You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Green Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Green Room

 

As my cousin was visiting me in the UK from the USA, we were staying in my grandparents house for the week that she was over. The house itself is extremely old as it used to be a Lord's house many years ago and is known to be haunted by everyone who stays up there. My cousin and I, already having discovered that it was haunted weren't too afraid but were still on edge when we were left alone in the house.

Last night, we stayed in my cousin's temporary sleeping area, a small room by a narrow attic stair that leads to two separate rooms in the peak of the house. We were underneath one of them, a room which we call 'The Green Room' which is known by us and others to have a spirit in. We know this for certain as when staying up there we have been met by strange noises, shadows and peculiar feelings of distaste.

Throughout our time in our room last night, we had been hearing all sorts of tapping and scraping noises but as we were used to them, we decided to let whatever it was be and carry on with what we were doing. We said our good night's at 11:30 and settled down to sleep for the night; with me on the blow up mattress on the floor and my cousin in her bed next to me.

At 2:30am I was awoken by my cousin's frantic tapping on my shoulder and I could soon hear why she was so panicked. Above us in 'The Green Room' we could hear an immense amount of banging and crashing around, like somebody was up there throwing things all over the floor. We could also hear the attic door slamming and a series of footsteps stomping up and down the stairs and into the rooms above us. We knew for certain that our grandparents were in their beds asleep as they would not be up this early in the morning destroying the rooms up there. So who else could it be but the spirits that haunted that area?

The banging and the crashing carried on through the night nonetheless, waking me and my cousin up several other times. Even though we know the house is haunted and somewhat troubled by the things that walk unseen there, we have never been this afraid before. We still haven't had the courage to go and look in the attic rooms but we are sure something paranormal went on.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time for something like that to happen. We've not felt threatened by the attic's rooms many times before but I admit to having felt a cold breeze every time I've walked past the door.

If last nights experience was anything other than a nightmare, it was a mystery and the start of a curious urge to find out what really is in 'The Green Room.'

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GMFPiglets, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
So far the only unusual thing here is that loud banging sounds. As for everything else, it can be explained. It's an old house, it is going to have a frew drafty rooms so no surprise about the cold you feel walking past some rooms. All objects will cast shadows, sometimes these shadows will look weird be sure to investigate these shadows before crying "ghost". The tapping and scraping could just be this old house making old house noises. The feeling of distaste could just be people not liking the room. Remember, just because a house is old does not make it haunted. Don't go putting cameras in the rooms all night, or trying to get evps. Try simply telling the spirits to stop if you do find evidance of it being haunted.
GMFPiglets (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Oh- and we think that whatever is haunting the "Green Room" is only connected to that room. Also, we do know lots of history of the house, but we will post that in other stories, coming soon!
GMFPiglets (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Thankyou for commenting everyone! In answer to some of your questions, we did not go see in the morning. We were way to scared to go check. Our grandparents never tell us too much because they don't want me and my cousin to get scared. There are more stories we both have to tell about this house, but the site is slow on publishing stories, so it might take a while. The house is for sure haunted, as stories that weren't passed from our grandparents were told by our parents who have also lived in the house since they were small children! What we can say is we were VERY scared, and had (somewhat) the same experience the night before I left back to America. Keep looking for our stories, as we will be posting more that we aren't able to at the moment. But again, we were very scared, and to my knowlegde, we did not suspect anything was dissarray in the morning, more like someone was banging against the walls, and stomping on the ground! We Will post more of our experiences soon! Thankyou for commenting!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
I do think that you should try and find out who is 'Haunting' the Green Room. It would be quite interesting to find out who occupied that house/room and the history behind the house/room. But, I urge you to never use a Ouija Board to communicate with Spirit.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
this is a good story, if I were you I would put a camera in the room and leave over night and see if anything happens... Look forward to hearing from you if you do it ❤
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
If there is something up there, I would go out on a limb and say it was not happy that night. When you get the courage to check it out you should post your findings, whether you find there was a completely mundane explanation or find things that raise even more questions.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
GMFPiglets - You really shouldn't jump to the immediate conclusion that what you heard in the night was definitely paranormal when you have no evidence to prove that it was indeed paranormal. You automatically assumed because the house is "haunted" that the ghost (s) created the noises, but that's not always the case. Like I tell my little boy, it's not right to blame our ghosts for something they may not have done. I'm giving you the same lecture.

You have, or at least had, the perfect opportunity to check out the situation to see if there were shutters that could have been flapping against the house, which could have caused the banging and crashing. There could have been a broken window that could let wind in and could be responsible for the attic door slamming. There are so many things that could have been going on that had nothing to do with anything paranormal. But because you and your cousin had already convinced yourselves that you were going to experience something since the house is "haunted," you did.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I had the same sort of stuff go on in certain rooms of an old house in ny tgat I lived in - but every time I checked there was nothing out of place
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
How exciting! You didn't go check it out in the morning? Why not? I'd be DYING to see if anything were amuck (no pun intended). I say, get on up there! Don't go at night if you are afraid, but go in the daylight! Set up a camera!😁 This should be more exciting for you than scary. And definitely ask family about it! Maybe they can confirm your story!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
At first I would have said that the minor noises were probably just the old house being old. But violent noises like that probably deserve more of an explanation. I really can't give you that explanation. I know you said it was a lord's house. Do you know any more of the history of that property? Do your grandparents ever mention sightings or hearing things? Maybe the ghost made so much noise that night because it wasn't used to so much human activity in the home. I'd be pretty upset if a ghost kept me up like that. Was the room in disarray the next day?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: