You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandma, Danny, And Norman

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma, Danny, And Norman

 

I have several stories to share. Some from before my time, but I feel like I should still share. I'll begin with my Aunt Holly. Her first husband died in a drunk driving motorcycle accident in 1987, approximately 6 months after my grandma (her mother) died. My Aunt Holly re-married and gave birth to my cousin Danielle in 1990.

One night when family was staying over at her house they heard noise on my then 2 year old cousin's baby monitor. They heard "demonic" noises (by they I mean my Aunt Chari, and other cousins). They went and checked and she was awake. They got her back to sleep and thought it was interference or something. The next morning at breakfast my cousin mentioned something about a man in her room, everyone asked "Who?". She replied "Danny". My aunt had never told her of Danny, but even if she had she would not have been able to comprehend it.

This next part is all for my Grandma. She has made her presence quite known since her death in 87'. The first two stories take place with the same people in the same place.

My uncle Robert lives in the house he grew up in (with my dad and all 4 of their siblings) and is the house my grandma lived in until she died. Some of her belongings are still on a shelf that goes around the perimeter of the dining room. One of the belongings was my grandmas favorite music box that looked like an upright piano. Being untouched for years it hadn't been wound up, so when it began playing one morning everyone was shocked and quite tense about it.

Fast forward a few years, my uncle is now married to someone else, and she had an experience. She had never seen a picture of my grandmother, and she was never described to her either. My new aunt was watching a movie and saw someone standing next to her. Thinking it was my uncle she asked "what are you doing?" My uncle was outside smoking and came up to the living room window (which was next to where she was sitting) and said "smoking, why?".

My aunt began to freak out and when my uncle said "what did you see?" She went into full detail as if my grandma was still alive saying "She was Blonde, with a pink muu muu stuck up her butt." (I have been told my Grandmother wasn't the classiest lady) and my uncle confirmed it was her.

Now to what happened directly to me. I came home from school one day and from my living room you can see straight down our hallway where all our bedrooms are. I put down my bookbag, looked up and saw at the entrance to the hall a woman wearing a loose dress (muu muu) standing in front of the bathroom door looking into our dining room. Shortly after a curio cabinet containing a music box (ironically shaped like a piano) went off. Didn't hear much after that, but doesn't mean she wasn't there. Until last night when she showed herself.

I saw her standing to my left with her hands on her hips as she leaned forward like she was going to tell me something when she vanished. I was so scared and started crying (yes I'm a 17 year old male and I cried) because I had never been that close to a ghost before. But I feel like she needs to tell me something.

My Aunt Chari said she feels she is trying to be reached too, but I haven't gotten anything. Opinions please, thanks.

Other hauntings by CronishaxGurl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CronishaxGurl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CronishaxGurl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
[at] Mountaineer: My Grandmother had Breast Cancer and died when she was 49. [at] Aprilsnanny35: My Grandmother was indeed a smoker, however she died of Breast Cancer. I'm going to go with your theory because I heard she did often cough, and hack. Thank you for the insight:)
CronishaxGurl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
[at] fanny: Haha no you didn't miss anything, I figured someone would point it out but I forgot to add that story to this post. I feel like such an idiot...
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Umm, who's Norman? Did I miss something? It's entirely possible as I'm supposed to be doing work but I'm not... Don't tell!

Best,
Fanny ❤
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Thanks for sharing such a good story. Couldn't agree more that crying and admitting to it is a sign of being a real man! I am wondering if maybe your Grandma was a smoker and died of a respiratory disease? This could have been the "barking" sound heard?
Wishing you well.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Great story! And your grandma died before your great grandparents? Well that's unusual. Was it a natural death like disease or old age or did she have some kind of accident?
CronishaxGurl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Thank you everyone for your feedback. [at] Taz890: Yes it was my baby cousin who saw Danny, and by demonic I mean, like barking, not like a dog. But loud hissing and barking, they had neither a dog or cat at the time. And I think I discovered why she was upset. We went on a vacation in May of this year and the day we left my Grandmothers best friend (my great uncles wife) passed away and we couldn't make it to her funeral. Although it was delayed I believe it may have something to do with that. I also believe that she is warning of my great grandparents death possibly in the near future. [at] stephyw2001: Haha thank you, I hope she doesn't take it personal, I just get scared easily 😨 [at] otteer: I took your advice and now have had much more activity, I will be posting those stories very soon. [at] Lilady4: Haha thank you I feel that I have the gist of what she was trying to tell me, it might be one of my theories or both, hopefully since she has been around more, I'll figure it out soon.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Don't worry about the crying as it's a natural reaction in some people. It is good to cry. It's just today that society expects men/males to be "macho". So kudos for admitting to that.
Your Grandmother probably does need to communicate with you and try to get something across to you and your Aunt Chari.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Great story. Well now that you have had your fright you can be be prepared for the next visit. This is what I would do, based on what other people have said in past posts. Talk to Gran like she is there all the time. She can hear you, tell her you suspect she is trying to convey a message and you will be happy to hear it. Lay out a tape recorder every once in a while and invite her to talk. Put some flowers next to the piano music box as a sign of respect too, to let her know you are thinking of her. Maybe this will get her to leave knowing she is thought of, or, have her convey her message.
Lol the muu muu up the rear... Sorry but I burst out laughing... As we get older we go for comfort... Way to go granny, my muu muu is my big ole tee shirts!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
great story's thanks for adding them
It sounds like grandma is still around a lot and setting off the piano is her way of letting you know. That and showing up!
Now when you say noises were heard (demonic) what kind of noises?
Was it your baby cousin who saw danny? Nice to think he was popping by to see the baby all the same.
Personal question now but had you been doing anything that you should not have? Even something small like missing classes only the way you describe your grannys way of standing and leaning towards you does sound like you were about to get a telling off for some thing, know my gran would stand the same way.
All the best
Carl
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
It takes a real man to confess to crying. Kudos! However, if I were family, and the sight of me made you cry, I might be a bit offended. 😜 Next time try to not freak out! I'm sure you'll be fine. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: