You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Invisible Marauder

Real Ghost Stories

The Invisible Marauder

 

It all began when me and my evil mother had to sacrifice comfort for suffiency and move after at least 4 1/2 months of living in cozy apartment after losing our new home we'd spent all summer remodeling. I was about 14 years old at the time in 2007 and I was vaguely afraid of the apartment. Upon entering it I was given the key to examine the size of the kitchen by mom so she could sit at home and converse on the phone. I just couldn't tell why.

Now that I recall it, there was something I recall hearing a disembodied voice and it was kind of faint, but I just couldn't shake the eerie feeling the apartment gave me. Within Spring 2008, my sister-in-law and my older brother had taken residence with the two of us, along with her son and their new baby.

Strange things began happening that March, like all of a sudden I was somehow becoming more intuitive, predicting disasters by dreams without realizing what they were at the time, feeling death's impending grip on others I knew that soon grew ill, eventually ending with their passing away, and things entering my mind and possessing it subconsiously. Then things started randomly sliding off cabinets, or reoccurringly from corner shelves, right up to a clock of the Holy Ascending falling from a wall in the early hours and shattering upon carpet. The weird thing about it is that it was directly above a loosely hung picture frame, but the frame was still there. The thing that has creeped me out since day the stuff began is the only room in the hallway it's a 3 bedroom apartment across from the bathroom.

Sometimes the door will resist being opened/closed, I have seen several apparitions enter/exit the doorway and sometimes enter the hallway. One time my fiance saw a tall figure in the bathroom and within the next hour I'd seen a blonde man wearing Wranglers (?) run undeneath a brightly lit street's lamp post and disappear. My fiance has reported seeing small, dark figures standing with his car.

Back in October, we were driving in the countryside at night after taking a kid home and we heard a woman start singing directly behind my seat, the radio was dead silent the whole time. Later that month, I recall sitting at the kitchen table, studying for a test. My fiance tells me he is going to see what mom wants because she is demanding that he has chat with her, I listen to my mom talk, hearing his irritated replies. All of a sudden, I look up to see him. I knew he was still in the backroom coming my way to the table and our eyes met, shocked. Then he's gone and my actual boyfriend comes in and I explain to him that I just saw some type of Doppelganger, he was astonished.

The most recent phenomenon was with my mom's dog. Back in February, My oldest sisters visited us and treated my mom and I to a night in Joplin, MO 40 minutes away and I was feeling great until that same eerie feeling returned. The dog felt it,too, but I just tried to ignore it and try to drown my unease in the comedic prowess of Craig Ferguson, but soon the dog was growling cautiously at something I couldn't see that was clearly interrupting his mealtime. He tried to continue eating nervously, looking over his shoulder at that same corner shelf where objects always seemed to fall from, but I decided to keep watching to find the source of the problem. Soon, I noticed an invisible type of dark shadow panning in and out of my vision, which I tried to ignore. But then as I looked back, I noticed something I couldn't see yank his bushy, little tail, causing him yelp loudly in pain. It's really scary and I really need some feedback on this. I think it's following me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MiraMoondove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
I'm sorry, windnine, but I was having some trouble following your sorry. It felt like it was all over the place. But I think I got the overall understand of it. You said that your mother was evil. I think at one point in time, we all think that one of our parents is evil. But my suggestion would be to create a positive atmosphere in your apartment, say your prayers according to your religion and if you can have someone come in to bless your home. Personally, I think that there might be a portal for ghosts in your apartment. One other suggestion would be to bring in a paranormal investigation group in to help find a solution (make sure that they are the real deal. Although there are real good groups, there equal amount of bad ones out there). Other then that I suggest taking some of the suggestions made by some of the other posters.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I know what going on Sound like you remind me of me I though of my mother is evil when was growing Let me guess Your mother always telling you what to do and also saying No No out of something you want to or something you can't have also Your Mother won't keep you from going or staying and Other things like I hate school and I don't know if you like school or not if not she keep you going school I hate school when I was young I don't want to get up like 5 or 6 in the morning cause I didn't get any sleep as a Kid due to sugar and I hate school cause Other kids made fun of me and not getting along. Any how My mother and I didn't get along cause we always becker and such you name it but for one things Windnine I really do love my mother she not evil and she strongly to have me stay in school cause don't want to be dumb or something I am not say you dumb or anything as a insult just try to understand Also when I was young I thought I was going to lose my mother and had bad dream about her died cause I already lost my father you can read the story of my daddy's death and the hooded figure. Now She all I have in my life even still have other family but no brothers and Sisters in the family but step father and step Brother also step sister in law and her two boys any how it don't mean your mother is evil for any reason I know she loves you but try be patient to grow up and go school and understand what she try to do I know she try to help you grow up and loving you it not mean evil it mean Special just like every mother that god put on earth for their reason is by loving. Now For your story wow Some of them poster is right about the engery I know that when my mother and I agrued or becker The Engery is picking up *Sample: I am something that wannt your Engery and stealing your engery and your mom's engery to make them paranormal or something Strongy. Do I make it clears? For another story about dog Animals can see and Sence things in paranormal that thing that pull your dog's tail not really nice I love animals myself that is harsh for the thing pull the tail. So Thanks for your story and I do Enjoyed reading I am sure the posters agreed with my saying that I try and No I am not a Mother But I just know how it feeling cause I used to be like you say evil mother just that I had same thing as my mother but it don't mean our mothers is evil shes loves us her children try to help their children to understand about the world and safe and such. Again thank you for the story.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I think that most of what is occuring is due to your attitude. Even if you do everything under the sun to get rid of these entites something else will take their place and that something else may not be as nice as these others have been. YOu are very negative and like attracks like.

First I think you need to rearrange your own energy before you try to focus it on other things.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I am interested to see your answers to the other questions people have asked, but I am also curious, where did you stay while you were in Joplin? Did you stay on a hotel or motel? I have a story up here about an experience of mine at a hotel in Joplin, so that's why I ask.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
After reading the first part of your story I immediately thought; POLTERGEIST! Negative feelings and thoughts attract spirits, but also causes you to manifest paranormal "things". You might be causing this yourself.

As for your psychic abillities; did they just happen, or was there a trauma? I'm not saying you're a liar! I'm just trying to figure out what suddenly caused your psychic abillities to kick in full steam. Usually it slowly graduates from something smaller to what you have. Unless something caused it to "come forth" so quickly.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I don't understand the last paragraph, you were in Joplin watching a comedian when your dog was having his meal time?

I also can't understand the relevance to saying something about your mother they you have when you began this story...

A marauder is like a pirate, someone who pillages for the spoils, or upon the magic of google, is also some US government fusion project... I fail to see how either one associates to your story.

However I agree that the advice lynrinth has given you is sound advice and I hope you resolve the issues sooner rather than later.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
windnine,
The title of this story is "The Invisible Marauder". So where or who is this person? I have found nothing in your story that has anything to do with a marauder.
Other than that I'd go with the advice lynrinth has laid out for you. I don't know what your problems are with your mother, but after your first sentence I nearly passed this story up. Speaking badly of a parent without any explanation just makes you look temperamental and that makes it hard to give an honest assessment.

Jav
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Or a searcher that was invisible or an invisible raider?

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
So what's a Maurader? I've heard of a Mercury Maurader car... But what the heck are you talking about? I'm a little confused. & why is your mom evil?

~LSD~
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
'Evil mother'? Excuse me for saying this, but it seems as though you may have had other issues, particular with your mother, then having a shadow spirit following you. Which, in turn, can also help contribute to your paranormal problems. Negative energy. If you had a lot of negative energy already; meaning depression, anger, stress, sadness, and nervousness, spirits can feed off this energy. It could have had helped them manifest themselves enough to be seen. In addition to, I presume sort of incident at the apartment, to the apartment itself. It was probably was haunted already. Maybe a portal of some sorts? As for the sudden pyschic abilities, have you had this before? I have read accounts where people have had intuitive thoughts all of sudden happen to them, where it never did before. The apartment caused this? Who really knows. So, spirits are following you, too? Probably cause they know you can sense them now. For your problem. Please, try to stay calm as you can. Being stressed out can only make it worse. You may need to take certain action. The usual--prayer for relief, tell the spirits, firmly to leave you be, or maybe a blessing for the apartment. For me, it seems like your mother stresses you out. Perphaps just stay away for awhile, I think you have done that already, and see what happens. This will not go away overnight. All you can do is read the advice that will come your way on this site, talk to a trusted person who will listen maybe. And trust your gut. I whole heartily recommend. At least you are not alone in this. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: