You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: San Antonio Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

San Antonio Haunting

 

This story is told on the account of my sister. We'll call her Irene. My sister Irene lived in San Antonio, TX with her boyfriend, Matt, while she attended UTSA. I've heard him tell stories of his place being haunted before and I wasn't quite sure I believed him. That is until my sister started calling and telling me of the strange occurrences in the house.

Before I go further into the story, I think it will help if I give a little background on Matt and his family. Matt's sister was a curious one. Being the curious one, she mistakenly played with an Ouija board at home one night. After Matt and his mom found out, they scolded her and decided they needed to burn the Ouija board. Except for... They couldn't find it. They looked everywhere in the house and it was nowhere to be found. To this day, it is still missing. They have no idea what happened to it. They believe that because she played with an Ouija board, it opened a door they couldn't close. Since then, they believe that a little boy roams around the house. Matt's sister, being the only one that can see him, named him Maurice Sean Jr. I'm not sure why she named him that, but that's the name she came up with and it stuck.

The following stories are a collection of events that happened in the house.

It was around 10:30 PM and they were getting ready for bed. They said their goodnights, turned off all the lights, and turned off their cell phones. Just when they're about to drift off to sleep, her phone rings. She picks up her phone and notices that the caller ID said "Matt." Being the jokester that he was, she thought that he was playing around. She turns to him and asked, "Why are you calling me?" His reply was, "I'm not." So he grabs his phone from the night stand and shows her his phone. It was clearly turned off. Could it be Marice Sean Jr. Playing tricks?

On a couple of occasions, Irene would leave her laptop on at night and it will fall into sleep mode. Both my sister and I are light sleepers, so we would wake up at the slightest sound, light or motion. She recalled waking up in the middle of the night because a light source woke her up. She looked at where the light was coming from and noticed that her laptop was no longer in sleep mode. As you know, most laptops, like hers, has a mouse pad that is activated by the touch of a finger. Without someone physically moving the mouse pad, how could the laptop come out from sleep mode? I mean yea... We could say it was some mechanical reasoning, but this happened on and off. She tested several reasonings and couldn't find any.

When she needed to print out something, her printer would refuse to cooperate at times. Several days later, her printer would start printing in the middle of the night. And this happened on and off as well. Again, we can say it's a mechanical error but it seems a little too eerie.

Matt's mom was taking a shower one night and when she stepped out from the shower, in the mirror she saw a message for her. I forgot what was written on the mirror but she told us that the handwriting was that of a child. The poor woman was terrfied! Having two grandkids of hers living in the house, she assumed it was the boys. So she questioned them both and they swore it wasn't them. If I remember the story correctly, they all went into the bathroom to see if they could see the message, but by then it was gone.

In that same bathroom, Matt's sister would be coming out from a shower, blow drying her hair. It happened just like in the movies! As she was blow drying her hair, she had her head facing downwards. As soon as you stood up and flipped her hair back, she looked in the mirror and saw Maurice Sean Jr starring at her.

Matt's mom refuses to sleep in her own room. Almost every night, in her room, she hears her window blinds rattle. She explains it like someone running their hands up and down the blinds making a ruckus.

Since the grandkids and Matt's sister moved out, Maurice Sean Jr became very quiet. Matt said the activity has drastically gone down around the house. Soon after, my sister graduated and moved back to Houston. And from time to time, she would drive to San Antonio to visit. She would be afraid every time she visited, but Matt reassured her that he has been inactive. But the first night she visited since she moved, Maurice started to act up. I told her maybe it was his way of saying hello or that he missed you. Or maybe Maurice is just lonely and sad that everyone had left. That or maybe he found the light. No one knows.

Matt's mom has tried contacting someone to come and bless the house. But it seems she has run into a bit of a bad luck with a witch doctor named Papa Jim. Now that story is definitely worth telling, but I'm afraid I will have to save that story for next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ILee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
oh definitely, no worries! We're all free to speak here 😁 You definitely have good ideas that could easily debunk it. But I guess we'll never really know...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
not doubting your story, just offered a couple ideas. I suppose an adult would fess up to hiding the board as a child. From all I've read, even one session with the board can bring about unwanted activity.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
Yea, it could have been the kids, however, the boys were questioned and they said they didn't do it. They're at that age where if a prank goes wrong, they'd fess up or admit to it. But not saying that it's not plausible. If it really was the boys, then that wouldn't explain why when they went back, the message was gone. If you fogged up the mirrors again, wouldn't you be able to see the message? But the message was gone. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

And as far as the ouiji board, the daughter is now an adult with kids herself. Wouldn't she have fessed up by now if the ouiji board was hidden? Or even if she really did hide the ouiji board it most definitely would have been found by now, 10+ years later.

But these are both valid points you bring up Pjod. Maybe I should ask them both now that they're all grown 😁
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
Most of the stories seem to involve techincal aspects... The mirror writing could have been done by one of the grandkid's days before the hot water steam made the writing visible.
My guess is the sister hid that board out of sight, and continued playing. Happens a lot to kids when getting caught up with it...
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
Vincent,

You bring up a really good point about the portal being open still. I never thought of it before and it makes a lot of sense. Using ouiji boards are opening doors/portals to the other realm and if not properly closed, it could be very well open still. I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice!
Vincent (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hey there,

I don't wish to scare you, or tell tales to make you fearful of this little boy. But I've heard stories that "little boys" or kids in general that stick around after the use of a Ouija Board are running from entities that torment them. Looking to seek help, and mess with electrical items and similar things to gain your attention.

Though as I'm sure this may not be the case for you, remember not to forget that the portal could still very well be open and you should work on a way to close it (if possible?).

Thank you for sharing this regardless, and take care~

Vincent
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hi SnowQueen,

No he hasn't tried to hurt anyone at all. We all think he's a playful ghost and doesn't mean any harm.

Perhaps he has moved on because they said the activity has died down significantly. So hopefully he has moved on and that he found peace 😁
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Interesting story! Didn't he try to harm anybody? They could have try to communicate with with him, together so they can help and give him peace and leave this world. 😊 Take care!
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Oh my goodness! The same thing happens to my iPod all the time. Its switched off. I wake up hearing music coming from the drawer next to my bed. Open it. Check the iPod. Nothing! Sometimes this happens a few times a night.

It really does seem that this spirit is just interested in making itself known. Ouija boards are a big problem. Spirits can lie and pretend to be good. Just stay away from it in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Shlain
darkfantum (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
that was a stupid thing to do for to play with a oujiu board in my old school people used to do ojui board s in the maths tower because it was apparently haunted.
Yours tuly darkfantum
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Hi Dan,

Yea, the child definitely doesn't feel like it's malevolent. He's just playful and curious. But I think they're unsure if it's just him or if there is more than one spirit in the house.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
ILee: Yeh the old ouija board up to no good again like normal. It seems as though this child spirit isn't malevolent at all but is after a bit of attention. Looking forward to reading your next submission.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
JustCurious,
I didn't think to ask what the boy was wearing or how old he was. That's a very good question. I'll remember to ask her next time I see her.

Kristelnaia,
Wow I'm sorry for your friend's loss.
"Even science and technology now has a way of letting us know, we are living in a place resided with both normal and paranormal beings"

Very true. Question though, when her boyfriend called at 3AM, was it an actual call and she picked up or was it a voicemail that he had left?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Did she ever give a description of what this spirit looked like? As far as an age guess, etc?

Peace
JustCurious
kristelnaia (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Same thing happened with my bestfriend. She had turned off her phone because she and her boyfriend had a fight and she doesn't want to be bothered.

She was not aware that her partner committed suicide at around 11PM. 3AM in the morning, her phone rang and it was his boyfriend asking for forgiveness and was telling her to take care and all.

Scary thing is, the doctor declared him dead, at 1AM, and my bestfriend knew about the death not until after the guy's sister called her up around 5AM.

Even science and technology now has a way of letting us know, we are living in a place resided with both normal and paranormal beings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: