You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Half Brother Mike

Real Ghost Stories

My Half Brother Mike

 

I was 5 months pregnant and I hated every month of it. On May 25th (I remember it being a Wednesday) I felt unusually uncomfortable. I was woken up around 2 something in the morning like someone was looking at me. I turned around and saw nothing there. Being kind of irked I was thinking, "OMG, I have to go to work in the morning. This has got to stop." so I whispered, "In Jesus names leave me alone."

I turned back to look and I felt as if it was trying to say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. Don't worry, I'm Okay, I love you..." and then it headed out the window.

After that night I felt very depressed. Something big happened in my family and I had no idea what. My mother even told me she felt very sad and something was hurting her heart. This went on for a couple of days. Finally my mother received a grim phone call that her son (that she adopted out of our family) died. When I was a child I never knew I had an older brother. When I found out that I had a brother I found his address and started to write letters to him. At that age I was gun-hoe for Jesus. Everything I did I did for my God and I let my brother know that through the letters I sent him.

Later after writing letters to him and when I lived in Nome we met up and he taught me and my younger brother how to play card games. For a long time I kept all of his letters. But since moving around so much I singled one of the letters I liked the most and kept it. My heart felt sorry for him that he was adopted into his father's side of the family and that we never really knew him. I always felt that he was sad/depressed. I sometimes would ask him but he would just say his life was hard and that he didn't want me to feel bad for him.

Now that I'm older and that an article was written about him I understand his predicament. I just didn't at the time know to what extent his "living a hard life" was. This article I'm going to be posting about his life is graphic. I received this article a long time ago, but after 4 years I finally stomached up to reading it.

My half brothers name was Michael Deland Woyupuk, born October 9th, 1979, died May 25th, 2005.

Other hauntings by quixoticqt

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quixoticqt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
kelseyoakes,
I think he shot himself? They found a gun wound in his head I think...? Not to sure. Coulda been the cops too... Never know. Nome is one of the worst currupted places in the whole world... Whales is not to far from it.
❤ Qt
kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but how did he die? It's such a sad story: (
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
quixoticqt,
Thank you for bringing the article to my attention. I was just spellbound reading the history of the sadness that has prevailed for so long in the far reaches of the north. The way the author explained the tragedies and the resulting makeshift solutions to them was very interesting. It helped to understand, even if only a little bit, what drives one person to do the unthinkable, as if fate had given them no other choice.
It is such a sad and gripping tale, and it will stay with me always. Thank you again for sharing this here, it really means a lot. I'm glad you got to know him, even for the short time you had. It does make a difference, because even though he is not here with you, he is in your heart. And the fact that he knew that had to give him peace in the end.

Jav ❤ ❤ ❤
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
Jav, if you left click on "an article was written about him" and open that sight it will bring you to the article that was written about him. Its off the Walrus Magazine.
Thanks for the condolances. Its very much appreciated.
Yeah, I know I haven't been on this sight for a while. Sorry. Been busy with getting used to not working again and trying to find another job. *sigh*
❤ Qt
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I am so so sorry for your loss. It is something no matter how many years go by that you will miss them. It is good that you were able to make a connection with him and I can probably tell (because this is how older siblings are I am one) when you were able to visit him and vice versa were probably the greatest times of his life. I am so sorry his life was so graphic and unkind to him. My thoughts are with those of you and your family. And as Jav said best, you have made him very proud ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
quixoticqt,
That is heartbreakingly sad already. That you were able to make the brother and sister connection when you did find out about his existence is why he came to you that night. It was obviously a bright light in his hard life, and I believe he wanted you to know that.
I will wait for you to post the article about him. I am very interested in reading that too.
Thank you for sharing such a close and personal account. I'm sure you have made your brother proud. ❤

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: