You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apartment D-102 On Blueberry Lane

Real Ghost Stories

Apartment D-102 On Blueberry Lane

 

I've read stories on here for ages now and I finally decided to post my own, sadly it's not as entertaining as some I've read, but it's mine!

When I was in high school my mom moved into a bottom floor apartment, D-102, on Blueberry Lane. I came to live with her and my stepdad shortly after; I never felt anything foreboding about the apartment, some things were just a little off, like the feel of the air. I can't recall when, or what, my first experience in the apartment was, but a lot of things happened and we came to call our ghost Vinnie. The story behind the name of our ghost is strange and possibly not paranormal at all, but here goes:

I was out of town for the weekend so I called my mom on her cell to say hi, it rang a bit and a man answered. I thought it was weird she'd let a guy answer my call, maybe she and my step-dad had a friend over, so I asked if my mom was there. The voice on the other end said: maybe, who is this...? I said, well, this is her daughter and this is my mom's phone do you know where she is? He said again, maybe, who is this? I was irritated because I thought this person (who was answering MY mom's phone) was messing with me; there was a playful tone in his voice like he was doing this on purpose, the jerk. I told him my name and I asked if this was Dave I was talking to (a family friend) he said, nope this is Vinnie; at this point I am beyond confused, my parents don't know a guy named Vinnie (I am positive) and it clearly was not Dave. I said, I must have the wrong number so I'll try again, he said maybe I did. (I would like to add here, that I DID NOT have the wrong number, throughout the conversation I checked my phone a few times to make SURE it said "Mom", I was indeed calling her cell phone.)

When I called back my mom answered almost immediately, I asked her who the heck Vinnie was and why she wouldn't talk to me. I was pretty annoyed. She said nobody was there besides my stepdad and her phone didn't ring at all, it was sitting right next to her the entire time. So, crossed lines possibly? I don't know I don't feel like that was the case and neither did my mom. We had already had a few unexplained occurrences by this time and decided the man on the phone was our ghost, thus we named him Vinnie. Another phone experience shortly after, my mom tried to call ME that weekend from the apartment and when she did, she heard a far away (male) voice mocking her saying my name. I did not receive that call until she made a second attempt. We figured Vinnie was having a heyday with the phones that weekend.

Other strange occurrences, things would go missing (typical of a playful spirit!) and the feeling of being watched, or more so followed, when you'd walk down the hallway. I always felt like something was about to grab my shoulder from behind, like there was some kind of tension behind me. I always made sure I walked at my normal speed as opposed to running down the hall, just so whoever it was knew I wasn't afraid. My stepdad had "Vinnie" walk through him at one point in the hallway, he saw a shadow for a split second, felt a rush of cold air and felt as though the wind were knocked out him.

I was also semi-uncomfortable in my room/the house at night after everyone was in bed, I would try and get my mom's dog to sleep in my room with me but most times she wouldn't even go in there if I carried her. One night she did, I had gotten up to get a midnight snack, walked into the kitchen and turned on the light, I saw, very clearly, what I thought was the dog (a tiny runt of a Pomeranian named Baby) run around the corner into the living room. I was so absolutely positive it was Baby that when I was done getting my food I saved her a treat and called out to her. I searched for her in the living room, when she didn't appear I figured she must have gone back into the room and indeed she was there, bundled up and hidden completely under my blankets sleeping the way she was when I left. I was freaked out so badly I woke up my mom who told me it was probably Vinnie, gee, thanks mom, for confirming my fears!

There was a night I heard my name called as well, I was just about to doze off when "Mandy!" comes from the top corner of my ceiling opposite my bed. It was so clear I said "what?" and then jerked fully to consciousness when I realized where it had come from. I said goodnight and that was that.

I never got a bad vibe from this spirit, he liked me. And when I moved out, I missed him!

My fiancΓ© and I came back to live with my mom after I graduated, at this time my son was 6 months old. I told my fiancΓ©, Derrik, about Vinnie and he was kind of like, whatever (he was not a "believer").

The night we arrived, at around 2am my son's steering wheel toy went off saying it's time to play and making other noises only accessible if you physically move the gear shift up or down, I woke up and lay in bed horrified for a minute and it shut off. A few minutes later it did it again, and I whispered "knock it off, you're freaking me out", it stopped for good. The weird thing is that toy's batteries had been dead for like a month and the on/off switch was on "off", it never went off again. Maybe backup battery power... Who knows, I think it was Vinnie since we'd never had any "toys" before then, maybe he was curious?

A couple days later I had a bag of stuff I bought at the store that I set on the couch, I returned to get it and it was gone. I thought it was Derrik who moved it, he didn't, but he helped me literally rip the house apart, cushions off the couch and all, with no luck. I told Derrik it was Vinnie, he looked at me like I was crazy when I yelled out "Vinnie, this isn't funny, I'm P'd OFF right now and my s*** better be back where I left it when I come back inside".

We went out, smoked a cigarette and TA-DA my bag was back on the couch we had just ripped apart. Derrik was kind of like...whoa.

This type of thing happened frequently though, so no big deal to me. I also would misplace things constantly on my own and they would show up in an obvious place, or if I couldn't find it I would ask Vinnie to help me and again, it would show up in plain view. That was a nice built in key finder let me tell you!

This is near the last of my experiences in the apartment, when we were moving out, we had been talking about the new house, we were all excited to move (it was all of us, my mom and stepdad included), and we were standing in the kitchen chatting about our excitement when we collectively heard what sounded like a plate shattering all over the floor. I was at the sink and thought maybe I broke something, nothing was injured, nothing in the cupboards was harmed, and there was no explanation for the noise other than Vinnie was upset that we were moving. We all came to that conclusion. When we moved, I said he was more than welcome to visit (that made my mom mad lol), but he never has; I think he stays in the Blueberry Lane apartments, and not just mine, I have a feeling he travels through a lot of them as sometimes the air in the house felt lighter and different, empty if you will.

I have tried to research the history of the area with no avail, I've heard a couple stories about a shooting where a man died in the parking lot, but never found any concrete evidence of it. I'm just not sure where he came from, if anyone has an idea of how to investigate that matter further I'd love input on it. Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by MandyyNicole

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MandyyNicole, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jillybean135 (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-04-16)
This is so funny, I'm also from the same home town, I used to walk down blueberry lane to get to my friends house or to try and catch that MASSIVE white fish in Pete's party pit. I was actually trying to look up to find out if anybody had any pictures of the giant fish when I stumbled spin your post! I used to love this site when I was around 12 which I guess would have been about 9 years ago when this was posted lol, sad I didn't find it then maybe I would have figured out who wrote it and befriended you! Anyways o hope you stumble across this message, although you probably won't. Go bearcats! ❀
ZMJ01 (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
haha, how funny, my life would be a lot easier if I had a helpful ghostly entity πŸ˜†
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
http://www.xxxxxxxhistoricalsociety.org

The xx's represent the name of your city. Enjoy!
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Thanks again for all the nice comments guys!

Otteer, yeah it's Pete's Party Pit! I didn't know that was actually the name of it though, I thought that's just what we called it lol, that's really cool you know about that! I guess it's not related to that then, in that case haha; I'd like to know the historical society website though, that would just be fun to look at in general 😁

Vulcan10, no...I'm pretty sure there was no new furniture, we had a couch and other stuff from my grandma... And I never talked to anyone in the complex about it, I asked friends that grew up around there if anyone ever died and that's the answer I got, I tried to google it (lol) but I came up with nothing. No deaths. I think I'm just internet challenged sometimes!

Hellquin, maybe your spirit doesn't like the one friend that comes over so it throws stuff and acts out?
Zaphiod, I agree, I think sometimes, it's all in the way you react to something... But sometimes not:D
GeorgiaCutie13 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
This story was super creepy but super cool as soon asi read this I called up my friend megan and read it to her over the phone she was spooked but I loved this story totally awsome!:) 😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
I think it is so neat how ghosts can manipulate sound waves to make things sound like they are breaking. Vinnie sounded delightful in comparison to some of the things that happen to people. I wouldn't mind having a helpful ghost around. Better than the ones that scare the crap out of me. Good story. Thanks for sharing
DrX (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
I have lived in a haunted appartment building. Your story evokes fond memories of Happy, my playful spirit. Happy had died in my apartment the year I had moved in of cancer. His widow had moved into an efficiency unit at the same complex and had come by about a month after we moved in. She told us her husband was ill for only a short time, and died in his sleep, and loved oranges, and Oh yeah! He is still here! WE had been experiencing some strange things but what made us believe her was that we would often get whiffs of oranges when some of the weirdness would take place! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zaphiod (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
This is only vaguely related but I think it's important.
When I read your story and others involving friendly ghosts, there is always a sense of bemusement at the start and quick acceptance of what is going on, but very little fear. Whereas when other stories are told even at the outset where occurences are minor there is a definate air of fear from the outset.
It seems to me that we quickly define and in many ways impart our ghosts with their traits by how we perceive tham and the energy and type of attention we give them, I don't think this is completely true in all cases but there definately seems to be a correlation there.
Hellquin (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
We have a ghost in our appartment as well, its mostly seen walking our hallway and everyone that comes over sees it as well. We don't feel its bad so we leave it alone and it leaves us alone. Sometimes though when this one friend comes over, the spirit is waaaay active and throws quarters or empty bottles across the room.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Hello MandyyNicole,

What a wonderful, scary, funny, loving sharing to read. As taz my record also is a broken one by now, but indeed it is great coming across something positive like this! After a phonecall which you had calling your mother and getting him at the other end of the line, I would probebly be scared ever to use the phone again if I was in your place! Another thing you could do contacting Vinnie is writing him a letter or just talk to him. Hopefully you'll find out one day what made him be with you guy's.

Greetings:
Peter 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
First of all, don't want to creep you out because I'm from washington and familiar with your area. Love it, been visiting many times and drive through often. Peter Woods was the owner of Petes Party Pit. There was a Petes Party Pit Club too. Maybe that's the burned out grotto. Pete was a developer, had a dream of building condos on his "pond". Died before that happened, around 2003. There is a great online historical society website you might want to check out, so much history there. Since there are a few major apartments in the area couldn't help with the history but they all must have been part of one parcel of land, during the 80's boom lots of old settlers homes were divided up and sold. A huge one was built in 1991. Good luck in finding who Vinnie is, at least we know it isn't Pete, unless his middle name was Vincent or he was yanking your chain... Death records don't show a middle name. ❀
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
If a guy was shot in the parking lot and you knew the date you could probably find it in the paper or the cops would know. Your story sounds like a typical friendly haunt which I guess would be the best type to have. And you say that no one in the complex had heard of someone named vinnie? Also, just prior to the beginning had your mom or steppappy bought any knew furniture? Anywho, I like your story.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I enjoyed this story very much, infact it is going on my favorites! Thank you so much for sharing it! Vinnie sounded like a poltergeist (sp?) to me. I would have liked having him around me, actually. I mis-place things alot, so it would help me a lot for him to find it for me! Haha. I bet he was so sad when you moved out!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
oh dear I do hate sounding like a broken record but here I go again, so enjoyed reading this and faved it too.
Your time with vinny sounds like it was amusing, annoying and fun too just like having siblings realy.
Im sure vinny misses you all too but thinking of him will get the message over to him and he will know.
Like otteer said you could drive bye and say hi if your in the area.
Thanks for sharing such a great story 😊
Carl
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Thanks for all your comments guys, it's good to know I'm not the only person who would miss a ghost! And honestly, I'm so honored to have made it into some of your favorites:)

I do kind of wish that I would have thought about helping him find the light or move on, I never really thought about it until we moved out... I hope he's not stuck there or something.

I also think I'll try and look up the historical aspect of the area, the town is pretty old & it's a train town; there was also a burned down grotto (it was called "Pete's Party Pit" in high school lol) type structure not too far from the apartments that always weirded me out, I'll have to check into what happened there (never thought about trying to connect that until now either!) 😁
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I envy you. I am such a coward that I wouldn't be able to feel as you do about Vinnie. I think I would jsut run screaming from the place and never go back. As for research, you can look through old newspapers, although that takes forever unless you have some idea of the timeframe you are looking for. Maybe talk to neighbours and former tenants, if you can find them. They may have further clues that could help you narrow things down.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
MandyyNicole: Loved this story. I've had similar experiences where Spirits have messed with my things, only for me to find them where I have already looked. Lol.
In regards to finding out information on the apartments, maybe you could talk to the people that lived their before your mum? Or find public records relating to the property, or even Blueberry Lane as well.
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
It's nice to read a positive spiritual encounter instead of negative ones all the time. Well, it sounds like you enjoyed your time there. Hopefully, the next tenat finds Vinnie 'enjoyable' too.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
If you live in a historical area, and I think you do, it could be someone from the distant past. Because you family didn't freak regarding the activity and treated it with a sense of humor, I can see how he became endeared to you. Maybe go visit his site and say hello!
Thanks for sharing!

❀
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Great story Mandy! Thank you for sharing it with us. Hearing all about Vinnie made me smile. 😁 I love hearing accounts like this. I don't blame you for missing him either. I know I would have. ❀
Lollipop101 (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
whoas. At the right start you said it isn't as entertaining as others but it really is! I think vinnie has felt like he needs to look after you and I really loved you sharing your experiences!xx
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
MandyyNicole,
Thank you so much for this story, it warms my heart whenever a story like yours comes along. You may miss Vinnie, but one thing's for certain, he'll never be forgotten.
This one's going to my favorites list too. Good call Granny!
😊 ❀ πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Mandy - this one made my favorites ❀. I have also asked one of our ghosts to move with us when my kids and I were moving. She didn't, we still miss her and talk about her all the time. So, like granny said, don't feel silly. A bunch of us feel the same way. They become like members of our family and it's hard leaving them behind.

I really enjoyed your story. Thanks for submitting it.
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
i disagree with you this story was very entertaining. You met a spirit made contact with it and to your luck the spirit was friendly. You are a very lucky person for being able to experience this and if you look up my story you will know that I have not been able to make contact with such a spirit yet but I am still hopeful. Best of luck for you and your family and I hope you do hear from Vinnie someday.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I really like Vinnie, he might be a little bit annoyed sometimes but he liked to be with your family. I bet he felt he was part of the family. If I were you, I'd miss him a lot. If I were you, I probably would help him to see the light.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
I really like Vinnie, he might be a little bit annoyed sometimes but he liked to be with your family. I bet he felt he was part of the family. If I were you, I'd miss him a lot. If I were you, I probably would help him to see the light when I was still living in the apartment.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Mandy: Thank you so much for this account!...I don't think you need worry about the entertainment factor! πŸ˜†...Vinnie seemed like a good humored sport... And yes, it's so satisfying when "non-believers" get to witness things first hand, though most of the time it takes more than one incident to completely convince them...

Don't feel silly about missing your ghostie friend, most of us here feel the same way... Some of us think they take vacations when they become less active πŸ˜†...

Great story, and again thank you for posting! ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: