You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Who Is Emily?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is Emily?

 

I remember being just a toddler. I loved to lie in my crib, and just watch the world go round. I didn't know everyone in my family; my sisters were like strangers to me.

One night, I was lying in my crib. I saw a girl with long black hair and a pink dress. She was smiling, but not in a bad way. I assumed it was one of my sisters, as she continued to watch over me while I sleep for so many years.

I turned four, and it was the day of my birthday. I saw my mom, my dad and TWO sisters. I asked my mom where "Emily" was, but I'm still not sure how I automatically knew her name. My mom's face drained with color, so then I knew. No Emily, no three sisters, but the little girl I couldn't explain.

As I got older (11 years), Emily got tormenting. I was in my basement with my friend, and we automatically heard the door slam. The room was pitch black, and my friend and I were terrified. I felt a sudden pain on my arm, then the door swung open and we ran. When I looked down at my arm, there were like five different teeth marks up my arm. I still have the scars today, and plenty of pictures.

I plan to post more of my stories, very soon. So while you wait, can someone explain to me what is happening me in my childhood home, and what traumatized me in my entire childhood?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cort2299, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Martystardust (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Apologies - I don't know why I put Hi "Emily" - So sorry Cort2299...
Martystardust (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Hi Emily - I too remember right back to when I was really young - I know some people don't but I can go back to having my nappie changed, being in a cot - way back really early - I too have some strange experiences from these times that I haven't put up here yet, but will do shortly. But I believe you can remember back that far due to my own experiences. 😊
Unfriendly (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I agree with deviousangel, it's likely two seperate entities. Now that you're older and more capable have you tried tracking down the 2nd Emily to deal with it?
EcstaticAllison (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-03)
You should really ask your mom about Emily like everyone else has said... With her expression shes bound to know something.
I think Emilys just jealous and might miss the attention she use to get from you when you were a child.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
Thanks for sharing your experience. I, too am wondering if your mom knew about "Emily" somehow, since she reacted the way she did, or if it was just that the idea that you were communicating with someone she didn't know of that freaked her out. If it was indeed a spirit that attacked you, I don't get the feeling that it was Emily. I think Emily was watching over you as a child, and perhaps this entity that bothered you was a separate entity, perhaps somehow involved with Emily's demise. Have you done any research on your home or its previous occupants?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
What is sounds like to me is that Emily has become jealous and she is acting out. She is still a child too and that is her way of processing information so that you can understand it.

I would follow-up with your family too see if they have any information on her. The reaction you got was that they must know something. Maybe they have had run-ins with her too. You have to tell her to not behave that way and that you don't like being hurt. If she continues to do it tell her to leave.
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Just as with any story it is extreamly hard to explain what I think could have happened because I wasn't there. I was attacked when I was a kid by a spirit but I never got the feeling that I was welcomed where it was. In fact, I went there despite the "creepy" feelings I would get. Please share more of your stories, this one was great!
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Hi Cort2299,

It seems that this ghostly girl does like you or has liked you for all of these years. As the other posters I wonder if any of your family members could tell you more about her? There is something with that name which came straight from your heart! And your mothers reaction to it... Looking forward reading more of your sharings.

Talking to the spirits when their taking a step to far helps most of the time. Prayer can do wonders.

Greetings,
Peter
GhostFox (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
As everyone said before, please, please ask your mother! Possibly, like someone said here, a stillborn child of hers, or her child who died at a youngish age.
But, what about a sister of your mother's?
Please ask her. You will definitely find out this reason!

Now, I'm quick thinking that when you were young, Emily was your Guardian.
Now, she seems to have turned jealous. A little bit.
Tell Emily,
'Emily, I would gladly except you as a guardian. I promise never to forget you. But, if you don't want to be my guardian, please stop hurting me. If you continue to do this, I ask in the name of Jesus Christ you be gone from my life.'
Hope she stops tormenting you!

GhostFox

Foxes are the ghosts of the night...
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Oh my lanta! I'm almost 32 years old & I remember so much of my childhood. I remember my crib. And all the hauntings too. I've been bit and slapped and choked and pushed and smushed. Lol! For real. I wonder who that little girl was that hurt you was, too...

LSD
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I have to agree with Dreamergal. Many people have excellent long term memory. [at] Dreamergal=whats up Monkey! I am IN Lafayette, WHat part of Louisiana are you in?-Mike
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Hello, Be honestly SHe not the only one can remember as a baby I too can remember as a baby so I do believe her to remember some kid who grow up may still remember so I believe so... Emily might be the resident ghost before ya'll live in... Or might be something...

This comment from Ghostchaser363 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
juju92, That's the thing, "The stuff you can't forget".
Cort2299, I have to agree here with "Emily", giving you the friendly vibe early in the years so that as you age she can come more violent.
I am also curiouse as to what your mother's explanation might be. It'd be a grand idea to start there.
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
well I don't know about you people but I don't have any memory problems at all... Iam 18 but I can't remmember what happen when I was 3 or 4 or 5...i only remmember the strange stuff like when my grand ma pass out and fall over me... And hearing gun shots... Just those stuff that you could not forget...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Mrmystery_jasper - I wouldn't be so quick as to claim its a fallen angel from the devil. There are multiple other paranormal beings other then just demons and angels.

Peace
JustCurious
lEVOLlcuttiel (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Wow...how scary. (:
Stuff has happened when I was like 10 or younger mostly to my older bro an sis. My older bro got dragged down the hall, it tired takin him in the mirror he had many dreams of it happening until he finally woke up. An it was true. My older sis was sleepin when she was little an saw I don't know what it was but it was flying over her it was black it tired getting her to go in the closet but she thought followed it but slammed the closet door and ran to my moms room. Lots more happend... (: juss to long to write LOL. Hope it goes away. ❤

This comment from Mrmystery_Jasper is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
lynrinth is offereing a really good idea. Sometimes ghosts might appear friendly in order to make you feel use to them before they start to reveal their true intent.

Peace
JustCurious
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Mmmm...maybe 'Emily' was lulling you into thinking she was harmless, as you age, the friendliness 'gloves' is coming off. Just watch and see what may happen. If anything else occurs that scares, then it's time to tell this ghostie chick, to leave. Pronto.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I believe I was under 3, or certainly just barely 3 when my earliest memory occurred. It is a memory of my mother, and she split up with my dad and moved away with my brother when I was about 2 ish. (No ghosts in it, though, just a memory of me having gas pains and her telling me to lie on my stomach).

I agree with Otteer that Emily would not suddenly turn violent after watching over you for so many years. I think something else bit you. Is there any chance you caught your arm on something sharp and five-pronged? Always gotta look for the "normal" before branching out into the paranormal.

It seems to me your mom knows something about Emily. I would start there.
twilightrunner (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
It probaly wanted it to be your friend, and it got mad, when you where with your other friend.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
If it bit me, I would have freaked! How do you cope with that even today? Please share your others stories!:)

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Ugg, that would scar me for life being bitten like that. When you are attacked, or were attacked, did you ever see Emily?

A gentle ghost gone bad just don't make sense to me. It's possible it's not her. What ever it is, when you are in the family home, find a private area and tell them you are not going to put up with any more contact and to leave you alone. Biting bad.

Best wishes and yes, I would like to know what you mom says about Emily and why her face drained of color when you mentioned her!

Ps...I have memories as a 3 year old, just snap shots in my mind.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Juju92 - I remember watching my Dad putting up my childhood swingset and securing the legs in concrete. I got my swingset for my 3rd birthday. I'm now 56 so that was a long time ago.
Cort2299 - Big question - did you ever ask your Mom about Emily and why she was upset/frightened when you mentioned her name? Did your parents ever have a sister before you named Emily who died in infancy? That was the first thing I thought of - spirits of stillborn or aborted babies or babies who died in infancy will sometimes hang around the family and even "grow up" in Spirit form. There are several stories about this on this website.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
On the submission page it says they'll try and have it open next monday

Peace
JustCurious
Lollipop101 (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
well this is quite strange... It sounds like this'emily' stayed with you for a while. If it was a spirit sometimes they can make attachments to people they sometimes feel like they need to stay with. By the way when will the 'submit your story' be open again? Xx ❤
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
hi cort2299:

I couldn't possibly try to explain your experience. Its fascinating though when people talk about early childhood experiences of seeing deceased family members. A friend of mine told me similar thing when he was about 5, that he told his mum that one of his aunts came to his bedside and was talking to him... He hadn't known at the time that she was dead, I also don't think he even knew her, he didn't think it was anything weird, just his aunt (or gran, I can't quite remember what he said), speaking to him while he was in bed. I did believe him because I've known him since we were kids I knew he wasn't the type to lie about anything. Weird! Lol

Thanks for your story.
😊
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
At juju92:

You said:

"No offinse but how could you possibly remember when your in age 3...honstly I don't believe that part"

Actually, I can remember quite a lot of things from when I was 3, all pretty vague admittedly but I still remember things like "the Banana splits", the moon landings on tv, (obviously I didn't have any understanding of what was going on), I remember my rusk being stolen from the shelf at the back of my bed by my brother, (grrr, that still pees me off, lol) I remember falling down stairs and breaking my arm. I remember our babysitter Valerie, stepping in poo that one of us (not me honest), had done accidently I'm sure. I even remember a dream I had of one of my mums Toby Jug style ornaments with hooks on trying to crawl up my leg and attack me. Just curious but what is the earliest age you can remember? I suppose this would vary greatly with a lot of people.
(I wish this was a normal style forum so I could start a topic, I think it would make an interesting subject) 😊
snowhite (203 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I can understand the scares on your arm and I think Emily might be a jealous little ghost who died in the house you lived when you were little. What I don't understand is how can remember everything when you were so little?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: