You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Castillo De San Marcos Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Castillo De San Marcos Encounter

 

I was on vacation last summer in Daytona, Florida with a few of my friends. We were at the beach. The next day, we had an idea to drive 2 hours away to visit St. Augustine for the day. The ride was quiet and long. Anyway, we decided to stop and go to the Castillo de San Marcos Fort to look around. It was hot and humid outside that day, but something in the air wasn't quite right. The air felt thick and heavy. Almost as if I couldn't breathe. I got this sudden feeling I couldn't explain. I looked around and everyone else seemed to be rather happy and normal. I, on the other hand, felt lost and confused.

There were five us of, including myself, on our trip. I hadn't known the other girls that well and I was the third wheel, as everyone else had split off in twos. I spent the entire time at the fort wandering back and forth between the two groups of girls. While I was alone, I had felt very strange. I could feel the presence of sad souls around me. I still looked around at the blinded tourists. They looked normal and they didn't really care about the history of the fort. In the hot weather, I felt suspicious cold air pockets in random corners and areas. I felt whooshing breezes behind me. I must've looked like an idiot because I kept turning around and seeing if anyone was running behind me to cause the breeze. Not a one person.

I had split off from the groups of girls, and I was on my own. I had adopted a semi-depressed attitude, for I wasn't one to be sad or depressed about anything. During the time spent, I had felt hands on my shoulders, with no one there. I had also experienced pokes in my back and on my sides and shoulders, as well. I also had a few tugs on my hair and my shirt. I knew this fort was haunted before. Quite honestly, I had hoped I had a paranormal experience and I had got my wish. I kept an open mind and the spirits fed off my energy because I was very exhausted afterward, on top of the beating sun.

Also, I forgot to mention that I wandered the rooms of the fort, as if I knew where I was going. It was almost like something or someone was guiding me in places. I had separated from the group, almost on the other side of the fort. I still was wandering around like I had lost my mind. I felt like I was going to pass out because the air pressure was so thick.

Almost immediately after we had left, the feeling of sadness and depression was lifted off me. It was like I could breathe again. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy the city of St. Augustine so much. It's full of mystery and that rush of the thrill from the ghostly air pressure really gets to you.

Even though this part of my story has nothing to do with it, if you want to really experience the presence of spirits, St. Augustine, Florida is the place to go. Thanks for reading!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XxDarknessxX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
I know your story is 2 years old, but on the chance that you check back to see if anyone else posted a comment, I wanted to say I had just about the same reaction to that place! Especially in the corner towers. I was very sad and almost felt abandoned. Since my son and hubby were checking out the cannons, I got out of there and joined them... But I kept looking at those corner towers! They totally creeped me out!
❤ Mother of Beagles
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
Hello. That was a good read. Amazing how you are surprised by these things while others don't even get a hint of it. With you being unharmed, I would count this to be a very awesome experience. Perhaps, the spirits wanted their existence to be known by you. Lucky you, lol. Thank you.
-Shady.
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
that was beautifully creepy. Weird but interesting. I mean, nobody else got to experience it except you, right? Maybe the spirits guessed that you would be able to appreciate it unlike others, who might have gotten shiat scared if anything as such happened with them. Anyway, your story is the first to go on my favourites list! =D

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: