow.

No.

Just no.

OCD is not a sign of possession. Suicidal thoughts are from depression. Just because you are depressed, does not make you demonic.

This is horrible and unfairly judgmental.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
Tom, plainly you are a seeker of truth and a deep thinker. I sense with time, your truth will broaden, change and evolve. Bro, honestly, this site is all about the mystery, the thousand shades of grey that are the things that remain unanswered. Be careful of dogmatic points of view. And prejudice. On this site, it's just a big kick me sign bro, don't do it to yourself. Bright blessings.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
This is a site for sharing experiences of the paranormal...sooooo...all I have to ask is this. Why are there so many Christians on here, screaming " Burn the witch, we will all be enscorceled... It's Satan and his hounds and henchmen! Call a priest!"... Barring Rook, of course, because he always has a balanced perspective and wise council. Anyone? Really.
rweath1989 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-02)
Hmm...my doctor didn't diagnose me with possession. She diagnosed me with depression and insomnia. And you know... I think 10 or so years of medical school makes her the qualified one.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Im not christian or even religious for a matter of fact but don't fowly talk about jw because I have a friend who is a jw. If you hate the story so much, don't say you did in a harsh way, you wouldn't like it if your story was being trashed because someone didn't agree. It does say it is a christians belifs so please don't be so mean if you don't like it done go round saying that. I loved it, it opened my eyes to a different perspective other than my own.
xladyherx (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
This is my first time commenting on this site and I just want to say that I agree with you Tom 100%. Anything and everything that is not good for the soul has to be a demon or foul soul. I am a big time sinner and I'm not taking the responsibility away from me but it is my responsibity to do something about it before my time runs out. (I shudder at the thought of hell) . I'm still not sure about people with severe mental disabilities (I worked at Camarillo State Hospital the last 9 months before it closef down and I worked with some real low functioning people and I'm unsure about them) but everything else I agree with you. Oh and by the way I mean no offense but OASIS founder are you a virgo?

Peace to all
Xladyherx
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
Wow! You obviously need to keep studying the bible because you are extremely out of line maybe these people filling your head with the non sense are demons! Your pretty much saying 90% of our population are demons. Anxiety, depression? Really? You have to be the most close minded person I have eever heard of! Let god lead you to the truth bc you are sooo on the wrong path!
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
Hi Tom, I enjoyed reading your story. I believe that in our fallen state we don't need the help of demons to be bad--we were born that way and will only get worse if we don't trust in JESUS. Otherwise, I do agree with what you said. There is a spirit of fear--the bible says so in 2nd Timothy 1:7. I believe there are more people out there controlled by the devil than we would like to think about--whether by actual demon possession, demon oppression, inherited curses or satanic strongholds (where we have given saten a stronghold in our lives--maybe by a certain sin or sinful habit). I believe that Christians can be oppressed, but not possessed. I also believe that after becoming a Christian you should tear down all strongholds by in JESUS'S name taking back the ground we have given the devil. I like your way of rebuking the devil and demons. I just tried it a few hours ago and want to keep doing it that way. I am glad to see another Christian on this site and I also see you have been here longer than I think I have. I found your story on bing and thought I would say hello, show my support for you and to give a counter witness of the way, the truth and the life that is in CHRIST alone. You will be in my prayers-----------sincerely, greenpondmike.
OASISFounder (1 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-08-02)
😆

Off with their heads he screams!

The story sounds wheezily like a marketing attempt to sell books written by people who would like to take a whack at dissecting a DEMON (loud shutter from the audience)

~

First off

DEMONS don't exist, at least not in the stereotypical sense of the word. The original bible texts (latin, greek, or hebrew) - when translated to english, has the word DEMON, listed 0 times.

The 1611 KJV, the bishop's bible, and the puritan version of the scriptures also did not contain the word "DEMON" - people believing that the biblical account for DEMONS is true, have not read the bible (or at least one that has proper translations in it).

A single word out of context can make all the difference in the world. For example - wholly and holy... They are pronounced the same - but carry two different meanings and are spelled completely different. If we take the original word meanings foul spirits and then replace that with the word DEMON - everyone shutters and squirms... Why? Perhaps because the word DEMON embeds some sort of deep torment in the psyche - and then the imagination starts running wild with images of evil gremlins with horns and hooves dancing around you boiling in their stew.

The word DEMON, comes directly and exclusively from the greek and latin word DAEMON which equates to this in proper translation:: ("genius, lar, guardian spirit"), from Ancient Greek δαίμων (daimon, "dispenser, god, protective spirit").

Apparently people not only do not read their bibles, they also do not research words before they attempt to use them properly.

So if I have a lot of DEMONS, or rather DAEMONS around me... Hallelujah, praise be to God - I would have to say I am both revered and protected.

There are however, such things as foul spirits - just as there are foul people in the world... But from a biblical perspective - there is nothing to substantiate the word DEMON! Nor that Lucifer commands any angel or any man, to do any thing... He does not have powers to do such a thing!

Thank goodness to FREE WILL... Along side of LOVE, it's the greatest gift God could have ever given us
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
When you were talking to Keith, what things were you talking about? What did he say needed research? It is normal to get angry when someone who maybe doesn't know what they're talking about talks like they know everything. Maybe that's what you were doing? Could that have made him angry?
miranda_elaine (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
You know, I really take offense to this. You are basically saying I and a lot of people I know and people in my family and people all around the world are demons! I have depression, I cut myself, I'm suicidal and I have anger issues and I'm short tempered and I take a lot of offense to this. You hurt my feelings. Also I beilve you are or where also a "demo" yourself. You say you used to drink, well according to you that is a demon trait. I don't know what you are trying to say to us here but I would appreciate if you just stopped. And as for Joan and Tina, those sweet girls are not demons they are just troubled they obviously have something wrong with them in there brain and depression and stuff is not just for no reason its a chemical inbalance in your brain its not a demon trait and fear is not a demon trait either. Its a part of life. I thought this website is for people to feel safe and welcomed not feel like a outcast or a so called "Demon". So thanks alot. You made me feel great.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
abanob,

Ah, could you please 'slow down' and explain what you are trying to say I do not think anyone can make sense of your long, LONG run on sentence. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from abanob is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

NeckHudson (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
First of all I cannot take this seriously with all of the grammatical errors, it is a chore to read. Secondly this sounds like a typical holy rollers' view on things. Pentecostal are the ones who shake around and roll on the ground claiming possession and what not. I thoroughly believe in the existence of the paranormal but a piece of garbage like this actually takes credibility away from genuine accounts from sensible people. Demons are not the cause of mental illness, in fact this sounds like the old witch hunts from the 17th century. You my friend need a reality check.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
A disbelief in God/mental illness is usually the result of someone who was seriously abused as a child/teen/young adult. Your ex, Joan, as you describe her personality, fits the profile of someone who was the target of physical, emotional and sexual abuse as a child! Sounds like she has low self-esteem and trust issues, as well.

I've seen many a young woman in her position. And most of them have a problem believing in God, because they simply cannot rationalize in their minds, how a just and loving God would allow a child to be raped by dad/mom/older brother, etc, beaten beyond belief and made to feel like less than a human being. They also see innocents (babies and animals) being tortured and murdered, and it seems only rational to them that God does not exist. So, talking about God upsets them.

It's a medical, scientific fact, that when you are angry, the same corpuscles under your skin that rush to make you "blush" when you're embarrassed, rush to make you "blush" when you're angry!

Some people, who seemingly have no reason to be upset like that and act like her may indeed be controlled/influenced by a demon, however, most of the people who act like that and have mental disorders are not demonically possessed at all.

It's like you're saying that only Happy, bubbly people are God's people, the rest of the world is demonically possessed. That is just not true!
PurplePanda (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
I have little doubt demons exist, but I think we give the devil too much credit. If we cast the "demon" out of some people, they would be left an empty shell. That is, humans are capable of evil all on their own, with no help from the "other side."
dmcal (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
This post needs to have the titled change to "Tom's perspective on demons."

Alhough there is definitely demonic activity in the world, these are normal human emoitions that you have listed here. Although a person who is truly possessed can emit those emoitions that you listed, that doesn't mean that everyone who has them is possessed. Also, something to remember is that a true person in Christ cannot be possessed by a demon and that because, when one receives Christ into their life, God gives us his Holy Spirit to dwell in us as a guarantee of the hope of the forgiveness sins and the promise of eternal life. Not only that, but Jesus said, that he has given us all power and authority to trample on snakes and scorpions (powers of darkness) and nothing at all shall harm us.

Another thing is that, a person cannot be possessed and not know that they are and that because there would be two or more spirits trying to control the same body. Regarding this subject, we would need to look at the information that the word of God provides. Those people mentioned who were demon possessed displayed noticeable characteristics such as, becoming ridgid, foaming at the mouth, having seizures, blindness, deaf, mute, physical deformities, throwning themselves into fire or water and others. Again, those things mentioned above do not constitute being demon possesed, but they are some of the characteristics. I'm pretty sure that there would also be paranormal activity that would eventually surface for someone who was possessed, which would definitely confirm the truth of the matter. I am also sure that there are many people in mental hospitals and insane asylums that are demon possessed and at the same time, there are those who display the same characteristics that are just mentally ill.

Satan, once Lucifer, rebelled against God somewhere in eternity prior to the creation of mankind and through his trafficking, he got a third of the holy angels to rebel with him. These now fallen angels, also called familiar spirits, unclean spirits, principalities and powers, are those who are doing the possessing. They obviously have to follow some type of rules set down by God, otherwise everyone would be possessed or dead!

One thing is sure and that is that paranormal activity is becoming more and more apparent and that, because we have people running around as ghost hunters, the use of Ouija boards, seances or anything that has to do with calling upon spirits. I know that many people here believe in human spirits as the reason for most paranormal activity, but according to the word of God, that is not the case. For God does not allow human spirits to wander around after death. The person in Christ when he or she dies goes to be in his presence and the person who has rejected him, dying in his or her sins, goes into Hades until judgment. That being said, a person who is seeking out spirits is never dealing with human spirits, but any encounter is demonic. People will swear that they are human spirits and that because they are drawing their conclusion based on what they see with eyes, what they hear, what they feel, etc, etc. All of these things are munipulated and used by demonic beings for purpose of deception, which seems to be working very well. Have you seen the growing number of ghost hunters lately? The reason that the demonic beings do this is because, seeking after spirits is a sin and keeps a person separated from God and it also opens the door for a demon (s) to interact in an individuals life. And so, they masquarde as human apparitions, soldiers, little girls, family memebers, orbs, mists, shadows, etc and people buy into it.

The only other entity that would come to a person would be an angel of God and that by God's order. Holy angels do not bang on walls, make scratching sounds, make the sound of footsteps, produce cold spots, appear as black shadows with red eyes or move objects around a house. This is all being done by demonic beings, always!

I hope that this helps clear things up.
kitkatkitty (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but in relation to your 'three demon-possessed' encounters... Have you ever thought that maybe they were all just very mentally ill? You said that your ex-girlfriend abused drugs quite often, pretty much everything she could get her hands on? Drugs can make people get pretty crazy, make them react differently to different topics and such. I've met a handful of people like that, and they were all just very psychologically ill. When religion is brought into the conversation, a LOT of people get very defensive about their beliefs, and try to voice very clearly their opinions on the matter.

You get your sl*ts, your weird cab drivers and your crazy work colleagues. I just don't believe it's right to blame your lustful emotions towards your work colleague on the fact that she could possibly be possessed. People are just crazy nowadays.
mastermind_matt (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
I'd like to state that many, many Christians DO believe in real mental illness that is NOT demon-caused. I'm a Christian finishing up bachelor degree in psychology (my 2nd degree), and I intent to pursue a PhD. People who come to this board believe in the supernatural, but many of us do not want to completely write off science. PTSD and other mental illnesses are REAL, and they need real treatment. I DO believe in demons and other paranormal phenomenon, but I don't believe everything is demon-related. That's just naive.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: