You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Gaping Black Holes For Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Gaping Black Holes For Eyes

 

My first paranormal experience happened when I was around 7 years old. I was in my mom's bedroom, snooping through her things. I looked up into the mirror of her vanity and standing in the corner facing and watching me was a young girl, she wore a white dress that was torn.

The thing that truly frightened me, that I have never been able to shake off, was its eyes, or lack of I should say. This entity had giant, gaping black holes for eyes. It was like looking into two black holes. It's a vivid detail I would never forget. There were absolutely no eye whites, and the black holes were perfectly circular.

Next, I was around 9 years old when my family went to Sarajevo, Bosnia (home country) for 2 months during summer break. Our first night there, our neighbors gathered around the house outside to welcome us.

I was standing with my older sister and some neighborhood teenagers. I overheard them talking about how our house is haunted. I wandered off, away from the crowd, to the front of the house. I looked into the window that directly gazed into the living room and the kitchen.

Standing in our kitchen, was a little ghost boy with short black hair that was opening and closing our kitchen drawers. I watched, amazed, as it picked up a spoon and inspected it closely. It turned the spoon around in the air, twisting and examining it.

As if it could sense that I was watching, it snapped its head towards the window and stared at me. It didn't move. Like the ghost girl, it had gaping black holes for eyes. And we just stared at each other for a solid few seconds, with my eyes tracking back to the spoon that it was still holding, and I ran off.

I remember being so scared to sleep at night after that, in that house. I told everyone about it, and my grandma taught me a Muslim prayer that I still use to this day whenever I feel like there is something around me.

Lastly, I saw the third entity when I was around 12 years old. My family and I drove down to Jacksonville, Florida to visit my aunt. I went to the bathroom, washed my hands, and when I looked in the mirror I saw a little ghost boy in the corner of the bathroom. It was daytime when I saw it.

It didn't seem to have an emotion and was expressionless, besides just emptiness and despair. It's eyes, like the other encounters, had giant gaping black holes. It didn't seem like the other ghost boy I had seen in Bosnia- he seemed younger and shorter.

I've lived in the same house my entire life, and I've had one additional experience with the ghost boy, and countless others with the ghost girl. I dreamed about her when I was a teenager. In the dream, I was a child again and we were playing, having a good time. She told me, "I'm not as bad as I seem." That's all I remember.

In recent years, the ghost girl woke me up with an electrifying shock on my wrist. I felt something slide off my bed and swear I saw her outline laughing at me.

I'm sharing this because I am wondering if anyone can identify what these entities are, and what they want to do with me. Also, what is the significance of the black eyes? Why has it not been documented before in media?

I've tried to do research but it seems like nothing that comes up is close to what I have experienced. They're not "black-eyed children".

I won't share any more because this post is getting long. Let me know what you're thinking!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Different444, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-06)
[at] Different444,
I have a bit of a different take. The missing eyes would seem to be related to the ability of the ghost to appear. IIRC all your ghosts' were children. E.g. Sometimes people report a pair of legs walking around a 'haunted' location. Since you are/ were able to see the ghosts it would seem that you have some level of MEDIUMISTIC talent. The thing with the eyes, as black holes, is not really unusual. Whether it is related to your particular gift or a short coming of the ghost's abiltiy to appear I have no idea.

True ghosts, according to Hans Holzer, are entities who for some reason are stuck, "between worlds" in their location for some traumatic reason related to their passing. HTH
Best,
Rob
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
Hi Different444

From what I've read on this site and other sources, I've come to the conclusion that, physically, mentally and emotionally "weaker" people (for lack of a better term, apologies if I've offended anybody) tend to attract a lot more supernatural activity, I think fear plays a huge part on what chooses to reveal itself, because certain entities feed of people's fears.

I've also read in one of your comments about hearing 3 knocks on your door, I've also experienced the same thing years ago and have posted my story on here, the first time it happened was about a few days after my grandfather passed away.
Different444 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-08)
[at] rajine Thank you for your insight that is an interesting perspective. Maybe after I saw the first entity, they were like she can see us? And just kept coming lol.

I should add I struggle with mental health since I was very young. I've always had the thought in the back of my mind that they are attracted to me because of that.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-07)
It is definitely unnerving to have to encounter something like that, while the ghosts in your story definitely look scary and creepy, they don't seem to be doing or acting in a way that makes them seem malevolent, more curious than evil, from what I've read.
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-04)
Not sure if you are religious, but I encourage you to call out to Jesus if you encounter another demon. When I experience demonic dreams I always call out Jesus's name and the demons flee. Whether you believe in God or not I encourage you to try it.
Different444 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-03)
Yes, I read it and although the appearance is similar (but my encounters didn't have a third hole for the mouth), these entities don't seem to be attached to an object.

Also forgot to mention this in the post. A few days ago I was home alone and heard 3 distinct knocks. There wasn't anyone there and security cameras didn't catch anyone. But I heard it clear as day as if it were right behind me. Researching this phenomenon leads to many different theories so I'm not sure what to believe. Some say it's good, but a lot say it's demonic.
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-02)
You should check out one of the stories I posted. My mother was haunted by a girl in a white dress who had black holes for eyes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: