You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Freaky October

Real Ghost Stories

Freaky October

 

This happened in my old boarding house where I stayed for 2 years while I was still in college. There was a time that my house mates and I talked about horror stories. One house mate shared that before All Souls' Day, something strange will always occur in our place. Another shared that the occurrence might be because of the previous boarder who committed suicide in our bathroom.

I really didn't take the stories seriously because I never felt anything creepy during my one year stay, in fact I frequently used the bathroom downstairs while everyone's asleep in spite of my scary experiences in school (check my first post). By the way, the boarders' rooms were located upstairs where everything's wooden including the floor and the walls.

October came and the stories my house mates shared were all forgotten. I was in my final semester then and only had 9 units left, equivalent to 2 subjects. My classes started at 11 am and ended at 2 pm and my duty hours in the department started after my last subject. I usually woke up at 9 o'clock in the morning. The workers will leave at 8 o'clock, as well as my house mates. So, when I woke up, everyone left already.

One time, while fixing my bed, I heard someone was cleaning in Maribel's room. Expecting she was there, I called her and said "Maribel you're still here? It's 9 am already. You don't have work?" The noises continued but no one replied. I thought she didn't hear me and that my voice wasn't loud enough.

I just went out of my room to take a bath and to my surprise I saw Maribel's door already locked outside. I didn't panic. I checked it if it was unlocked just to make sure because perhaps she just went downstairs but it was really locked. I breathed slowly to keep myself calm and went downstairs.

That evening, I told Maribel and she got scared and asked me to sleep in her room. The occurrences happened every other day since then and sometimes, it happened in the other room. I just ignored it so I wouldn't be afraid.

My unforgettable experience happened in 28th day of October. While I was in a deep sleep, something awakened me and I thought it was my mobile phone because sometimes, my friends would send me messages. I checked it and I didn't have any and the time was 2 am. And suddenly, I heard footsteps going up slowly on the stairs and stopped on the last step which was near Maribel's room. I listened carefully and waited for the footsteps to continue and hoping it would open one of the rooms but there was none. After a few minutes, again I heard the same footsteps but it's going down.

Whoever it was, it repeatedly went up and down the stairs three to five times. I didn't dare to go out and check because I was already scared and was shaking under my blanket. I closed my eyes and covered my ears to avoid hearing it and went back to sleep.

Again, I told Maribel about what I heard that night and end up sleeping again in her room. She said the other year she experienced exactly the same thing, even the time when I heard it, and that it might be the suicide girl's spirit letting us know that her soul was not yet at peace and that she needed our prayers.

Other hauntings by Feiaby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Feiaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Feiaby- I agree with Luca, I think those who take their own lives are sometimes afraid to move on. Prayer may be the best thing you can do to help her at this point.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
You shouldn't be scared, you should be offended! Why is this girl cleaning Maribel's room and not yours!? 😲

I do believe that the souls of people who commit suicide stay behind; just imagine the guilt they must be feeling! Catholics often pray for the wary souls, I think you should do the same.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: