You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Or Ancestor

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Or Ancestor

 

This story is based on an island in Fiji. I used to go there during holidays but never have I experienced this in my life.

We are of a fishing family and we usually collect bait at night in the mangroves when the tide is coming in.

One night about midnight My 2 cousins accompanied me fishing. As all we Fijians love reggae, we started to sing reggae songs loudly in the midst of the mangroves. After about 20 minutes there was a pin drop silence in between the mangroves. We all headed for the roads and as we entered the edge of it, a shower of pebble rocks started to come right at us but didn't actually hit us, so we run; running at least 200 meters, we stopped to catch our breath and as we were teenagers it was more of an adventure then spooky to us.

We started heading towards home and as we walked passing a roadside farm, we saw this man with a warrior like look staring at us, this really spooked us but thinking it was someone from village we never gave it attention. As soon as we started walking again we saw the warrior slowly disappearing. After seeing this we dashed home at a speed we have never ran before and after that we never spoke about it again.

Next night we went to other side to collect bait. Passing the graveyard never gave us a fright because we grew up near it, and upon returning we passed the grave yard again and my cousins seemed to stick closer to me and held my tee shirt. I didn't mind because we are always playing around. As soon as we passed the graveyard, both my cousins took a sigh of relief and upon questioning them, they told me they saw the same warrior again but this time with a spear, getting spooked again upon hearing his appearance, I asked them why they held my tee shirt, they told me that I was a 100 meter sprinter and I would run off and leave them behind.

After the freakish night we all headed home and as we went to bed I felt as if someone was staring at me from the trees. It seemed like a shadow and gradually disappeared.

Now whenever I am at my island home I sense someone is watching me from the tree next to my window. I will be heading for island home again this year I hope it does not happen again...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, avishek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hades666 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Im from Fiji to, and I have had paranormal experiences as well. Once my mother was hanging clothes on the washing line and all of a sudden this strong gust of warm wind came and literally plucked my mother pants of the line, it looked like somebody was kicking it th way it was rolling around on the ground and when the wind stopped there was slashes on my mother pants, like somebody had torn it apart with their fingernails. I experienced the whole things because I was there playing near the coconut tree. My mother looked very distressed.
supernatural_princess (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
im from the Fiji island:) and it is a pretty haunted place, my family there had a lot of experiences
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I know I'm asking a bit too late, but how did he look like a warrior? I liked your story, it is kind of romantic in the way that a warrior from the past is showing up and could be anyone. I like the idea that he is guardian of the cemetery. It sounds like an interesting and alluring mystery. Good show!
avishek (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
yea we have had my great grandparents being hated by when my great grand mom married an Indian (my great granddad)
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
I agree with SmokeyKnight. Ask about you ancestral history. With that in mind try doing some research online about the island your home is on. Id say try and talk to him but please wait until you feel he is not harmful. Keep us posted about your visit.
-Hayz
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
avishek: I have theory (I guess I'm not the only one!) that every cemetery has a guardian who makes sure that the living remain respectful in their jurisdiction... Maybe your songs were disturbing the peace of his fellows... I think sometimes they will follow a person and hang around a while, just to make sure you don't make the same mistake again 😆...

Good story!...Thank you for posting 😊
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Have you asked your family about your ancestors? It may be a guardian of sorts, or someone who was mad at your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: