You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Strange Dream

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Dream

 

I didn't write here all this time, because after a month passed since my friend's death, all of the strange happenings suddenly stopped. I even visited a shrink and started taking some medications to calm myself down during that time. Since everything stopped, I thought it was just my imagination and all of the events from my previous stories could be explained if I thought about it harder. Everything returned to normal pretty quickly, and thought I still miss him a lot to this day; I have accepted the fact that he is gone. I returned the glasses to one of his relatives; I just couldn't keep them with me anymore, just looking at them made my cry every time I touched them.

I've recently had a very realistic dream, it was so real I could feel everything as if I was awake, I could even smell the flowers and fresh spring air in a park. I felt very happy and excited for some reason. The park was full of people; the traffic was heard a bit far away from the park, everything seemed quite normal.

I was sitting on a bench, looking around, trying to figure out where I was, I've never seen such a place in my life and suddenly I felt scared that I was lost, in some unknown town. I got up and tried talking to people, but they just ignored me, as if they couldn't see me, I got out of the park and went down the street, things looked pretty normal there too, until I noticed a thin blood trail on the side walk. I felt cold shivers through my body as I followed it, soon noticing an old woman in a long, retro styled green puffy dress, standing on a side walk, her back turned towards me, the blood was clearly dripping from her.

I got really scared and didn't dare to get any closer, in fact, I wanted to cross the street and get the hell away from there. But the traffic was really heavy, cars were moving way too fast and I couldn't cross the street. At that moment, I noticed with the corner of my eye that the woman had disappeared.

I was still very scared, but also relieved that she was gone, so I went back into that direction.

I saw a small diner in front of me, and noticed my friend who passed away, sitting in there. So I ran up to the building without hesitation, my heart racing like it was about to burst.

I opened a surprisingly heavy glass door and a horrible sight was in front of me. That old woman I saw earlier on the side walk, she was standing right in front of me. I think I'll never forget the terrible scene. I still tremble every time I remember her face.

Her front hair had completely fallen off, only few strands of long white hair partly in blood were hanging on her forehead. Her lower jaw was ripped off completely, the tongue hanging loose in her mouth, her upper lips and nose were missing as well, and her eyes were completely dead, staring upwards. The stench was making it even worse; she didn't smell like she was rotting, it was something different, like a really badly smelling, huge perfume bottle broken in front of me.

I felt like I was going to faint, I was so scared that I couldn't move or say anything, trembling violently with my whole body.

Suddenly I heard a female voice, she sounded very sweet and calm, and her voice echoed rather strangely, I was freaked out even more when I realized that it was this woman, who was speaking to me.

She said "What are you doing? You're not supposed to be here."

I was still so shocked, that I couldn't say anything; I tried to look away, so I wouldn't have to look at her anymore.

She repeated the same thing, sounding more demanding "answer me!" she added, her eyes now staring at me angrily.

I finally managed to move, still trying not to look at her. "I'm sorry, I got lost. And then I saw my friend here." I said quietly, backing away from her.

She was silent for a moment, but then sighed as if I was annoying her. "Alright, just be quick, or I'll kick you out" she said and walked up to the bar, serving something for an absolutely normal looking man, who was chatting with her about something I couldn't hear.

I thought I could just run away, but I really wanted to see my friend, and didn't want to miss this chance.

The diner looked quite normal as well; people were eating, chatting with each other, the usual.

I ran up to my friend's table and sat down in front of him, smiling in relief that he looked like his normal self as well, the only thing that bothered me was that the stench got really bad. I didn't even know what to say to him, and he looked at me as if he wasn't happy to see me at all, and then he asked me the same thing the old woman had asked. "What are you doing here?" he said quietly, his voice sounded the same way as the woman's. I said that I didn't know what was going on and told him about my trip from the park. He looked at me thoughtfully and then gave me a smile. "I'm really glad to see you, but you've got to go, I'm alright, but Irina sure loves to boss me around." He laughed, and pointed to the direction of the woman. (Irina is a common name for a place where I am from) but he suddenly turned serious again. He looked really bothered about something, shifting uncomfortably and looking around, like some people do when they are very nervous. At that point, the stench got unbearable, and I felt like I was going to faint again, the woman walked up to our table and put her hand on my shoulder. As I started to cough badly because of the stench, passing out. The last thing I remember from the dream is that I felt hot, really hot, as if I was burning, I could almost feel my skin burning as I woke up and jumped off the bed, still freaking out because of my dream.

Dad walked into the room and said that he was worried that I got sick, because I usually never sleep for so long, but he didn't want to wake me up.

I thought he wouldn't take it seriously, but I still told him about my dream, he listened to me and said that it's all because I still can't cope with my friend's death after all this time. He may be right, but I am not so sure. Something in that dream felt different. I've had tons of realistic dreams, but none like that one. And all those things that happened during the first month, I doubt I imagined all of it. I went to visit a shrink, and he said I was fine, just slight hints of depression. He was actually surprised I coped with everything so well, for the time being.

I don't know what to make of that dream. The thing that bothers me the most is that stench. I've never smelled anything like it, and I actually doubt anything in our world can make such a strange smell. I related the smell to a really bad perfume, because it smelled rather unnatural, like some unknown chemicals.

Don't know what to think anymore, hope someone can give me any advice.

Other hauntings by Maria19

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maria19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LilithGarner (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Juju92's first comment was mean. And confusing. I'll leave it at that, I don't want to argue. By the way that is one WEIRD dream. Your friend probably wants you to move on, if you haven't already. Anyway thanks for posting!:)
LilithGarner (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
I don't think I've ever had a dream where I could smell.:/ Or hurt.
stickman1122 (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
You have officially entered the twilight zone. 🤔 GOOD LUCK...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Have you ever been to hell, Juju? How do you know what it is and what it isn't. I agree with everyone else who has made a comment about you lately. You make up ridiculous explanations for things that don't need it. You think you are some sort of expert on thse things, when it is really obvious that you are not. You don't have adequate communication skills to get your point across. I'm not very popular on this website myself, but telling a person that you know their friend is in hell when you have no idea what you are talking about is unacceptable. Your stories aren't that great or believeable. Why should anyone have to listen to you?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
First of all juju92, what in the daylights are you smoking? You should really lay off of it and give yourself a few days to come back to reality. You should also see a doctor about these hysterical delusions of people melting, and seriously consider taking an English class before you try and push your opinions on a public forum.

To the mods: I thought this site didn't allow us to post stories about dreams. Seems like that line has been getting pretty blurry lately. It wasn't that long ago that my own story about my guardian got rejected because it contained information about a dream.

To the author: I am sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is a difficult thing. Dreams can be a very weird thing, so I have to agree with taz, that most of this was probably just a dream but in some way I think your friend may have been using it to say goodbye in a way that wouldn't freak you out.
Nabear (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
I think you may have visited some form of afterlife. I know most people believe that heaven is a bunch of people living in the clouds while cherubs fly around and play the harp, but what if it's not?

That would explain Irina and your friend's question, "What are you doing here?". It's possible that Irina sensed that you were alive and did not belong there. And your friend was probably just surprised to see you. Although I am sure he misses you as you miss him, I don't believe he wants you to join him in the afterlife just yet.

I have no way to explain Irina's appearance. If a person appears in the afterlife as they did at the moment of your death, then your friend should not look completely normal. If one looks completely normal in the afterlife, then Irina should have had the bottom half of her face. It's possible that we can choose how we appear to others after death. Or, since drug overdoses don't cause much damage to the outside of the body, that you just did not notice any defects in your friends appearance.

The smell could be embalming fluid. If Irina appears as she did at the moment of death, (or shortly afterward) then it would make sense for her to have been embalmed, and for that smell to carry over.

So, my guess is that you visited your friend in the afterlife. Unfortunately, it sounds like he was working the diner and he didn't have time to hang with you. Maybe next time you can try to show up after work so you can spend some time together. 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
hi there maria19 interesting story.
I half agree with kirsty_glick, I do think it was a dream brought on through worrying about your friend but I don't think therapy and "group" will help that much.

I do think your friend was sending you a message though, telling you he was ok through your dream to help you stop worrying about him, as for the rest it was your mind telling you that your worrying was not good for you like the smell, just bad.

I understand it is hard to get over a friend passing but I think your mind is trying to tell you its time to try and let go.
The piecefulness of the park is where your mind wants you to be now but you might not be ready to let go yet so your following the trail of blood knowing what you find won't be nice to see.
And with the traffic so heavy making you feel that there was no escape from it.

But your friend was there to comfort you like you needed and that's a message you should take from your dream he will be there when you need him.

Write him a letter, tell him your fears, worrys and how much you miss him place it under your pillow before you go to bed but try not thinking about him, he will know what you have written and he might be in touch again but in a better place.
I hope you start to feel better soon

Carl 😊
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Maria, I believe what you experienced was just a dream. You clearly do miss your friend terribly, and having a dream about him in a bad situation seems like a textbook manifestation of your feelings regarding his death.

I am constantly amazed at the things my mind comes up with when I'm dreaming. Sometimes I wish I could remember them well enough to write them down because some of them would make fantastic movies!

I think it might be a good idea to get some group therapy; I'm sure your therapist can find a group for you. Seeing how other people handle the loss of their loved ones and helping them while they help you might do you a lot of good.

I hope you are able to come to terms with your friend's death and have only pleasant memories of the good times you had together. ❤
RenVolkov (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
You really come off as a religious person. Just the way you type things out screams it. I hate lies as well, but damn we all lie sometimes. The story does make sense. The dream could have actually been a warning rather then hell. Did you consider that?

Shit in hell they torture you and make you suffer. That I'm well aware of. Internal pain and suffering can be taken in different ways. Like I stated torturing such as burning you alive and then stopping and then continuing, stabbing a person over and over and never stopping. In hell there is no point to killing someone when they're already way past dead. They just make you stay alive well they do unnameable things to you without you dying.

If the soul that "sinned" dies then obviously that wouldn't be very hellish like. They would want the soul to suffer without dying. Sorry to state it but we are in hell. Think about it really. If some people humanity didn't "sin" then why the hell are they here. If the "non sinning" people never sinned then they would be in heaven rather then here.

I completely agree with you. The after life is immortal. No one knows what will happen when you die because there' so many possibility's. You could be reincarnated and whatever else.

Time is endless really. So that means I'll continue to come back over and over. It's something that will never end until the earth is gone. Everyone sins. No one is prefect. If humanity was prefect then we wouldn't have wars, crime and whatever else. All and all everyone has sinned even if they think that haven't. And lastly isn't dying and going to "heaven" a form of punishment because you do get pulled away from the ones you love. So that can be counted as horrible as well. Also you're last time seriously screams that you're very religious if not somewhat. But I'm pushing more towards very.

This comment from juju92 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

RenVolkov (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Well this does actually sound like a a bad horror movie come to life just to make our eyes bleed. I mean don't get me wrong it sounds somewhat interesting, but still it's nothing to write home about. The smell that you had mentioned could be a number of things like: rotting flesh, burning skin etc... Who knows for sure really. Honestly if it happened then it happened... End of story.

Also lynrinth is right juju92. Your posts seriously don't make much sense. You had me re-reading your posts just to make sure I got what you meant. You're coming off like your a serious religious person that doesn't know how to type. I seriously hate religious crap, but honestly last I remember Hell didn't use liquid to burn/melt bodies. They "used" fire.

So can you answer this as well? Why the hell would Hell bring back a body just to waste time to melt it again. That makes no damn sense what so ever. And it's completely pointless to do that as well.

You can't state that this persons friend is in hell when you don't even probably know him/her in real life. If you sit and think about it we're already in hell so her friend is just having a vacation compared to us who are alive.

"Well I tell you what if she dream like that again she is probably the first persone in the line infront of hell gates"

This comment made me giggle real hard. If she dreams like that again then she'll get her answers more then likely. That or she'll get to see her friend once more. You can't really say for sure. But if we really want to get into the talk about hells gates then so be it. Honestly if you get down to it everybody is going to Hell. If it's not it's not money hunger people then it'll be people who are cheating on their husbands or wives. And damn if it's not them then it's the Christians for their hypocrisy. And the list goes on and on.

Honestly though Maria19 I'm sorry for your loss.

This comment from juju92 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lynrinth (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Perphaps your dream was a way of contacting your deceased friend 'cause you were worried about him. He seem alright, though upset. They say when we pass, our afterlife reflects our earthbound life, whether it's true, well, we all find out eventually. But dreams give messages sometimes in symbols. In a way, you received your answer. As upseting and confusing as your dream was, as to the smell... Who knows? Contacting a psychic might help? I don't know. It can mean a thousand things. Maybe in another dream, you will find out. As for now, if you believe in a higher power, prayer, or thinking positive and sending it to your friend, doesn't hurt for our love ones. I think it helps them. I also believe our afterlives can change for the better. I am sorry for your loss. For now, all you can do live your life the best you can. And maybe, pray for the peace your friend deserves. As for juju92, your comments never make sense.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Sad story! Sorry about your friend...
I think it is true... (Your dream.)
~~Eclipse 2000 😭 😢 ❤

This comment from juju92 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: