You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Newly Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Newly Haunted House

 

My aunt lives with her husband in a house in New Jersey. I went there one time and I never seen anything scary, but all of a sudden it is haunted? My grandparents like to visit my aunt's house sometimes and one time my grandfather went for a visit. He said that he was talking to my aunt and her husband when all of a sudden all three of them heard a girl's voice say "Hello!" My aunt said that the voice sounded like the girl's voice that is the daughter of one of her friends, but the daughter was not visiting the house that day. They eventually shrugged it off, and kept on with their conversation.

My grandfather decided to go downstairs with my aunt's husband to the basement. She has a pretty big basement so family like to go downstairs and hang there too. They were playing dominoes and just talking when my grandfather sensed someone on the stairs. He looked and he saw a girl, but he didn't see her face. He only could see her from stomach down, so basically he was able to tell that she was wearing a white dress. Eventually she went away, but my aunt's husband didn't see it. He explained it to my aunt and my aunt decided that her house was haunted. The thing that makes no kind of sense is that the house is haunted right now, but it wasn't haunted for all the years she's had it. Nobody died recently in the family, or they don't live near a cemetery.

The story wasn't all that scary, but it is interesting enough to tell about. I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dandyxoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lollipop101 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
maybe you should research their houses histroy. Maybe someone died in the house? I hope you do find something.
Good luck 😁
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
[at] jzinck Hmmmm another good point. Alot of my grandparents have ghost stories. I should ask him if anything has happened to him at his house, if something did happen maybe this ghost is just attached to him:)
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
[at] otteer Thanks for ejoying the story:) 😁
[at] justcurious I never heard of a traveling spirit. Thanks for the info. That could also possibly be an observation. I haven't been in touch with my aunt recently, but I should ask her if there has been any other activity:) It there wasn't, perhaps the ghost was just traveling like you said.
[at] Lilady4 I should ask my aunt if she redecorated. Thanks for commenting:)
[at] redphx that is what I'm thinking:)
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Could be attatched to your grnadfather. Seems like he is the one who has experienced a few things. Talk to him, he may have a few other creepy experiences for you as well!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Good story! Thats a stumper for me, all hauntings begin eventually, but, its true it could be a wandering spirit.

Thanks for sharing! ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I have to agree with BadJuuJuu and redphx. The Spirits could of been attached to something that was bought in (furniture, etc), or maybe renovations to the house could've caused these occurances. I was also thinking that the Spirit could've attached themselves to a family member or your aunt.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I want to add on also that it could be a traveling spirit. I know the idea that BadJuuJuu sounds really good, and I agree that that could be a possible reason as to why the spirit is just now becoming active.

I just wanted to add though that maybe the spirit is traveling along and decided to stop and hang out for a while to see what's going on. Is the house still active as far as paranormal activity or has it seemed to die down?

Peace
JustCurious
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
[at] badjuujuu

That is a very good point. My aunt and her husband do have old things in their house, like old small statues/decorations. Perhaps this girl is attached to one of them. Well, anyway, thanks for commenting!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
That is a good point. The girl is most likely attached to something that was recently brought into the house.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Have they made any changes or renovations to the house recently? Changing a house will sometimes stir up previously quiet ghosts. Also, the girl could be attached, not to the house, but to something in the house. If your aunt and her husband collect antiques or buy stuff from garage sales/flea markets, etc, the girl could have come into the house that way. It's also possible that she just liked a member of the household and followed them home. It's not always easy to figure out why or how activity is happening.
Hope this gives you an idea or two to go on though. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: