You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: San Diego County Dark Roads

Real Ghost Stories

San Diego County Dark Roads

 

Just want to share a very recent ghost experience I just had a few days ago.

I live in Escondido, California. There are plenty of dark rural roads here. I happen to frequent one such road due to my girlfriend living 30 minutes away from me. I often come home from her house very late.

On the 14th of this month (September) I was driving home at about 11:30 at night. As I came over a small rise that leads into a sharp turn, I saw what I thought was a person in the middle of the oncoming lane. This is a two lane rural road with no street light. I quickly scanned the area thinking there might be a broken down car or an accident.

I had slowed down a bit at this point, not wanting to hit anything or anyone. There was nothing on or next to the road. For a moment I thought it might be a drunken or senile grandma that had wondered out of her house.

My eyes darted back at the greyish figure still standing in the road. It was only about 2 cars away from me and yet I could see no details. I could see a clear silhouette made of dark grey but no details of clothes or a face. At this point I thought it could be a smudge on my windshield but then the figure moved! I could clearly distinguish the form of its feet as it shuffled to turn towards me. I could see its hands, that at first just hung at its side, sway as it turned its body. My headlights fully illuminated the area but the form remained a solid grey form with no details.

I have encountered a few strange supernatural type things in my life, but this truly scared me. It probably didn't help that my driver side window was broken in the down position. The other factor that made me floor the gas pedal was that about a week earlier, again late at night, a large barn owl had swooped at my car as I drove past the same spot. I am Mexican and in the myths and tales of Mexico witches are believed to be able to transform into barn owl. We call those owl/witches "lechuza."

Since that night, every time I drive that road I record it on my small camcorder. Just two nights ago I recorded two small spheres of light at the time 40 feet from where I saw the ghost. It looked like one sphere was sitting inches above the road and darted of as my headlights hit it. Right behind that came another sphere of light that crossed so close to my car that in the video you can see how its light reflects of the hood of my car.

You guys do a great job with the show.

Will keep you posted if I see anything else along the dark roads of North San Diego County.

Your Fan,

Mainardo F

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mainardo_flores, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-31)
Wow that's insane Mainardo the figure you seen would of truly petrified me to death. I have a mexican friend and he is superstitous and he always speaks of ghost in his old house in galalajro I don't know if I am saying it right, but he always spoke of an entity that haunted the 3Rd floor of his house when he was young. But you had a scary and interesting story thanks for sharing.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-01)
Mainardo,
It's a good thing you got out of there quickly. If it had a chance it might have gotten your car through that broken window and came home with you. Then again if you were by the canyons it might have been my Aunt Claire out on a drunken walk 😆
Red
hanamii (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
that was scary. I too saw the same figure in my sister's friends dance file which move away with no body like a grey figure 😲
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
Yikes Mainardo, what a scary experience! I found your description off the hands especially creepy! Reminded me of a Zombie. Alive... Yet not! I hope you got your window fixed! 😉 Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: