You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadows

 

I did not experience this but my friend, Dessa did.

On Monday after I received a call from Dessa. She said, "Hey I have a favour to ask you. Is it ok if I stayed over at your place until Thursday?" I said, "Why? Are you ok? What's wrong?" Dessa, "well on Friday night something happened. It was so weird. But anyways I woke up at 4 am and noticed that my door was slightly open (odd because I always leave it closed before bed). When I walked towards the door to close it I saw a shadow... It was as if someone was in the apartment. I walked out to check it out. I then noticed that the front door was open. I went towards the door and opened it all the way. I looked down (to where the door knob was) and saw markings (looked like someone used an instrument of some sort to break in) near the door knob. All of the sudden I saw a laser light pointing at me! I freaked out and quickly ran to the hallway bathroom. I stayed there for 5 minutes with my ear against the door. I did not hear anything so I walk out of the bathroom and went straight to my room. I looked up and noticed that my door (to the bedroom) was closed! I did not close my door when I walked out in the hall way." me, "Oh my god. Well I'm glad you're alright."

Dessa ended up not sleeping over at my apartment so I assumed she was alright. She called me again (it is now Wednesday) a few hours ago telling me that she ended sleeping over at her friends place (5 minutes away from where she lives. I live 20 minutes away) last night because she could no longer stay in her apartment. She said, " Maricel, I can no longer stay in my apartment!" "What happened?" "On Tuesday, I woke up to someone cracking their knuckles!" "Are you sure it wasn't coming from outside? Maybe that's what it was?" Dessa, "no, it sounded like it was coming from inside my apartment. I don't know. But it sounded like it was next to me." me, "that's creepy. Did you hear anything else?" Dessa, " yes! Afterwards I woke up to a woman and a baby screaming! It was horrible. I was so scared!" me, "girl, I think your place is haunted... Do you believe in that kind of thing? Dessa, " not really but jay (Dessa's boyfriend) does." I felt so bad for her so I decided to ask if she wanted me to stay over at her place to keep her company.

Do you guys think that a good idea?

Well I will let you know what happens

Other hauntings by twisted_individual

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twisted_individual, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I agree with you Javelina. People shouldn't automatically assume that something is paranormal. They should always err on the side of caution. I would call the cops right away if something like that happened to me. The paranormal would be the last thing on my mind. Usually things aren't this suspenseful or life-threatening, but I think a lot of trouble could be eliminated if people just calmed down and didn't jump to a paranormal explanation. It rarely is paranormal. Why would your friend even think the initial experience would be paranormal. Is she afraid of the police? I agree with other comments that humans, indeed, are much scarier than a possible, but very improbable, haunting. I feel as if we're not getting all the details of this story. The reactions to the events are very strange.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
twisted_individual,
Why do I not see where someone in this entire scenario called the cops? I'm sorry, but if this were my friend I'd have been all over this in a flash! Why weren't you? You are supposed to be a friend? Give me a break!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Personally I think she was the victim of a break-in. Which in my opinion is scarier than a ghost. Humans are unpredictable. I think that when she woke up she scared the intruder and he left the apartment when she was in the bathroom
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Just trying to get this straight in my mind. The first incident she saw a shadow, saw her door had been forced open by some sort of tool, and someone pointing a laser light at her. Ghosts aren't really known for forcing doors open with tools or shining lasers on people. Why did she think ghost? Did she call the police? Truthfully, this sounds like an intruder, not a ghost.
As to the cracking knuckles and screaming, that could have been a part of a nightmare brought on by stress over convincing herself the place is haunted. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to fully wake up.
Sorry, but unless there is a lot more to this story, I just don't see how the paranormal is involved.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Your friend probably needs you right now, so I would say go for it-I mean let Dessa stay over. But what she has experienced does not sound that bad. When her boyfriend Jay is over, does Dessa experience anything else? Or does the activity only happen when she is alone?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
I wonder if there as any history in her place... From what you said sounds like maybe someone broke in to the apartment in the past and there was a woman and baby sleeping there... Just from the knuckles cracking marks on the door and screaming? Just a thought but please do let us know if you stay very intriguing ❤
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
I think you can go to her house to be with her and also prove if she told you is true or not. I feel the shadow is a person since she saw markings near the door knob. The screaming part------she might have a nightmare since she is so scared because of the shadow accident. I am not sure if all these have anything to do with ghosts.
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Yea! Stay over with her then get back to us with a full report, hehe. The first part of the story, had it been me in that situation I would've called the police because it would've been obvious to me that someone had broken in the house. As for the screaming, the voices, etc, she "woke up" to these sounds so I'd say the explanation is something to do with sleep, dreaming, night terrors or something along those lines. What if... The first incident was actually a real person who broke in the house, not necessarily to harm her, but possibly to steal something thinking the place was empty... Then from that point on, fear takes a hold of her and sends her imagination all over the place, makes her feel insecure and frightened in her home so it affects her sleep. Something like that is enough to scare anyone so badly that they don't want to stay in the house. Keep us updated! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: