You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadow Looking Out Of The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadow Looking Out Of The Window

 

When I first lived in Virginia we had a house on an airforce base, because my dad was in the military. Well it was a week or so before Christmas, and my 2 sisters, my parents and I were decorating the outside of the house. My 3 brothers and our dogs were inside of the house, and our dogs were in the kennel for bedtime because we have previously had problems with our dogs getting into everything in the house when we weren't in the house.

So we were decorating the front of the house with strands of light when we heard a sound from my parents' bedroom window. I looked up quickly and we all saw a black shadow standing under the blinds looking out of the window. When it turned and saw my family and I looking at it, the shadow disappeared out of the window, making the blinds smack hard into the window.

At first I thought it was my brother getting into the bedroom, so I went to get him out of my parents' bedroom. That would have explained it all, except for the fact that when I went into the livingroom, all 3 of my brothers were fast asleep on the couch and the dogs were still in the kennel.

I went upstairs and looked around and in all of the rooms and there was no one in else in the house. My parents and I are still wondering what was in the window of their room, and why it seemed scared of us when we saw it.

I wonder why some spirits are afraid of us, and why they get attatched to certain people or get attatched to certain houses. Are they just trying to pass on?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bratslovergirl2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Rook

I will do so. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it, and I think it will help me figure out what's going on here. Once again, thanks. 😊

Carolann
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
bratslovergirl2011,

May have passed to you from your Grandmother... Like a 'every other' generation thing. It may be something that has 'opened' along with the 'Poltergeist' activity. It may or may not go away when the Poltergeist activity ends. If what is happening is Poltergeist Activity once Puberty has completely ended the activity will as well.

Your 'sensitivity' may 'turn off' at the same time, but (Smart money again) Talk to your Grandmother...I'll go out on a limb and say that her 'ability' started when she was 10-12 years old... That fits the theory that this 'sensitivity' may run in the family... You may also want to talk to your Mother as well... Between you and your Grandmother you may learn she is ACTUALLY IS a 'sensitive' as well and that it did not 'skip' a generation.

Respectfully,

Rook
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Rook

Yoou are completely right on how they have gotten stronger since then. And I really appreciate your help. 😊 Thanks. I wonder if the sensitivity means something...

Carolann
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
bratslovergirl2011,

When did the objects moving around you begin? (Smart money goes on these facts...)

You were 11/12 years old... Puberty had just started and the older you have gotten the number of experiences has decreased... Yet now when they happen they are 'stronger'.

I am not an expert, no one in this 'field' can claim that... To many unproven theories... I try to base my observations and advice on common sense and what I have learned from my own experiences. I hope I've been of some help to you or at least given you somethings to think about.

Respectfully,

Rook
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Rook

Haha you say your not an expert, and yet youve given much advise and helped many people on this website. 😊

And yes, I have had many experieces with things moving around me and odd noises. In the homes we've lived in since the christmas incident, I have become used to things moving around me. Many times there have been a deck of cards put on top of our tv, and they fly off one by one until they are all on the floor. Today, even, I had an expirience where q foot rest flew off of a rocking chair where I had put it. And my grandma belives in the paranormal, she is also sensitive to it and has had many expiriences.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
bratslovergirl2011,

If your a sensitive and I see that you are a teenager as well these two things could be related...

I do not claim to be an expert... However there are theories that run from people being randomly 'sensitive' to the 'gift' running in Families. You may want to start by asking your grandmother...

The fan may be a coincidence however... As I pointed out I saw where you are a teenager... I will guess you are in your mid to late teens (15-17) and ask you this... Do you have any other experiences with things moving around you? Or odd sounds happening around near you? I ask because there is a chance the fan moving was due to Poltergeist Activity. Again, I'm not an expert, just offering Ideas.

Respectfully,

Rook
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Yes, very soon after my mother got a call from my grandma saying that she was going to take the next flight.
Nobody that I know of has psychic abilities, although I know I am very sensitive to the presence of the paranomal; I always have a feeling when there is a spirit in a home. And just now in my house, I had gotten up and felt like someone was watching me, and hear sort of a whispering sound as well...

Could this be at all related to the fan incident?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
bratslovergirl2011,

Maybe not so much of a warning but a 'psychic' heads up. The timing of this... Was your grandmother just learning about her canceled flight?

Another question that should be asked is this... Does anyone in your family have psychic abilities? If so this could help explain why this happened.

Again, just a thought or two as to what may have happened with this fan.

Respectfully,

Rook
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Rook

The speed of the blades were spinning as if it was on medium, or high.

Actually, my grandma was supposed to be getting on a plane that night, but it ended up being booked so she had to take the next plane. Could it of been warning me...?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
bratslovergirl2011,

Uh...Ummmmmmm 42 the answer is 42... 😉

So the Facts...Fan, Off and unplugged but the blades are spinning fast... Do you mean like the fan as on 'low'?

Think about the day this happened... Did you receive information concerning possible 'air travel' for yourself or close family? (fan may have represented the 'propeller' on a plane)

Fans also cool things off... Did you receive news that someone you know was sick? Or did you yourself come down with a fever?

Does a past loved one have a connection to a 'Fan' or fan type object? If so perhaps they were trying to communicate with you, or at least let you know they were there... Maybe it was their 'birthday' or some other important date in their life.

Just a few ideas...it's really hard to say.

Respectfully,

Rook
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Rook

Sorry I didn't see your other comment. 😊 Yes there have been other experiences in that house, from feelings of someone watching me to hearing whispering. I now live somewhere else... And recently had another experience. The fan in my room was unplugged and turned off, and when I went into the room the bladw was spinning really fast, and there was no breeze. Do you know a possible reason for this? Thanks for your imput. 😊
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Rook

Yes, the children were alseep, and we were right outside of the house... Which is why I said that it was a SPIRIT. My facts do make sense to me, I am not saying it was an intruder, I think it was paranormal.

Moongrim

I am sure that they were sleeping; and I don't think they could haave run downstairs that fast, right? 😊
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
BlueTurtle

What we heard that made us look up was the blinds rustling. I think you are right, they are shy, and this ones never done any harm.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
All 3 of your brothers fast asleep, or pretending to be asleep?
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
This is a great story, certainly quite freaky. That it chose to show itself to you while you were outside the home, decorating for Christmas... Well maybe it wanted to join in the festivities, but was too shy? What happened to Olivia1234's comment? I'm guessing it dismissed this story as an intruder in the home, but why isn't the comment there anymore?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
Olivia1234,

Please re-read the experience...you'll find that there were children asleep in the living room and dogs in a kennel, an unlikely situation for an intruder to enter the home under and the rest of the family was outside decorating the home for Christmas. Review the facts.

Bratslovergirl2011,

Did you have any other experiences in this particular home? Thank you for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
This is certainly freaky, and I wonder why it only happened when you were outside of the house. Maybe the unique perspective of looking out-in helped the fact that you and your family saw it. What kind of sound did it make that made you look up to see it? Spirits are certainly shy creatures, otherwise I guess they'd be out in the open a lot more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: