You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Messages From The Newly Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Messages From The Newly Dead

 

It was 1991 as I recall. An unknown member of my extended family sought to gather the clan by organizing a family reunion. I was contacted by this person, a second cousin, and invited to attend. This was a bit unusual as our family had scattered across the country long before the invention of the personal computer and the internet. I would like to say that family members were not prone to letter writing and had lost touch, but that would be untrue. Actually, we were/are the fighting Scots-Irish, and familial battles were apparently commonplace, with anger, belligerence and grudges carried to the grave. Generations came and went. In short, I attended the reunion but knew no one.

And so I travelled from Virginia to Ohio to meet the folks. It was a very brief gathering but pleasant enough. I met an unknown first cousin, Nona, and her husband, Larry (names changed). We seemed to get on well enough and we agreed to meet in the future. A pleasant relationship developed and continued over the years, even though I spent significant time abroad.

With the passing of time Larry and Nona's health declined, and it became necessary to spend significant amounts of time caring for them. We came to know each other pretty well under the circumstances, and I shared some of the details of a near-death (like) experience I'd had in 1989. Larry listened but wasn't quite convinced. He didn't think me a liar, but couldn't quite believe the things I described to him.

Larry's health dwindled away as months became years. Numerous hospitalizations made clear to all that his condition was non-survivable. Larry, most of all, knew his personal clock was ticking. That clock stopped at 1:37AM on a day in May 2016. Larry passed on in an Ohio hospital with his eldest son at his side, playing his dad's favorite music on an IPod or smart phone.

That same morning I awoke in my Kentucky home unaware that Larry was gone. The day was routine except that I found my digital wristwatch had stopped. Later in the day his son called to tell me that Larry was gone. He was with his father at the moment of death, which was, as stated, 1:37AM. A medial doctor later confirmed the time of death, although the official time was a few minutes later.

My watch stopped the instant of Larry's death. I had recently put a new battery in my watch and doubt this was a natural stoppage. Even if my watch failed on its own, what are the chances of it stopping at that particular instant? To be certain of the time of Larry's death I double checked to confirm. It was a "dead on" match.

I think Larry stopped my watch. His message to me was, I believe, "I'm alive, I made it and I'm OK." The dead, it seems, are not nearly as dead as we tend to believe.

Let's take a few moments and put a bit of frosting on this cake. About the time Larry's health was taking a serious turn, a friend and neighbor, Carlos, was going through the same thing with his older sister, Pearl (names changed). Her health became worse and Carlos made a number of trips to help his sister with various things. Near death several times, she eventually passed and Carlos attended the funeral. Shortly after her funeral his cell phone began to receive messages from Pearl's cell phone. There were at least three contacts and he showed them to me. There was nothing of substance, just static, gibberish or silence.

Carlos is a workman sort of fellow, a bright guy but not a reader. He has no paranormal interest and is not a religious man. He came to me with his phone and was clearly distressed over his sister's apparent contacts from beyond. He was convinced he was being contacted by the dead. Face to face and eye to eye he told me those very words. Carlos was being contacted from the grave.

None of this is dramatic or new news to some who visit here. I do believe, however, these are good examples of contacts from the recently deceased. I remain convinced that life does not end with physical death.

Other hauntings by MrRiggs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrRiggs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-11)
Hi MrRiggs,

I don't think it's a trick of recent memory, not after all these months. The timing seems significant. In just over a week from today, it will be the anniversary of her passing. Perhaps she was indeed saying "hello", letting you know she was there.

But it doesn't seem as if your friend senses her presence though, which could be why she reached out to you. Sometimes, these happenings could be intended for us to pass on a message of comfort to loved ones, who might not be as receptive. You will know in your heart the right words to say, when the time is right.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-12-10)
On December 8, 2020 I called an old friend around 8:00PM. His wife answered with her usual cheery "Hello." About the time she hit the "o" in hello her husband answered on an extension.

My friends wife died on the 21st of December, 2019.

I asked who the woman was as I thought l heard a woman's voice. There were no women there, he said. He wasn't interested in another woman just yet.

I've known that couple for 49 years. We have shared thousands of telephone calls. His wife normally answered the phone. I know her voive as well as I know my own. She said one word - "Hello."

The dead are not nearly as dead as we think they are.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-11)
Fergie,

Thank you for sending me your personal story about messages from the grave.

I would like you know that as the father of a daughter, my youngest child, my heart sorrows at learning of your daughter's passing. There are no words known to me that can truly comfort such a loss. I suspect you have many friends here. Take heart that your loss is shared amongst caring souls.

In writing this story I was simply passing on my experience to other folks who have an interest in such things. I did not expect to have accounts such as yours sent in response. Those responses are clearly more significant than the information I presented initially. You and other contributors have gotten my full attention.

I have searched the internet using "telephone calls from the dead" and "phone calls from the dead" as the topic. I found loads of information that indicate to me that this phenomenon is more common and widespread than I expected. It has also been the topic of science fiction and paranormal writers. The American television series "Twilight Zone" aired at least one episode with telephone calls from the dead as the subject. The time frame for that program was the late 1950's-early 1960's.

The dead are apparently not as dead as most people generally believe. My view is that human bodies fail due to illness, accident or age. The occupant departs to another location. We process the body and mourn the loss, sometimes in despair and agony. In reality, the occupant has moved on rather than becoming truly deceased.

I have been out of my body a dozen times. When that happened I was still me. The only change was not carrying a load of bone and muscle around with me. I think at death the out of body experience become permanent as it relates to that particular body.

I do not believe the dead to be dead. I think they are as alive as we are. We are simply no longer co-located in the flesh. That they choose to communicate is no longer a surprise. After having multiple out of body experiences and an NDE, I believe graveside sorrow to be natural, but it need not be heart rending. Loved ones live and we will see them again.

All personal opinion, of course. All are welcome to disagree and/or share their views as we come together to share and learn.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-11)
MrRiggs, I have read all your submissions with interest. If I haven't commented before, it is because I didn't have anything intelligent to say, or anything to add. This time I do.

Shortly after our youngest daughter, Angel, passed away, her worldly goods were packed up and removed from her house, many of them to be put in storage at our house. Her cellphone was switched off and locked in our gun-safe, in our bedroom. A couple of nights later, we were awakened by the ringing of a phone - coming from the safe. My husband unlocked the safe in a 'panic' - the phone was still switched off.

Thank you for reminding me of this event. I somehow forgot to record it in my journal. I think this was the first of our "Messages from beyond the grave". 🤔
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-12)
MrRiggs - Your clarifications have made much of what you wrote earlier clearer. I understand that what we have been discussing has been off the topic of your account. I need to add that I have no trouble grasping ideas if they are presented in a linear and clear fashion as your most recent response was. If a comment is clouded by vagueness and hints at things the writer cannot discuss, it makes understanding what that person hopes to convey much more difficult to grasp. If you percieve a skepticism in some of my comments it comes from having dealt with many false accounts and comments over the years on this site.

I am very glad we can continue a dialogue off this site. Please let me know more abour your NDE via my email at mjshannon67 [at] att.net
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-12)
Manafon1 -

Let's see if I can help you get a more complete grasp of what I have been sharing with you.

The psychic who did my reading apparently did not know who was going to die. It seems to me that she believed that she saw death occurring near me. I did not participate in, cause or contribute to the death of a foreign president. He died in an assassination two or three days after I left him. Assassination is common in that part of the world, and is an occupational hazard for high ranking public officials.

Communication with the psychic was made difficult by a language barrier. I am not a fluent Arabic speaker, she was not skilled with the English language.

I think she saw conflict in my future and that I would have enemies. In that conflict it was not necessary to take a life to destroy an enemy. Politicians are rather adept at non-lethal removal of their opponents. It is not necessary to be a politician to utilize those skills.

Was engaging in conflict inconsistent with the content of my NDE? Yes, of course it was. Will this cause difficulty in my future? Yes, I should think so.

Although this thread was created to share information on after death electronic communication initiated by the deceased, I am willing to answer your questions regarding my NDE. I am not willing to discuss the contents of my entire NDE within this thread because it would not be relate to the topic at hand, and would simply take too long.

Other than that, I have no objection to entering into discussion with you. You seem to have a genuine interest in the paranormal and apparently seek to increase your personal knowledge. I share that with you and there is no reason why we cannot enjoy fair exchange.

My career was in a somewhat closed and secretive occupation. That information is not open to discussion. There are things I will be vague or opaque about. What I did professionally had no direct connection to the paranormal.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
MarvinScott -

Thanks for sharing your story. While I presented all the information I had on this subject, in sum, it is both vague and open to speculation.

You have provided a personal experience that is far more substantive. As far as I'm concerned, you have provided verification that electronic contact initiated by the dead to the living happens. I am grateful to you for taking time to share such a meaningful personal story.

Years ago this very topic was raised on television in science fiction and paranormal programs. The timeline would have been the 1950's through the early 1960's. I suspect that was before your time.

I may have something on DVD. If I do, I'll be glad to send it on to you. I think you might enjoy it.

MrRiggs
MarvinScott (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
I find the story of the cell phone call very believable as the exact same thing happened when my paternal grandfather died. He and my mother were not the closest, and I remember about 2 weeks after his death in 1970, she was giving my dad a hard time about his father when the phone rang. I will never forget the look on her face or the fear in her voice when she stated that is was my grandfather asking for my dad. The ribbing ended that very day. Thanks for a good read.
Marty
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
MrRiggs - I wanted to clarify that when I referred to a vagueness in your answers that didn't include your description of the presence you encountered. The cloud-like mass you saw concealing the entity's face is something that has been reported and has a parallel in psychical lirerature. For instance when a deceased loved one, say a son, comes to visit a mother after their death they are sometimes seemingly framed in a cloud-like matter. On occasion it also includes the shoulders and part of the torso as well.

Perhaps what you witnessed was a similar phenomenon.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
MrRiggs - Thanks for responding and for clarifying that there were two encounters and what you meant by destroying your enemies. It wasn't at all clear what you meant in your earlier comment. As I wrote previously, and I don't think I was off base, your life is filled much drama and I can add intrigue.

Sadly the vagueness of your answers regarding any sort of details makes a continued discussion here on YGS impossible. Since it seems it is your complete desire to return to the place you found yourself during your NDE again, it might be best to not feel, "a personal satisfaction and savoring", in visiting your enemies grave. Doesn't that seem like an attitude that will get you another verbal reaming once back on "the other side"?

The thing here is that you have said a lot of things in vague and sketchy terms. You desire privacy regarding what you did and, I assume, continue to do. It does seem that the psychic wasn't at all sure who was going to die around you. People have other people within their orbit die with regularity. I am not clear as to why you think this death was attributable to you. There is no need to answer that though.

As I wrote earlier, best of luck to you.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Manafon1 -

Just caught your remarks about killing. That is a bit unexpected so let me provide you an answer that is considerably less violent.

I had no known enemies at the time of the psychic reading I described previously. When I was told someone close to me would die I was somewhat surprised. My immediate concern was for my children. The reader asked before we started if I wanted to know all, or if I preferred her to keep unpleasant things hidden. I wanted to know and so told her. Now I wanted to know what death she was talking about. So, I asked if the person to die was one of my kids. She did something common in her culture... She rocked her head back, raised her eyebrows and emitted a clicking sound with her tongue. Then she lowered her head and said "Maybe."

It turned out to be someone else.

I worked in a cutthroat occupation that was high risk and high gain/loss. Her prediction turned out to be true. Enemies did develop and an ugly war of sorts began. There was much confrontation and bureaucratic bloodletting. Career casualties developed on both sides. There was considerable hostile give and take between groups. I survived but was considerably tarnished. The other team took one dead, one imprisoned, numerous careers derailed and substantial embarrassment was felt from the personal ranks to the uppermost organizational positions.

I experienced the personal heartfelt satisfaction and savoring of visiting my enemy's grave. War is ugly and casualties take place. I'm glad it was him and not me.

Both sides still exist years after hostilities began, and the conflict continues to a lesser degree. It is an undertaking that lasted not only the length of long careers, but will last as long as the participants live. Residue from this still makes news today. Don't bother asking how or where.

It is no wonder the reader screamed, dropped the coffee cup like a hot coal, paled and then nearly collapsed. At the time it was a mystery. Today, in hindsight, her reading results, and her reaction, are much more clear.

My weapon in this conflict was the written word well presented. That ability worked a little too well and contributed to my spending 40 minutes in another location. A portion of that time was very unpleasant.

None of this has anything to do with ghosts. My interests lie elsewhere. I am looking for answers to questions pertaining to other types of experiences. I have had a few encounters that may fit this forum and don't mind sharing them, especially if is helpful to someone. Lingering here in ghost stories is not a personal priority.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
Manafon1 -

Had to step away from this for a bit. Some of these memories, no, these experiences, were somewhat intense. Recalling them includes unpleasant feelings that have left some invisible scars.

When I went through the 40 minute NDE, the being that was wrathfully addressing me had his head (and face) surrounded by a small personal cloud. Sometimes it was nearly white or white. Other times it was thick and darker, like the smoke used in a military smokescreen. In the entire time I was there I never saw his face.

I often think of the biblical phrase "He will make His face to shine upon you." Well, it wasn't shining that day. Or "Blessed be the peacemakers for they shall see God." I had not been taken there to receive glad tidings or best wishes. I was called back, to use a biblical term, to be upbraided. That was certainly accomplished.

In a totally different experience I was confronted by an invisible being. I could feel the presence, which just radiated energy. I wanted one thing, it wanted another. There was conflict. I won the encounter but lost the war and paid a price.

As you can see, two totally different encounters. They were, by the way, separated by almost 20 years. I will write about both. Sharing may be helpful to someone and my carrying it to the grave benefits no one.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-09)
MrRiggs - Hope you are still planning on participating in answering questions because another point could use some clarification. In one of your earlier responses to me you stated, "I did indeed have a confrontational contact with an invisible entity and there was a struggle." However, in a later reply you state, "the contact was face to face and personal, though his face was kept hidden from me for the entire experience."

Were there two entities that you confronted or were there two experiences, one in which the entity was invisible and one in which it was visible but concealing its face? As you have stated that you are open to questions I hope you will answer this one and the ones I asked in my previous comment.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to a continuing discussion.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
MrRiggs - As you state you were given a directive to write about your experience, maybe you should consider writing a book. That could then be reviewed and disseminated in a way that would potentially reach people who are searching for an in depth analysis of the type of experience you went through. The comments on YGS and even writing an account on this site, or one of its sister sites, may reach people the world over but not specifically people who are searching for your very specific type of story. I believe Scott Grant is planning on writing a book about his NDE.

You wrote that one of the reasons you are on YGS is to learn if answes exist. I hope you will at least look at the account I mentioned in my last comment to you. I have attempted to engage in a dialogue with you but don't know anyhing about psychics reading futures in Arabic coffee cups. Not sure what to make of you remarking that the psychic told you, "She stated I would destroy all of my enemies. That came true and is still happening." Are you suggesting that this NDE has given you the ability to kill people? Do you mean psychically or by your own hands?

I have to say that I have read extensively on paranormal subjects, investigated haunted locations with two groups and have had many paranormal incidents throughout my life but being the cause of the death of a foreign president is outside of my knowledge. I guess I can just state that I hope you don't now consider me one of your enemies;) There is a lot of drama in your life. Hopefully someone else here on YGS can give you the answer, or answers, you are seeking. Best of luck.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
Manafon1 -

What I have provided is the briefest synopsis of a portion of the experience.

When it was over I lay in my bed, surprised to be alive. I lay in the gloom, weeping softly for 3 days. After I regained my footing and began to get around a bit, I realized something felt odd and out of place. I couldn't really identify what it was. Then it came to me. I had been forgiven my sins.

Would that I were man enough to have maintained that condition.

One of the last things I was told was that if I was to have any hope at all of ever getting back to where I was, that is, where all this took place, I was to write about the experience. It was a directive, not an option.

Many who travel to the other side and return are reluctant to speak, fearing ridicule. For me, the opposite is true. I don't care what people think of me or how irrational this may appear. I cannot keep silent about what happened to me.

Strangely enough, in the time leading up to my NDE, a colleague took a few people involved in what we were doing to a local gifted psychic he knew well. In short, the time came for her to look into my Arabic coffee cup. She looked, screamed in a blood curdling manner and nearly passed out.

That created a scene and she didn't want to talk about what she saw in my cup. She did comment that I didn't think I was lucky, but really was. She said I would destroy all of my enemies. That came true and is still happening. She also said someone near me would die. Three or four days later they were dead. But those things are not what drove her over the edge. She wouldn't say, but she kept glancing my way for the rest of the visit.

About two years later I came across her and one of her sisters in a parking lot. They dropped everything and charged at me, shouting "We told you someone near you would die!" They repeated it several times and were quite agitated.

That person was a newly elected president of a foreign country.

I cannot account for the how or why these things happen. I do not understand the mechanism at work. Part of the reason I am here is to learn if answers exist.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
MrRiggs - Thanks for giving some detail of your NDE. What you wrote reminded me of a fascinating back and forth conversation I had with another YGS member by the name of ScottGrant. Please look up his account here on YGS under the title "The Great Samsara". Once there read the comments. Like you Scott is 70 and has led a life that has taken him around the world. He is an author and experienced an NDE when he was severely wounded while serving in the Vietnam War.

Scott Grant looks at his NDE through the lens of Buddhism. In the Tibetan Book of the Dead there is what is described as the "bardo". This is, "a state of existence intermediate between two lives on earth." Reading what you briefly described going through in your unpleasant NDE, the "reaming of a lifetime, as you put it, it seems possible that you were experiencing the "sidpa bardo".

During the period between one's physical lives (as in Buddhism reincarnation is central) "one experiences a variety of phenomena. These usually follow a particular sequence of degeneration from, just after death, the clearest experiences of reality of which one is spiritually capable, and then proceeding to terrifying hallucinations that often arise from the impulses of one's previous unskillful actions."

This latter bit sounds not dissimilar to the entity you encountered during your NDE who berated you. That is something that would certainly stick with a person. Another, more prosaic possibility, is that as you were suffering from a "severe illness" you might have had terrifying hallucinations brought about by a high fever. In other words, a vivid fever dream. I just suggest this as another possibility.

In the end, what you experienced effected you profoundly.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
Thank you, Rook. I'll be mindful of your suggestion and keep a close watch.

I have not kept a journal as I never thought it would be needed. I was just someone who had the occasional experience along psychic lines, then out of body experiences. Ghosts were not a personal interest, just something I blundered into.

The near death thing was in an entirely different league and largely unforgettable.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
MrRiggs,

Only time will tell if it was a curser 'glitch' or 'interference' from 'paranormal' sources... This is why Journals are so important... If the glitch returns, then it is possible the iPad malfunctioned HOWEVER if it ONLY glitches when you try to write up this (or other experiences you may care to share) then the evidence mounts...

I have found your submissions and Comments very refreshing, thank you for sharing with us here on YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
Here is something for those that are interested in the paranormal to consider:

I was in the process of typing a condensed version of a segment of my near death experience for this thread when the curser on my IPad locked up. I could no longer write, though the rest of the IPad appeared to work fine. This has never happened before, and I have never had an issue of any type with this IPad.

Was this a fluke or some type of intentional paranormal interference? I don't know, but if it was intended to stop what I was doing, the timing was perfect.

A couple of other things have happened this morning to delay my writing. I can't help but wonder.

Manafon1:

In the briefest of answers, the contact was face to face and personal, though His face was kept hidden from me during the entire experience. Communication was very natural and apparently telepathic. This was an out of the flesh encounter and no physical speech was possible.

What I had was a confrontational undertaking and they were doing the confronting. There was very little in the way of exchange, no happy heavenly scenes and no contact with departed family members. In plain language I got the reaming of a lifetime. I was scared then and I'm still scared.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
RANDYM - Email sent per your request. Please check your spam folder and feel free to reach out.

Best,

Mr.Riggs
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
MrRiggs - I would suggest that there are many accounts on YGS that don't specifically deal with "ghosts". There are accounts detailing encounters with elementals/nature spirits, voices, strange sounds and many more. I do of course understand your desire to post it on one of the YGS sister sites.

I brought up your near death experience because you have mentioned it and others have mentioned an interest in what you experienced. Another YGS member, ScottGrant, also had a near death experience that he briefly outlined on YGS. There is absolutely no need to be so defensive. Even if I wanted to give you a polygraph test, there would be no easy way for me to have that done. That and I am not calling you a liar! I assume a large majority of accounts on this side have small inaccuracies, unless a journal has been kept. Many here do that. Like you, I don't although I have at certain points in my life.

You wrote in your reply to me that you are open to questions from anyone and I do have one. You stated in your reply to lady-glow that during your near death experience you were informed that your skill with the written word was given to you as a gift to be used for good, "when I misused it I was taken to task. It was very unpleasant." Were you taken to task by an entity that you could see or was it done in some sort of a telepathic manner like a visitation dream? I am interested.

Like RANDYM, I would also be extremely interested in further details of your near death experience, as like you, I am a member of this site to engage with people from other cultures and with different perspectives on anything that falls under the rubric of the "paranormal".
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
Mr Riggs
Another pleasure as always. I for one would be very interested in what you would be willing to share in regards to your 40 minutes spent on the other side.
Perhaps via email? Randy40505 [at] gmail.com
When you have the time of course and thank you ahead of time

Enjoyed your latest
Thanks for sharing
Randy
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
Manafon1 -

My life has included experiences that have been unusual. Paranormal is the word that seems the best fit. When I share these experiences in personal conversation people tend to listen politely but may not necessarily by interested. Some have been put off by the topic. I have longed to share with others so people may learn and know what is possible duting the human experience. I have been more earnest in pursuing this of late because of my age. At 70 it is obvious that my time to do this is limited. It was with this intent that I found YGS during an internet search,

YGS seems an excellent platform to do this. YGS reaches out to a world-wide audience of people who are interested in the paranormal. There are limitations at play at YGS that I feel compelled to respect. YGS has forums for spiritual and psychic stories, as well as out of body experiences. I have information to share in all these areas, and intend to place that material where it belongs, as requested by YGS management. By doing this I hope to share my experiences with the most appropriate and interested readers.

Crucial in all of this is truth and accuracy. Through truth, learning and understanding are possible. To be gained from this is substantive and credible knowledge of the subject matter. Fiction or fabrication are counterproductive to that goal as they steal away the truth and interfere with human understanding. I will not be party to it.

My contact with ghosts has been very limited. I did indeed have a confrontational contact with an invisible entity and there was a struggle. I have no factual knowledge of what that entity was. Because I do not know what the creature was, I will willingly share it on this forum with those who may be interested. It is my hope that someone will be able to provide an identification based on their experience.

Yes, I will share information on my near-death (like) experience. That story will be presented via the Spiritual platform, not here among ghost stories. There were no ghosts involved and it would be out of place and inappropriate here.

In conclusion, I will add that condensing the experiences of a lifetime cannot be accomplished in a few short stories consisting of several brief paragraphs. The 40 minutes I spent "on the other side" require a book, but I'm happy to share highlights or key points with those who may be interested.

How real are the things I bring to YGS? I offer this:

In an out of body experience that began in a dream state, I witnessed my brother being attacked and murdered in a Hawaiian augercane field. So I flew to Hawaii and met with 2 local detectives that worked the case. As I was a senior law enforcement and counterintelligence professional I had no difficulty doing this. The bottom line is that what I saw took place as I saw it. The single exception was that my brother had not been killed in the attack. (Sorry, no ghost in that one.)

I will willingly submit to a polygraph examination for anything I present here. As these are taken from memory it is possible that I may have erred slightly regarding dates or times.

I'm open to questions from anyone. I believe the intent of the forum is to share experiences and I welcome that opportunity.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
MrRiggs - Your accounts have been interesting and you seem sincere describing various paranormal incidents that have touched your life along with your desire to share what you have experienced here on YGS. I have read your accounts and comments with interest but a few questions have presented themselves in doing this.

Clicking on your info page here on YGS you state, "I was taken to the other side for 40 minutes following a severe illness. I encountered a spiritual entity that resulted in a contest of wills and a physical struggle." You then responded to a query by EmmalineTexas, when she asked you to describe in more detail what happened, that you will but not on YGS but a more "appropriate platform."

However, going back to the info you gave about yourself here on YGS, you wrote, "What I will write here happened to me - I pass it on that you might know what is possible during our earthly existence." Since you're not going to describe what happened to you in your out of body experience I am curious why you are here if not to discuss everything this site encapsulates?

It seems like you want to "tease" the readers. The question would be why? Let's talk about what we have have experienced and our thoughts on existence and the paranormal. There is no need to hold things back.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
lady-glow -

Thank you, as I think I detect a compliment woven into your words. If so, please understand that any skill you may perceive with the written word is not my own, but a gift. I was told so during a near death (like) experience I had in December 1989. It was given to be used for good; when I misused it I was taken to task. It was most unpleasant.

That aside, there is a simple technique I use when I write. I unzip my heart and tell the truth.

I claim no personal experience with death and therefore can only speculate. I have had multiple out of body experiences though, and can say that there is remarkable freedom of movement when free of the flesh. Life simply continued minus blood and bone.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
"None of this is dramatic or new news to some who visit here..."

Coming from your pen (keyboard?), even the most ordinary story is a pleasure to read, and by this I don't mean that your experience is ordinary, it is fascinating when recently deceased people have no problem finding a way to communicate with their loved ones. It makes me wonder if they enjoy their new found abilities and if they are aware of the freedom that comes after vacating their body.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: