You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Anne's Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Anne's Ghosts

 

My name is Sonny, and I have just recently turned 14. I am an Atheist, and I have never believed in ghosts or anything paranormal. This story regards my best friend Anne and her ghosts.

I met Anne in the first grade. She always told me tall tales, and I was very gullible. So, for a while, I believed that Anne had super powers that she could talk to animals, that sort of thing. After a while, she got bored of these lies, and told me they weren't real. Eventually I grew up, got less gullible and learned to question things she, or anyone else, told me. There was one story that she always stuck to, though, even to this day. She had always told me that there were ghosts haunting her house. It was a family, she told me, with a mom and a dad and a small child, and they had been murdered. They lived in the walls, she would claim. I was sceptic.

One day, when I was around 8 or 9 years old, I was staying over at Anne's house, as best friends would do. Eventually we got to talking about the ghosts, and we, being the budding ghost hunters we were, decided to try to summon them. We chose the bathroom as the "summoning place," as we called it. I, to this day, have no idea why we chose the bathroom--maybe Anne thought it had the most paranormal activity in it, as she had told me stories about things happening in there before. We waited until nightfall. We turned off the lights, and pinkie-swore that we wouldn't turn them back on unless we were in danger. We sat back-to-back in the middle of the floor, completely silent.

"I-if there are any ghosts in here... Show yourselves!" Anne mumbled. Nothing happened for a few moments, until there was a loud crash, like something had fallen from the shelf. Suddenly, it was extremely cold, colder than I could ever remember it being. I felt sick, scared, like I would never be happy again, like all my happy thoughts were being pulled away. It became incredibly dark, thick, and darker than should be possible. At the far left corner, I could see a white, misty fog appear. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but it was menacing instead of comforting. It gripped my shoulder and I felt bony fingers dig into my skin. I forced myself to look. I didn't see anything, but I was sure I could feel it. I shut my eyes, and I could feel the cold fingers wrap themselves on my throat. My eyes were squeezed shut now, and I was silently crying. Anne screamed, kicked her leg, stood up, ran for the light and flicked it on. The hand around my neck disappeared, and Anne grabbed me and we ran out the door, her screaming and me sobbing and shaking like crazy. We didn't sleep that night, and I barley slept for several nights afterwards.

I'd like to believe that whatever we saw or felt was our imagination. I have never heard, seen or felt anything paranormal, at Anne's house or otherwise, since then. I have no idea what she saw, heard or felt, as she will never talk about it.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

~Sonny M

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sonny_Days, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Well-said, Trix. I agree that everyone has the right to believe what they believe, and no one should tell them they are wrong for it, as long as they are not hurting anyone in their practices. I think whatever you should believe, you should believe it because you feel it's right and because you've seen what you feel is proof. People preaching will never help anything. Spirituality is a very personal thing.

I do have to say though, not all atheists believe in nothing but science. I know plenty of atheists who believe in ghosts, angels, demons, etc. The existence of those beings don't necessarily prove each other or the existence/non-existence of any other higher power. It comes down to, "I know it's there but I don't know how it got there", much like the world we live in. There is so much we don't know about our world and we can only attempt to make guesses at how it came to be.

Anyhow, I am not an atheist myself per-say, but a spiritualist. I believe that there are spirits and I am willing to admit that I do not know what goes on in the "other" world, or who runs the show, if anyone. I'm content in my beliefs. 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
great story thanks for sharing 😁
Must say though totaly agree with deivious angel does sound like an experiance brought on through fear of what might happen why would your friend agree to this if she had experianced things in the house before?

Im not saying nothing happened that night but it might have been brought on by what you thought should happen please accept my appology if this sounds like I'm putting you or your story down at all, that's the last thing I would do to anyones post on here.

P.s total atheist here too but I know spirits exist seen them. Won't comment on anyone beleiving in god that's there choice but you don't have to believe in god to believe in ghosts/spirits just my thoughts.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi Sonny Days, I would like to know from you as an atheist what do you believe. All this comments now put a question mark for me about what you believe in. My father told me that atheists don't believe in God, heaven, angels, hell, demons, or ghosts. He said that they believe in science only and believe if you die your gone just like a bubble that burst.
I respect DeviousAngel in her comment. I just have to make it clear that it is not only atheists that feel don't preach at me". I think every religion feels that way. I'm a Christian and I believe in ghosts and God doesn't have to prove anything to me I look around me and the proof is all around me. Trix

😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
redphx- another user on here made a very good point. Ghosts do not prove God. While they are related only on the level that they are both spiritual beings, one does not prove the other. Let me ask YOU: why, then, is it easy for people who believe in God not to believe in ghosts? Does God prove ghosts too?

Anyway, the story isn't about why the author is an atheist. Stating "I am an atheist" pretty much means "don't preach at me".

To the author: I believe what you two experienced was a manifestation of your fears. Children exude a great deal of energy as it is, but pair up two children who are mischievous and terrified...that's a lot of energy.

This story does interest me, however, because I find it relative to my experience with the whole "Bloody Mary" game. I think this might fall under the same catagory. There's something about children summoning ghosts in bathrooms that I think goes back a long time. It would be interesting to find out how and when the tradition started. I think it's possible that you two summoned a spirit, but I think the stories your friend told you were all just made up to scare you and get attention, which seems to have worked.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Sonny Days, I think it was your imagination. Sorry but the way you tell your story is good but unrealistic. I say that because you both went in there to see if there are ghosts, and it was just too easy. You just not get into a bathroom put out the light and bony hands strangle you around your throat almost right away. Maybe your eyes played tricks on you in the dark. Trix

😉
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Thts really scary! I would of called my parents to pick me up and take me home, lol 😁
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
well, I suppose in a way demons and bad spirits are more attracted to athiests? As they know they won't pray to someone they don't believe in, making the demon or spirit able to stay
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
How can one not believe in God but believe in ghosts? I am not a bible thumper by any means I think you should believe what you want to. It's just that if you believe in one the other goes along with it. That is just what I think though. It would be a logical path to take.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
You write very well at a young age, and are an excellent story teller. It sounds like, given all the circumstances, you let your imagination run a bit wild. How did you see the mist with all the lights out? Was it glowing?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
So redphx? So what exactly does such an occurence have to do with a person's not believing in a God?

Well Sonny Days, I'd recommend that you do some homework on the house and see if old crime reports or newspaper articles of the residence indicate that someone may in fact have been murdered there.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
That is a very scary story. Are you still an Athiest after that one?
lemonchan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
omg that's so creepy! When I was that age, I would have been too scared to even go into the room with the lights off and try to talk to the ghosts

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: