You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Aunt's Poodle

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt's Poodle

 

I've been able to see and speak with ghosts since I was very little. I've had a lot of paranormal experiences throughout my life and I'd love to share a few of them but I think it's best to start with my first one.

I was about 8 years old and I'd fallen asleep pretty easily that night but I woke up around 2 in the morning. It was odd because I usually slept through the night unless I was sick. I suddenly felt that I should look at my open bedroom door. I watched for a few minutes and a poodle walked into view. I instantly recognized it as my Aunt's dog. I'd recently been to visit her and her dog was a bit ill. My aunt lived about 3 hours away at the time and we didn't have inside dogs so I was a little bit scared but I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. The dog stopped in the middle of my doorway and looked in at me. It wagged its tail and then continued down the hall. The next morning we got a call from my aunt saying that her poodle had died the night before.

All I did was smile to myself. I never told my parents but I have told several of my friends. Very few people believe that I really saw it. But I know that they don't have to accept it in order for it to be real. I know it's not very spooky or exciting but, it's my first experience with the paranormal.

Other hauntings by GypsysHeart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GypsysHeart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Thanks so much for the support everyone. It means a lot to me to know that people actually believe what I'm telling them. I'm really looking forward to sharing more experiences with all of you.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
Thank you Gypsyheart,
I am such a sucker for dog stories. I can't help but love them. I have no doubts about your experience whatsoever. I have my dogs too. ❤ 😊 ❤
ThePyschicOne (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
Wonderful story! SOOOO cute! ❤ That dog must have loved you enough to say a final goodbye! 😳
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
What a beautiful little story. I could just vsualise it. Thanks 😊
EmoChick (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Awesome story! Sounds a little bit spooky but still awesome! Can't wait to read more!
❤ 😊 ❤
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
I'd love to share more. I'm just trying to decide what to post next.
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Aww, such a cute story! You should share the other things that have happened to you, I would enjoy them!

-erin19 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
GypsysHeart: I like your story a simple but very effective introduction of the paranormal into your life. I also believe that you did see your Aunts dogs spirit that night, it is a very special feeling when you realise that passed love ones have come to say goodbye to us.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I'm glad that you guys actually believe me. Yes, taz, I used to play with it all the time. I've alwyas loved animals and that one was just so sweet.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
what a sweet story did you play with the poodle when you visited your aunt? Just wondered with it taking the time to pop by and say goodby to you
Thanks for posting
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Great story! Thank you for sharing it. From most stories, it seems that children are very sensitive to paranormal visions and occurances because they are innocent and unjaded by the world. I believe you saw your aunt's dog's spirit that night.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: