You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 18 Years In A Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

18 Years In A Haunted House

 

The house I got bought up in for 18 years always had strange things going on! I want to share a few of my experiences!

My parents bedroom that later became my room was the room with most activity. We would always hear someone walking up and down the stairs and into that room. My dog wouldn't like coming up the stairs! When the room became mine I used to always feel like someone was there.

I have a pine bed and at night when I was falling asleep it would feel as though someone was holding one of the legs and shaking it. I used to think this was my mind playing tricks but once we moved it never happened again.

I remember coming home one night and no one was in. I sat in the living room waiting for my family and could hear someone up stairs and the sound of hangers moving in the wardrobe, my family came back and the noises were still happening. My mum went up to check and no one was there. We all slept in the same room that night!

Another time I had fallen asleep in the lounge and woke and stretched my arms back and something held onto my hand, no one was there!

I also remember coming out the bathroom and heard crying from my younger brother's room, I ran downstairs to ask my mum why he was crying but he was there in the garden with her and no one else was in the house!

These are only a few things that happened! I never saw anything but I am 100% sure there was more than one person haunting, I always felt like it was a Man and a child!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Candicelt86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

klll (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
hi, I'm a journalism student in London, and am currently covering supernatural experiences for a forthcoming magazine.

This story really stuck out and if there is anyway to contact you for an interview, that would be really good.

If you are willing to tell me about your experiences, contact me on my email: kendal.lucy.beynon [at] gmail.com

Thankyou!
Kendal
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
I've read this over again, and I've changed my mind. Rookdygin's idea of being a residual is very convincing.

(Sorry about my first answer, I was kind of angry that day)
Highnoon (9 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hey Candice,

My name is Ed -- I'm a writer working on a prospective new TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (site: www.dtotl.com). This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal.

Currently we're compiling episodes for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating ghost stories around the world -- it's for that reason that I came across your spooky story.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts recreated?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

Thanks again for your time - please email me at the contact details in my profile if you're interested (edjory [at] gmail.com).
Unfriendly (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
From the sounds of it it's probably not of human origin. It could likely be the house was on a travelling route between the homes of elementals. The ancient celts rarely built their homes between what they called "fairy mounds" and when they did they'd make sure the doors and windows were left open so nature spirits could pass through easily.
Or perhaps the house was just built on a nesting ground, who knows, but it was certainly nothing dangerous.
ghosty_girl10 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
I'm not sure of what I'm going to say but I had some experiences like that too...

1. Maybe some died in that house before you came
2. Maybe it was built over a hundreds of years ago
3. Or maybe it was some kind of ghost seeking for friends or seeking for help...

One of my sayings maybe the reason why that house is haunted for years...
Lucas (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Hey, sounds like a active place! Seems like the spirits were playful. Things you mentioned were very similiar to the things I experienced in my old home, where was this house located if I may ask?
Candicelt86 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Thank you all for your comments!

Rook I totally agree that there wasn't any anger, I never ever felt threatened at all, at times I was scared but that was down to the fact I didn't want to see something unknown to me and not because of what was going on. I think he was just making himself known. A lot of what was happening was quite routine everyday, hearing a door open and walking up the stairs around the same time. Like it was his house also!
The house is about 80 years old, I only know of the neighbours that lived there before us who would say the same stories and believe they saw a man on the stairs.
We never made any changes to the house, the only thing my mum moved downstairs and I moved into her room which was the room everyone felt something present the most. Maybe that's why he reached out to touch my hand so I would no it was ok, I don't no but he definitely wasn't angry at all
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Candicelt86,

Do you know the history of the House? I believe you may be right and that it could be a Boy and a Man... The boy is a residual haunting, an imprint left by the Man and the Man is an active Haunting...

The crying from the bed room could be a residual impression from the Man's childhood. The Man grew up in the house and now having passed away he has not passed on. That is way you felt him hold your hand.

Was there any remodeling going on when you felt him 'hold your hand?'.

I do not feel this is an angry Spirit and I'm wondering where this impression came from... I just do not see it in the story...

I see where the use of a 'Board' was 'shouted down' so to speak... I have to agree with Miracles... If you choose to use one please follow all the 'rules' and never, ever use it alone. There are other ways to communicate with Ghosts... Try an EVP session first... Set up a video camera with a mike and ask them to 'show themselves when you are out of the house... Contact a Medium see if they will come to your home and attempt to contact the spirit.

Again, I do not get the impression that this is a mean or angry spirit (ghost). Please keep us informed of any upates or changes.

Respectfully,

Rook
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Cool experiences. Seems like you might of had other people becides yourselves residing in your home. Couldn't be too bad, they were with you for 18 years. I'm sure they got as use to you as you did them.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
This activity does not seem startling or dangerous to me, just your typical haunt/Spirit visitation. Nothing to be truly worried about. Only if the activity gets really violent. E.g. Throwing stuff around at you, etc.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
This 'man' definitely sounds like an angry spirit.

I would say every physical experience with these ghosts seem to be the man. He may not like you (as in, you and your family) living in this house.
The grabbing of your arm really freaked me out!
First thing I thought was he was trying to bring you into their world.

The crying I would think is the child. Maybe he's sad your little brother is the 'living baby' (so to speak) of the house, where maybe the ghost child originally was...

GhostFox
twilightrunner (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
It's probably an anger ghost, and might want revenge, does your house have history of people dieing there?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Could be a combination of a residual and intelligent haunt. I'm glad its not bothering you now you have moved. Some homes are just active. Thanks for sharing! ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Excuse me, Candicelt, for just a moment. Gotta address Fire_Fairy's comment.

Fire_Fairy - typically we try not to encourage the use of ouija boards. But if you are going to suggest someone use the board to contact spirits, make sure you follow that suggestion with all the rules that go along with using a ouija board. Bad things can and do happen if the rules aren't followed.

This comment from Fire_Fairy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Lollipop101 - http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-ghost-and-poltergeist/ has a part in the article that doest throw out the idea that Poltergeists and aggressive spirits can be the same, however the one thing is that they can't make themselves visible as a regular ghost can.

Peace
JustCurious
Lollipop101 (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
well I wouldn't say its a poltergeist but it does sound like quite an aggressive spirit. And yes I agree with juju92, you should look up and resarch about your house and its pastxx good luck!
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
hey
You should know what happen there before
And try to find out who was that man and the child you talked about... I mean ghost they don't just hang around the house for no reason good luck
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Sounded mainly like you had a poltergeist. (not sure if I spelt that right). They mainly make more noise and move things around to let you know they are there and don't typically try and do anything to you physically. Though they can be some what creepy or scary at times.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: