You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: October's House

Real Ghost Stories

October's House

 

I moved into this house when I was 14 years old, it was bought by my family in 2000, and it was empty. It had been empty for quite some time like say 10 years. I joined the local church and was happy with the boyfriend I had in junior high. But, that was soon changed that summer I had to get a ride home from church and well that was interesting.

The lady that gave the ride home from church turned out to be the first owner of my new home. On the way home she asked me how I like the house and I told her I love it, she sort of made a face and then told me that she had something to tell me about the house and I may not believe her. Thinking how strange it sounded I told her to go on. Big mistake, I mean big mistake. She then told me that she was the mother of a young guy that died at the beach but lived in the home, and that she believes he is still there no matter what is said. I told her okay, she also told me that the house was cursed and one that lived in that home would have marital problems and financial problems. I thought nothing of that and when I got home, I told my mother, and that's when I noticed her face like she wanted to laugh it off but knew it was true.

That summer passed with nothing else, but we did notice that things had a habit of moving around, and people's auras begin showing up. In pictures and any pictures taken in the house it would be really grainy no matter how good of a camera it is, and peoples auras would show really bright, I did have boyfriend at the time that had a black aura so that's how it began showing that summer. The fall was when it got weird.

It was long about the end of September when I started hearing loud rock music being played (just to justify myself I love country music) it would be so loud it would wake me up. I would go across the hall and wake my sister up, and say I need to sleep with you, and I would. According to her one night the window fan she had in her room flew out and nearly hit me in the head, I didn't even wake up. Anyways back to my room, you could hear the sounds of someone moving in the closet and other strange sounds in that room. I think it was even stranger how one night all the lights were out and a woman's face appeared. I cleared my eyes and even rubbed them and then I saw a dark figure in the corner. I flew out of there saying the Lord's Prayer. But well after that the house always seemed cold even in the dead of summer. I would always feel like I was being watched and would even turn on the lights. If I was home alone I slept with all the lights on.

Flash forward when I am sixteen, I got pregnant and I was scared but the strange things stopped happening. Go forward sometime more, well I lived in the house when I was married and well parents had then moved out and I was pregnant with my second child. That Halloween I got the scare of my life, the spirit took over my friend (who now won't speak to me) and I knew who it was and I was told I was wrong about his name. I started asking questions that I would ask any spirit why here and why now? He answered them and then told me in October this house is very active and that there are other spirits here, well I know this is true, but I will not get caught in this house in the month of October no matter what.

I have more stories about this house and surrounding areas, but I am not sure if the house is haunted or if I am so please be polite to me and not be mean about what I have told my story about.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hmhurst, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hey hmhurst,

Thank you for sharing your story! It seems that the guy's spirit is indeed still hanging around. And that there are more spirits in one house is not so strange either. They are, as someone said on this site, everywhere. And most people can not see them until they are being opened up by evolution I believe. If I were you, however, I would move out though!
Greetings,
Peter
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I also would encourage you to give more detail. For example, what happened with the first boy fried? How was your friend taken over and what did it say its name was? What strange things happened when you were preganant? Did strange things also happen to other family memebers? Did the lady that gave you a ride homes predictions come true?

I look forward to your detailing these accounts. You have about 5 or 6 stories here, I would like to hear them.

God Bless!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
you are just all over the place with your story. You should have really taken your time, thought it out before rushing through it on a keyboard. You have quite the story there, if it were cleaned up and explained in such a detail, that other's may be able to direct you in the way of relief. Either way, no one should be afraid of their home... Take some action, if only for your childrens sake... 😕
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I would like to know a little bit more about what happened to your friend. You said that this spirit took over and said you were calling him the wrong name. Did you think it was the spirit of the woman's son? Did you ever get an answer on who the spirit actually was? If you are still living in this house and there is always this much activity then there probably is a portal or doorway that was opened. If this is the case then you will most likely need a professional to come in do a clearing and close the portal. I hope you find the help you need soon. Good luck!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Just to be clear, the house didn't display any noticeable activity until after you were told it was haunted? How long had you lived there before you were told it was haunted? These are some very dramatic events you describe. Seems unusual that such an active house would wait until after you were told it was haunted to start acting up.

This comment from SILLYCAR is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: