You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon In My Cell Phone

Real Ghost Stories

Demon In My Cell Phone

 

This incident took place in Los Angeles, CA. I had purchased a new cell phone in late 2007, and I'd say a few months afterwards, in the beginning of 2008 was when I believe a demon briefly took up residence in it.

I had just returned home from running a few errands, and I set my phone down on my dresser in my room. I turned on the TV and began watching it, when something distracted me for a moment. A small black cloud-looking substance (small enough to fit in the palm of my hand) hovered into my room, over to my phone, then disappeared into it!

I didn't pay any attention to it, thinking it was a glare or something, so I went on with my day. Well, from that moment on, I started having problems with my phone: I had a hard time reaching people I wanted to reach as I would get a lot of static when trying to call out. Where I would often get calls from family, friends, and acquaintances, all of those calls had stopped. No one would call me and I never got any "missed call" messages on my phone. This went on for about one to two weeks. Then, one day, out of the blue, my sister called me. When I answered, she said, "Mya?" I said "Yes." She seemed concerned, but she didn't say anything. She just went on with a normal conversation.

Then other people started calling and telling me that they had been trying to call me for last several days, but just couldn't get through. I blew it off, blaming it on bad reception.

But then, I got a call from an editor I had been working with on a project. She too complained about not getting through, but then she said something that got my attention. She said on one of the times she tried to call me, an ugly, demonic-sounding voice answered, saying "Mya's not here today!" She said it kept saying it over and over, until the phone went dead.

I replied "What?!" Still, I didn't believe it, until it hit me. I thought back to the day that I saw a sliver of a black smoke-looking thing zip into my phone. I put two and two together and knew that must've been a demon. I guess it finally moved on and that's what allowed the calls to break through.

To this day, I wonder what it was saying to people when they'd try and call? It must've been scaring them off. My friends and family never came out about it. I got the feeling they'd rather not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mlbenson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
On second thought, just pray and say "In the name of Jesus, I rebuke thee" to the demon. Demons normally flee when they hear the word "Jesus." Just forget my last comment because I wasn't thinking when I said that.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Just say, "DEMON (S), I REBUKE THEE IN THE NAME OF GOD. NOW GET OUT OF HERE!" (that last part is optional if you are really angry)
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
i could do with one of those demons for my phone, so I could get some peace & quiet...
victorianhorror (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
ok. Um... First of all, did you use a ouji board? Or any kind of satanic objects? Because, demons don't come unless invited by the person who summoned it... So if you can tell me anything, I could help you. Because I'm an expert on these things.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
All I can think if right now is wow wow. I never thought it was possible for demons to reside in a phone until I read your story. Thanks for sharing and good luck
Nala_Lioness15 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
DeviousAngel, your comment reminded me of my microwave as well! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ It would turn off when the electricity is fine, and when it turns on - a loud beep that makes me almost jizz my pants and scream... ๐Ÿ˜• And sometimes the plate (?) wouldn't spin, even when a single porcelain glass with milk was there. Oh, the weirdest part - once I was in the kitchen, and the clock (yeah, has one) would start setting to a time on it's own, chaning like crazy... That would make me sprint out of the house... ๐Ÿ˜†

But I never had any----Wait, my cellphone was also possessed! ANY cellphone I bought and changed, that thingy always seemed to bug it! >.<
Brooklynnberceuse (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
I have a two questions

1. What brand phone was it? Just wanted to know

2. Do you still see the cloud of smoke or was that just a one time experience?
MerscratianAce (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Hm, I always knew cell phones were demonic. I like landlines still.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
I can see this as a possiblity. I have a toaster oven that only has two settings that work, OFF and INFERNO.

[at] Pjod
You tried to cook a turkey in a microwave? And you're admitting it?

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Moonlit (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
๐Ÿ˜ฒ Wow first I would like to say that your story gave me chills.
Really it drew me right in. I'm sure your friends were spooked by it. I sure would have been lol. I have heard of demon using objects to draw energy but never a cellphone. It kind of makes me afraid to use my cellphone lol Thank you for sharing this with us.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
LOL Pjod, your comment just reminded me of my microwave back three houses ago... The damn thing would go CRAZY beeping all the time out of nowhere. I never thought it might have been possessed! ๐Ÿ˜
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
this account may explain why I had to get rid of a new microwave I purchased back in the late 80's when these new fangled devices really started to become popular. My new Wonder Box would constantly burn my pizza- I once tried to cook an entire stuffed turkey in there, ruining Thanksgiving for my entire family.
Never thought to blame that one on the demonic... (scratches head)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Wow...I've never heard of something like this happening. I've always had strange, random issues with my cell phone like it calling people while the keys were locked, receiving calls from anonymous numbers with nothing but static on the other end, blank voicemails from unknown callers, the phone turning itself off and on at random, etc. But I never thought for a moment that my phone might be possessed. I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility. Spirits tend to feed off of any form of energy that they can use, and I've heard that they sometimes drain the batteries of electronics to manifest or make themselves known in some way.

If there was a demon in your phone, it was probably a very weak lesser demon of sorts, because otherwise your phone would be drained pretty much every few minutes.
Claws (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I would recommend buying a new phone and burying the old one. I have a weird feeling that would work.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
i read this story and I thought, well now that sounds weird.
Weird because it sounds true. I had a few problems with my cell about a year back. It would shut off by itself and not allow calls through even though the reception was perfectly fine. It has also called me a dummy on a few occasions. No lie.
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Sometimes I joke my phone is possessed due to all of the dropped calls and stuff it does. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sounds like your phone actually was though. I would have freaked out tremendously if my phone told someone in a creepy voice that I wasn't available. Interesting story, ghostly phone calls are always intriguing. Thank you for sharing.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
This was really interesting and it reminded me of something that happened with my friend's phone. She didn't have the voice like you did, but hers would always jam up and flash a bizarre message. Eventually, it got to where that's all it would do when it turned on, so, of course, she had to get a new one.

I'm glad to hear you don't have those problems anymore, though. Thanks for sharing!

Au revior. ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
AllennellA (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
A demon in your cell phone? I believe it. My friend told me that once when she was talking on the phone with me, a voice took over and told her it's name. It's an interesting account, that's for sure.

Demons like playing around and messing with people for fun, or so I've heard. I hope you never have to deal with another possesed phone! ๐Ÿ˜Š
TheBookWorm (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Thank you for sharing. Were you attached to the phone emotionly? I have heard stories of demons residing in objects that people are attached to because they feed off the energy. By the way, does anyone know what the term is for someone who can feel a spirit and (sort of) hear them (only when I'm in a REALLY DEEP trance) but can't sense emotions?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Hi mlbenson, first I would like to tell you, Love the title of your story. It drew me right in. LOL ๐Ÿ˜
This is definitely one of the most interesting accounts I have read so far today. I have no idea why a demon or spirit would choose to reside in a cell phone, but it does sound like something was messing around in there. I'm sure that voice creeped out a lot of people who tried to reach you. Thanks for sharing this with us. ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: