You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Waving Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Waving Girl

 

I was at my friend Florence's house for a sleepover on the first week of the Christmas Holidays, when I was in year five and at about 1:30 in the morning we woken up by a thunder storm. We were a little bit scared so we got in the same bed, as we didn't want to disturb her mum. We were chatting to calm us down, when there was suddenly a very bright flash of lightning. The next thing we saw was a girl who looked like she was about 12, waving at us slowly. She was wearing light pink pyjamas with silver hearts on them, and had no expression;she just stared at us and waved. We were both so petrified we could'n move. Florence squeezed my hand tightly, and we dived under the covers. After about a minute we were both brave enough to look, and when we did the girl had vanished. The spooky thing was that we never heard the door (which was closed at the time) or any windows open, or the loft being opened. After that night I think I believe in ghosts now, and lots of my freinds have told me stories.

My friend Mollie says that near where she lives there is an old archway where a man hung himself a hundred years ago. Apparently he does it again every year, and people see them jangling and clanking.

Also in my village there is an old house across the field opposite my house, which one of the oldest in the village. The people who live there now said that when they first moved in they measured the inside and outside of the house the outside was longer than the inside. They knocked through the wall at the end of the house from the inside and found a room only about three meters wide, and as long as the width of the house. When it was completely knocked through a cold strong breeze came from the room and there were no windows or a door so they didn't know where it came from. All they found in there waas a table and a diary. It was a room where they put a monk or a priest or something. They bricked it back up again. Thank You for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sportytiger-prettykity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Nysa - thank you for explaining things to Pip. And, Pip? One more thing. If we, the mods, find comments too offensive, we delete them.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Pip the karma points aren't for indicating that a comment is offensive, they are for indicating that you agree or disagree with the comment. Though someone would surely disagree with a comment they find offensive, that is not the only reason they might disagree. I cannot guess what someone found in your post that they disagree with, & unless they chose to state their disagreement you can only guess. As I understand it, the karma points are meant to communicate to readers that a commenter makes suggestions that people find useful or add to the conversation often (if high) or not useful (if low). So if someone shares an opinion on your story you have a quick way of assessing if the things the commenter says is likely to be an opinion shared by many or not. Of course people misuse the system voting against people because they don't like them or because that person expressed doubt in their story or voting up their "friends" but a lot of effort has been put into countering those misuses. It is not a perfect system perhaps but I think it is valuable. Anyway, I just thought this might help you understand the votes, even if we don't see clearly what someone disagreed with in this case.
Preciouspip (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
And again tell me what is affencive with the comment guys and I will understand x
Preciouspip (2 stories) (12 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
And I think its sad that someone has just rated my comment down when there is nothing wrong with it x
Preciouspip (2 stories) (12 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Leave this kid alone ok.
I may be ony slight few years older but come on
If anyone has something they seem to think scary mysterious, they can say.
We all have different things to scare us so put that in your view.

P.s why do people vote comments negative when they are fine, is it because the website is letting to many immature people in to have fun getting at people? FOR InnoCENT THINGS
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Apologies to everybody if I sounded rude in my post... I guess you can't express tone of voice in a text box. But as Devious said there are recently a lot of idiots (Usually, but not exclusively, children) posting made up crap that really de-values the site and annoys a lot of us.

Especially the fact that this author has stated she will not be taking part in discussion. Makes me think she was just bored at home and thought she'd come here and make fun of us
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I appreciate that you have a different opinion and definitely encourage you to share it! Sometimes a little positive argument is a good thing. 😊 I think it is noble of you to want to stick up for the "little guy" too, so definitely no qualms there.

Summer break for kids in the US is generally a period of about 2-3 months, between June and August, where the kids get out of school and take a break. Well, some of them anyway. Students can also volunteer to take summer classes, but most kids lounge around and get in trouble until school starts again.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
DeviousAngel~ Oh no I completely get what everyone else is saying, believe me I do, I guess I just wanted to put a different angle on it, when I saw that angle of it. If that makes sense? The under age for the site and still being able to post a story aspect concerns me a bit with this story (and others), and I think miracles handled that in her post brilliantly and fairly.

I'm not particularly familiar with the summer break as you call it being from Australia I had heard mention of an influx of said wool pullers, I guess I am having a "bleeding heart" moment for any of the little dears that are at least genuine with what they are trying to post up on this site, even if they are under age 😊

Thank you for an open and honest reply to my post, it's always a pleasure to deal with genuine souls such as yours most certainly seems to be 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
DS80,
Point taken and appreciated. Welcome to YGS... I see you have been here a bit, but thought I would say "hey".
DA speaks the truth, we get inundated at times with nonsense that seems to perpetuate more nonsense. If you stick around a while you will see what we mean... It gets even better when individuals open multiple accounts to stand in their own defense... Pretty sad.

Take care,
Granny...uh, I mean Lou

PS...if the picture on your profile is one of your "imaginary friends", I am ready to start reliving my childhood;)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
DragonStorm80: I can see where you are coming from and to a degree, I can partially agree. However, the age restriction still stands for a very good reason. I don't know if you have seen the recent stories over the past few weeks in particular, but we have had a massive rash of 12 year olds (and probably younger) who are bored on their summer break and come here specifically to troll the comments sections of stories and post malarky just for the purpose of seeing if they can pull the wool over the eyes of the community at large.

So hopefully you can understand where everyone is coming from here, too. I do not think people are scorning her for her writing skills based on her age; however, since there is an age restriction in place, there is the assumption that the people on this site are of a mature and adult mindset. They should also understand that not everyone will believe that their experience is true and be prepared to deal with the skeptics.

We all seek answers and truth through all of the insanity that goes on in the lives of the people that frequent this site. It's just a lot harder to find when so many throw falsities into the mix. When it comes down to it, the world of the paranormal likely coincides with things that are way over the average ADULT'S head, let alone the average child.

To quote Agent J from Men In Black, "Those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something."
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I'm not saying this story is true or false (although I am leaning toward the latter in my own opinion)

But guys please give this girl a break? As miracles has said she states in her profile that she is only 12 years old, now let's assume that this IS the truth, how many 12 year olds would you know, that would be able to write a "re enactment" of a paranormal happening as well as any one of us more mature members on this site?

This could well be her very first time, sharing and expressing her experience/s and beliefs in the paranormal, and I would hate to think that any rudeness on our part stunts her from growing forward in her education and growth of this topic especially when being at such a young age.

There is a story on here about an attic door written by a more mature member that people have explained "it was probably a one off with the wind" etc and not to be concerned, yet when this 12 year old attempts to explain something she may believe she saw, she gets shot down in flames because she is so young and did not write as well as an adult. I simply don't see any equality or fairness in that.

Yet again this is simply me expressing my opinion and I realize I am new to this site and by no means am I trying to pick a fight or cause anyone any upset at all. 😊
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Ah another child's over active imagination. You mention that you didn't hear the door opening, which leads me to believe that had you heard the door opening it would have been normal to see this girl, which leads me to believe that there was girl fitting this description in the house, who probably came in to see were you OK. You didn't hear her because of the thunder and the fact that you were dived under the duvet.

So there was a diary found on a table in an old room... All this says to me is that somebody who was in an old room before left a diary on the table. Anyone see that fabled BS Blankie laying about anywhere?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Hey Sporty-tiger inbox me my e-mail address in my profile just to want to ask you something also Love your story.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Being from the States, I'm not familiar with the weather patterns in the British Isles.

I've seen for myself the somewhat unusual phenomenon of lightning during a snowstorm, but is it common to have thunderstorms during the winter months? You mentioned Christmas break, and since you're not in the Southern Hemisphere, I'm at a loss to understand how conditions would be warm enough to spawn a thunderstorm.

How did the man hang himself from the arch? Ropes, belts, neckties and such don't jangle, chains do. Most suicides don't use something so heavy, and the practice of hanging criminals in chains died out about 200 years ago, give or take.

As to the hidden room, it seems awfully large for the 'priest holes' that were in some houses (particularly in the north of England) during the time it was a crime to practice the Catholic faith openly.

Of course, not knowing the dimensions of the house, it's hard for me to picture it; you describe it as about 3 meters wide, so to me that equals about nine feet, give or take a few inches. How long was the room? Ten feet? Twenty or thirty feet? In any case it sounds rather large; pretty big to hide one person.

Did anyone bother to pick up the diary and see if there was anything in it, like a date from the 16th or 17th century? Perhaps a name?

At 12, you really are too young to post here, and the situations you've described are kind of like the common run of ghost stories that have been part of folklore for years (although the pink pajamas and silver stars was something completely new, in my experience).

In the meantime, start taking notes on experiences you and yuor friends may have had. I do caution you on one thing, though--I wouldn't go out actively looking for encounters as a lark. Sometimes you may find yourself stirring up things you never intended to, and that can be problematic at best; possibly even dangerous.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Another 12 year old? No wonder this story made little sense. How is finding a hidden room with a diary ghostly? It's an interesting mystery, but I doubt it has anything to do with ghosts.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Where was the girl? Inside. Outside. Floating around? Please be more specific.

~LSD~
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Whatever the case Sporty-tiger, that is quite a strange thing to happen. Very weird indeed. Thanks all the same 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Sporty-tiger - I haven't read your story, but noticed that in your profile you state you are 12. The guidelines state you must be at least 13 years old to submit a story. Why don't you save any future stories for after you turn 13 and submit them then?

I also noticed you have no intention of participating in the discussion on your story. Since you're only 12, that's a good decision because guidelines state you must be 13 to comment. If you decide to submit any stories after you turn 13, you might want to reconsider participating in the discussion. People are more willing to take stories seriously when the author is willing to talk about them.

Hopefully we'll see you when you're 13, Sporty-tiger.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: