You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Elizabeth House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Elizabeth House Ghost

 

I have been a long time reader on yourghoststories.com as I have always found the paranormal fascinating and this website is a great way to hear about other peoples' experiences.

My Story begins in 2009 when my dad finally decided I was allowed to move out of my family home and live on my own closer to the city. The conditions were that my parents were to buy the house and I was to rent from my parents. That way if I had any issues with paying rent they could help me.

My parents and I went house hunting and after months of looking I fell in love with a renovated half house in the Northern suburbs. It was a small 3 bedroom with an open fire place that had gorgeous iron wrought designs of roses on it and solid timber floors. My parents put a bid in and we got it. I moved in a month later, May 15th to be exact.

While living there I never noticed anything unusual. Just a very cold house that never seemed to warm up. I thought it was due to the fire place being so old. So, mum and dad went out and bought a new combustion heater to put in for me, but even in the middle of summer it just didn't want to warm up.

During the first year living there I never liked spending much time at home. I never had a house mate stay longer than 3 months. No one ever felt comfortable in the house. In fact it was just a house, it never became a home. After a year and a half my boyfriend Scott and I broke up. It was a very messy break up, with me spending all my time at a friend's house so I didn't have to see him. My brother moved in to keep the peace and ended up staying. I moved out and moved into my friend's place, I didn't like sleeping in my own place so my brother took over the lease for me.

Now, my brother is still living there but just last week his girlfriend and her little girl Stephanie, who is 3, moved in. On the first two nights of staying in the house Stephanie refused to go sleep in her room or go near the middle bedroom as it was too scary. She kept running out crying saying "Mummy, I'm scared... I don't want to sleep in there". So for those first two nights she slept in between my brother and his girlfriend. On the second night my brother was just falling asleep when he felt someone sit on his legs and lean over him to reach for Steph. Straight away he whispered to Paula (his girlfriend) that someone was sitting on his legs. That was when Paula decided that something must be living with them and it was time to get rid of it as they can't have Stephanie next to them every night.

The next day Paula called her mum as she has had experience with ghost and knew how to send them off to the next relm. Her mum came round and walked from room to room with two candles and some crystals. It was quiet interesting to watch since she didn't actually say anything. The only thing I noticed was that every now and then the two candle flames would start going up and down as if someone was trying to put it out with their hand over the top of each one but the heat was too warm so they moved away.

Kerry (Paula's mum) told us that there was a man living in the house with us and that he had died in the middle bedroom a long time ago. That he wasn't happy having children living in his home and wanted them to leave. Kerry told the man that it was his time to go and that this wasn't his home anymore but her daughters and her granddaughters home now. She managed to get him to go out the back door, but he wanted to come back in the house.

At this point all I could see was Kerry standing in the Laundry with candles in her hands and the back door closed. My parents dogs were in the backyard and were growling at the door and walking far away, well more like slinking as far away from the door as they could get but could still see it. The door itself would bang every now and then. After about 10 minutes it all just stopped and Kerry said he was gone, that he had moved on.

I was a bit surprised, since all she did was walk around with candles and crystals chanting in her head, asking him to leave. She told us that he wasn't all that bad, just wanted to stay in his home but since he was intimidating Steph, they couldn't have that.

Now whenever I walk into that house it doesn't feel cold anymore. My brother put the same amount of wood on the fire like he would any other day to warm the house up and we found it was WAY too much and that we needed all windows and doors open to cool the house back down. I just found it amazing that after all this time, there was a ghost living with us and we didn't even realise it until Stephanie moved in. As for the house, well, it feels like a home again and I've never felt so comfortable in it before.

After everything had been done Paula noticed that Stephanie's crystal that helps her sleep at night was missing. She had only just placed in on the bedside table that day. I told my brother to look in the ceiling as there wasn't any other places where it could be hidden and we couldn't find it anywhere. It was placed perfectly above the bedside table in the roof of the house. Turn out our ghost friend had decided to move it. We also found some pictures of me and my ex boyfriend above where his bed use to be which is in the room where he had died. I would sometimes sleep in there but didn't really feel comfortable whenever I did.

Thank you for reading my story. It was great to be able to share it with people I know will believe me. I will have another to post about my family home. We're going to get Kerry to visit it as we know an old man lived there and died in a house fire. He is still there as he pokes me and my mum in the middle of the night to wake us. But that's another story.

Thank you again and please comment about my story as I would love to hear other people's opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, firey-redhead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
How nice of your parents to help you out with the new house:)

Glad that you are enjoying the house now, and nothing really alarming or scary happened to the small girl.
firey-redhead (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Thanks everyone for such great feedback. Should have another story soon as my birthday is coming up and Kerry plans to clear my parents house out before hand. Should be very interesting!
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Thanks for sharing your story. I can't wait to read any more that you may have. 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Good story! I'm so glad Kerry was able to get the former occupant to move on. Odd that he came back one last time, glad your brothers girlfriend found the crystals, maybe they need to go under the girls pillow at night!

Thanks again! ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
firey~redhead as storys go it was fantastic!
Really enjoyed it thanks for posting 😁
Like bad juujuu says kids don't miss a thing
Looking forward to your next post
Carl
P.s adding to favs too
😁
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
I love your story!~!~! It is Interesting quite a bit!

😁 😊 ❤
~~Eclipse2000
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Funny how things like hauntings can be overlooked and ignored until a child enters the picture. Kids miss nothing, and I'm glad she was taken seriously and the man sent on. Looking forward to your next story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: