You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Friendly Visit?

Real Ghost Stories

A Friendly Visit?

 

One of my good friends passed away a few days ago. He was only 19 and he used to take drugs from time to time, he worked a lot and studied hard, and he used to say that, he needed to "get our of this world completely at least once a month". Well, now he's gone forever...Or, maybe not completely...

It's still hard to believe for me, we knew each other since 5th grade and spent hours together absolutely every day, or at least talked to each other on phone or in chats, but, I'm 100% sure we haven't spent a single day without speaking to each other.

He had these black glasses the he adored since high school, and almost never took them off, I thought I would look cool in them, so, I frequently used to ask him to lend them to me, he never gave them to anyone, and he jokingly once said that, only if he died before me, I could have them. I didn't want to take any of his things from his apartment, but, then I remembered about the glasses and took them with me now, I kind of regret doing that.

Since I brought the glasses with me, my cat started to behave kind of weird, she always was a quiet one, and now she jumps at every small sound, makes grumpy noises while just sitting and at night sits by the main entrance not moving, not reacting to anything. I was already freaked out by this when other things started to happen, another friend of ours took from his apartment a necklace, just to have something from him, and yesterday he called me, saying he felt like someone was touching him around his neck for all evening, and he felt kind of scared. I was already ready to lock the house and stay with friends for few nights or so, because I started to have weird dreams.

I dreamt I was getting up, turning on my PC, opening one of the music players and some horrible noises and cries came out of there, when I woke up, I barely convinced myself to do it, and tried to turn on the player, it gave me a massage of errors in the program and then it started to fail completely, although, it started to work just fine after a few minutes. I turned off the PC and wanted to get up, when I felt like someone was stroking my hair quite gently, it even felt nice, but still gave me chills and I asked my friend to come over and stay with me.

The thing is... Even if he died because of such a stupid and completely useless thing like drugs, I know he was a great friend and always tried to help others. And I am sure he won't hurt any of his friends, I just...Well, maybe I am going crazy, but, something tells me it's really him, and not only I feel this. Or maybe, I just want to think it's him... I don't know. I've never been much of a believer or a spiritual person, but, now, I think I'm about to change my mind.

I even feel safe with him around, even if I'm still a bit scared, although, my friend says, if it's him, than he needs to leave wherever he has to go, but, I don't think I want to let go, and besides, I don't even know how to help him leave.

Other hauntings by Maria19

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maria19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Hi Maria.
Iam sorry to hear of the loss of your friend very sad and he was so young, I would definetly say that he is still around but he will move into the light soon sometimes a spirit stayes around for a while after passing just to say their last farewells in their own way some people can feel them around and others can't some just dismiss it maybe being skeptic and that. You definetly seem to be senceing him but don't have any fear as he won't harm you as he was your close friend on this plain and so he will allways be when he passess into the light he may come to you in visitation sometimes but he will allways be there for you even if your not religious just say a little prayer for him to help him to move on and allways talk to him jus like you allways did take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you and your friend...
VampireGee (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
I'm sorry for your loss, it must be really hard for you. I think it is may be your friend trying to contact you maybe to tell you that he's OK.

Thanks for sharing and keep your chin up 😊
Tirada (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
If you really feel it's him, don't doubt yourself. Being afraid is perfectly understandable, but perhaps there is a reason why he still hangs around? Perhaps he cannot move on because you cannot either? Perhaps not but I think that's something helpful you can think about. Taking the glasses as a sort of memory of him sounds to me like a form of closure, I don't think it was wrong on your part at all.

Although you mentioned you are not much of a spiritual person, there is nothing wrong with reverting to prayer, not only to comfort his spirit and let him know you cared and that its okay to move on, but to soothe your heart as well.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
Hello Maria, It can be very unfair sometimes in life how the cards fall and my condolence goes out to you and his family. Sounds like he was a good and kind man, Which I'm sure makes him a warm and loving spirit. Thanks for the story and take comfort in knowing he is with you.

God bless

Darren
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
Hello Maria, I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to deal with his death being that he was so young and especially how he passed. Don't regret taking the glasses, they meant a lot to him and now they serve as a very special memory for you. I believe that your friend is visiting you and he probably wants to give you a message or let you know that he is ok. Light a candle and say a prayer for him. It will help ease his spirit. Thanks for the story and take care. 😊 ❤
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
you could try talking to him it might help see for sure if its really him. I also think its him since it happened once you took the glasses.

Let me know if you find anything interesting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: