You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Mary-Anne

Real Ghost Stories

Little Mary-Anne

 

For almost a year, there has been the presence of a little girl in my home. Occasionally, it feels like I can feel her emotions. Lately, she seems to becoming agitated and angry. Sometimes, it feels like this is my fault, since I am the only one in my family that believes in ghosts, and somehow it feels like she wants me to convince my family that she exists.

About nine months ago, my mother called me into the living room. Instead of, "looking like she had just seen a ghost", she was smiling. She told me that she was sitting in the living room watching TV and saw a shadow out of the corner of her eye. My mom described it to be only five feet tall, or shorter, and looking like it was wearing a long dress. My father confessed to also seeing it, though he is an extreme skeptic and thinks that there is, and never was such a thing as ghosts.

A week after my mother told me, I also saw the little girl's shadow run past in the hallway. I couldn't see any details, except the silhouette of her hair which was short, and her dress, which was long and seemed to have a lacy flow to it.

About two days after that, I was in my parent's room, looking for something, when I looked up into the hallway, as though my eyes were forcefully drawn up. I saw a mist form into a faint outline of a girl in a lace dress, holding up her arm as though she was playing or dancing. It only last for a second, but I could also make out ribbons in her hair.

On a recent night, I was up alone watching TV, when I got up to use the bathroom. I suddenly felt chills and as though someone hostile was watching me. It was mostly dark, and as I looked into the bathroom I thought I could see a black, small shape sitting next to the tub.

I was scared, but went into the bathroom anyway. As I turned on the light, I was struck with an odd thought. "What if the little girl drowned in the tub?" I was a little frightened by this and then something like an image of an old photograph popped into my mind. It was a little girl with short, curly, light colored hair, pouting at the camera and holding a doll. She was wearing a long, lace dress. And every time I think of it, I hear the name, "Mary-Anne".

Ever since then I haven't seen her, but I can feel her. Like I said, I thought that she could've drowned in the tub, or someone else could've done it. It feels like she's mad with me. What should I do? Should I try to help her finally rest at peace somehow?

Other hauntings by Sam_S

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sam_S, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Don't use the board. I've never had anyone suggest that as a good idea and always had them say the exact opposite.
textbud13 (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
this is hard because she might be trapped on earth so start talking to her, get to know her and if she is trapped try and remove the thing that is stopping her from moving on but if you can't get through to her now be very carful with this maybe just maybe you can use an onjaga bord (I know my spelling is bad) but you would have 2 pray before you do it to only get Mary Ann but be specific when you say and don't let deamons get through and MAKE SURE YOU SAY GOODBYE! Because other wise it won't be over for the Spirt
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Hmm. This seems like such a nice story. If you would like her to move on, just ask her to. Tell her it is okay, that she needs to go be with the rest of her family (if they are already deceased) and with God. Just say a prayer aloud.

I agree. She might be frustrated that you are the only person that believes she exsists. 😆

Thanks for sharing this story, it is going on my favorites. ❤
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Hey nice story!

Has this ghost/spirit been making you feel "uncomfortable" in any way or bothering you. Now I know you have seen but you've felt her and hopefully it isn't really that much of a drag on you or your life.

If you really want her to leave I would just sit down (make sure your all alone in your house) and just try to communicate to her. If you want her to leave then just ask her kindly.

Best of luck to ya
-shabam247
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Sam: I agree with all the posts below...Also, does your family have anything old, or bought from a yard sale or thrift store?...Sometimes spirits become attached to objects...

If you follow Taz's advice and attempt to communicate, call her by the name "Maryanne", and see what response you get...

I'm very interested in the advice you'll be given... Thank you for posting... ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
intaresting story an other bit of advice try talking to her she might be annoyed that even though you have seen her you have ignored her try chatting it might lighten the mood feelings your getting
Carl
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Another thing that you may want to do if your curious as to what may have happened is to do some research and see if you can dig anything up about what may have happened in the house or on the property that the house is on. Getting the feeling that it may be related to the tub as though she may have been drowned may give you somewhere to start in your research.

Another thing is to try and see if there are any properties near your house that may have had something happen. Remember, just because a house is new doesn't mean its not haunted, the land it is built on can be haunted and the spirits decided to inhabit the house when it was built on the land they are haunting.

Another thing is that I want to touch on is what snowhite said. One thing you could try to do is talking to her and pray for her so that she can go into the light.

Hope my comment helps and hoping that there was something that can be taken from it.

Peace
JustCurious
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
If I were you, I'd try hard to help her soul to rest at peace by talking to her and letting her to see the light. Also say a prayer before you do everything. Ask God to help this little soul to go to where she belongs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: