You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Goofy Ghost Chase

Real Ghost Stories

Goofy Ghost Chase

 

Two years ago I used to live in an apartment in Kenai Alaska with my mother and kid. Kenai is known for having quite a bit of ghost activity especially in "old town Kenai." Random things would happen in Kenai.

My kid would constantly see things that adults couldn't. Like when we were at the Toyatka's for lunch my daughter would wave out the window when there would be no one there.

I was only 26 living there and well, I know I wasn't getting "old" like people usually say. I'm organized enough to where I have a memory that I can back track to previous moments and remember exactly where I put something. For example, there is one place in our house where I always put my hairbrush; in the bathroom in a designated spot on the counter. Sometimes I would take it to my room to brush my kid's hair but usually it always stayed in the bathroom.

So in the bathroom when I needed to brush my hair it wouldn't be there so I would go check my room and it wouldn't be there either. I would go back to the bathroom and voila there it is back on the bathroom counter in a different spot then where I know it belongs.

It especially liked to make itself known that it was there when I was all alone or when all of us where in one spot. It would make noises in the kitchen when I was in my bedroom. I would go check to see if my mom came back home with my kid but to no avail; nothing would be there. When me, my mother and kid were busy in the living room it would make it sound like something had fallen in the bedroom or bathroom. I would go check and everything was as we left it before.

The most memorable story of the ghost is when I, my mother and kid were leaving to go somewhere. My mom and daughter both got ready faster than I could so they went out the door before me. I went into the kitchen to grab something and I thought my mom came back in because I heard the door open then close. We had an island type place where we could walk all the way around into the kitchen, living room and hallway to out the door.

I needed to ask my mother a question so when I was in the kitchen I walked towards the door in the hallway. My "mother" turned out to be the ghost went the other way. I could hear the footsteps so I started the other way thinking, ok we'll meet someplace in the middle. When I happened to change directions the noise changed directions too so I thought maybe I could go faster and catch up to her and started chasing the noise.

After a go around I started thinking, my mom wouldn't run away from me... Maybe she's out in the car waiting for me. I looked out the living room window and sure enough she was out in the passenger side of the car. Freaked out I dashed to the door and went out to join her and told her my exciting "ghost chase" of a story.

Other hauntings by quixoticqt

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quixoticqt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
LOL. Hm, It's nice to know that I'm still a young adult even though I'm 4 years shy of being as old as Jesus was when he died... I thought young adults were teens.

Qt
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
stephyw2001~ LMFAO silly goose

Ngute80~ thank you, glad you liked it, but the ghosts was mostly a nuisance ghost

Ghostboi~ No it wasn't a child spirit, it was a manly ghost, I would smell it sometimes and it smelled like a man, not only that it would wear heavy boots. I should have known it wasn't my mom because it was so loud, my mom doesn't walk that loud. Sorry I have a daughter. She used to see ghosts when her speach wasn't fully formed about age 2.5-3.

CandyPrincess~ sure thing g-string *laugh*

King-Jack~ thanks & OMG! I'm not gay so I hope not. If he was gay that would be a different story. I feel sorry for gay men; Just how they got to be how they are wonder if it hurt to be that way. Definatly not sorry for the ones that could put on makeup better then me, oh and those that use pumps that I would never get caught in *laugh* all you brave men out there.

Sorry every one... I sort of lied about it being 2 years ago. It was 3 years ago. I just turned 29 not to long ago and I'm still thinking I'm 28. *sigh* TIME GOES BY SO FAST!
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
The story was entertaining and I love your writing style. However, I have one question.

Is CandyPrincess hitting on you?
CandyPrincess12 (3 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
I am totally in love with this story babe. I can totally relate to it. Man, I sure do like this site. Talk to me sometime. You seem awesome. ❤ 😁
ghostboi (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
that is a cool story maybe it is a little child spirit just having some fun with you how old was your son/daughter at the time it could be his/her guardian angel never said wether it was your son or daughter
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I love the title to your story. I also enjoyed reading it. It sounds like a harmless spirit who is just curious. Keep us posted:-)
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Ha that's kind of funny stephy, and great story:D enjoyed it very much:D
stephyw2001 (guest)
+7
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Haha cute! 😆 I've always hoped to see a ghost, ever since I was little. (I've never actually seen one 😢) When I hear something, I chase it too! (Perhaps this is why I haven't seen one. Ghosts are probably like "that b**** is crazy! Run away!") 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: