You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Shadow Man

 

In my recent story I had told you about the ghost well, I explained what had been happening to my mom. It turn's out that she has seen things to and was relieved that she herself had not been imagining the horrifying event's. We decided to move and now we live in a beautiful two story house. Things were better; at least for a little while.

Things began to occur three weeks after moving in. My mother has not had anything happen yet. It is not the same ghost that haunted my last house it is something else; something far more evil and dangerous! Let me start from the very first time I was harmed.

My friend Aubrey came over to my new house, her parents abused her so she has officially moved in with us. While we were unpacking her things a picture that was already in the house before we moved in flew off the wall and hit me in the face. Note, I was all the way across the room. Also that night me and Aubrey were so scared we just decided to stay up all night.

When I went to go get us some drinks I was pushed out of the room and the door was locked from the inside. I heard Aubrey scream and when I opened the door she was in the closet with the door wide open and she was shaking.

The next morning she told me what she had described as the Dark Shadow said to her. He told her that this was only the beginning and that we had stepped through the front door of hell.

Please help us. I feel if I do not get help soon I will be hurt again or possibly dead. I really hope you guys have some good advice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, makaylaleanne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
luvtigerz92,

Yes, you need help. Talk to a psychologist, your school counselor or a teacher, just because your mom is on vacation that doesn't mean they are on vacation too.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
"Everyone please stop fighting!"
-Um, no one is fighting... Dramatic.

"I need help here"
-Yes, and the people that accepted your story offered you solutions. Did you listen to those?

"More things Have been Happening to I will Write about those later on."
-Please don't.

"And I am not able to get in touch with anyone."
-Yeah... It's 2011, that excuse isn't going to work.

" I honestly think I am a magnet to the paranormal"
-I think everyone here agrees that that's exactly what you're going for. So it seems like that's a good thing, no?

You need to stop all this. And if you are serious, which at this point is almost out of the question, then I suggest you respond to these comments.
Caz (342 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Luvztigers...I took you at face value and told you how to get help! You obviously haven't taken my advice... Why not? Are you just seeking attention perhaps?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
luvztigers: Maybe someone could help you if you would just answer the questions posed at the begining of this thread...You've submitted two stories and have only 6 posts... I have yet to see any questions answered about the "experience", your abused friend, etc... In fact, your most recent comment was posted 4 or 5 DAYS after the story was published... This behaviour belies your desperate plea for help...

Lose the attitude, and become a participant in YOUR thread, otherwise stop wasting our members' time...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
What exactly do you think the people on this site can do? Nobody here is going to run to the house of a minor to exorcize your spiritual baddies. There is an article on smudging your house listed under "articles" at the top of the page if you believe there is something that needs removed. Many comments on this site recommend other methods if you prefer. However many of the commenters on both of your stories agree that the kind of help you need is psychological or emotional. Asking adults (parents, teachers, etc) will get you that help.

Incidentally, nobody is fighting. Other than a minor disagreement over appropriate topics, what we have been having is a discussion concerning the possibilities of events like the ones you describe. The fact that you say it happened to you does not mean it is actually possible.
luvztigers92 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
Everyone please stop fighting! I need help here and it must be capable of pushing because I was pushed. More things Have been Happening to I will Write about those later on. And I am not able to get in touch with anyone. My mother is on vacation And my dad would never believe me. I honestly think I am a magnet to the paranormal
😕
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
I mentioned on another thread here an article I recently read about observations of the brain that showed what was physically happening in the brain that "explain" near death experiences. I believe brain scans have been done on people speaking in tongues & people in prayer & deep spiritual meditation. It would be fascinating to have brain scans of people seeing ghosts, though obviously much more difficult to arrange. I wonder if our own brains play any role in forming the image, sound or physical sensation. Not just in the obvious hallucinatory way, but like an outside force affecting our brains to form the sensory experience. Perhaps even using our own energy to physically move us.
Caz (342 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
Luvztigers...You need to get help and fast! Get in touch with one of the larger Spiritualist organizations, rather than a smaller local spiritualist church, which may not have anyone with the experience to deal with a violent entity! You should be able to find one on the net quite easily! Tell them exactly what has been happening and I'm sure they'll know who the best person is to help you! I had to do this myself, just a few weeks ago! Good luck!
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
Ive got to say as far as "hijacking" the comments section I'm with Jav and Dusty. Its not "hijacking" its pertaining to the story and the fightings stopped.

As to the story and related discussion, its got me thinking about all this too. Just what can a spirit/ghost/demon etc be capable of?

[at] rook if you find anything relating to it please let us all know. I'm going to try doing a little research myself but no idea what to search for at this point 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
I believe a discussion which has grown naturally from discussion of the story is acceptable.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] TID,
I'm following the conversation myself, it's very interesting. Relax man. At least the fighting stopped.
And to be honest old boy, you've done the same, with abandon, in the not so distant past yourself.
People are learning and discussing, sounds good to me.

Jav
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
well, in this case, what we were talking about was pertaining to her story and the origin of what it was she saw so I'm not really worried about it.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Dusty - This is *not* a forum. I made the mistake of "hijacking" the comments area under a person's story once. While I was talking mainly about paranormal stuff, it was completely unrelated to the story I posted the comments under. This "hijacking" didn't sit well with some of the mods. So, I immediately ceased and have not done it since.

As you can see, I found out the hard way that "hijacking" the comments area under a person's story is not proper etiquette on YGS. Thus, I kindly request that you do not use the comments area under any particular story to discuss things that are unrelated to that story.

Luvztigers92 - I apologize for the interruption. I've made my point and will not make another OT comment under this story.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] beautinside, yeah after having paranormal experiences in our family my whole life, I used to tell people when I was a teen and young adult about it whenever I got the chance.

I quickly learned however that a LOT of people will judge you and quickly turn their backs on you once they find out that you claim to have had experiences with ghosts. For the most part, people are honest here, and will give you advice. And it's just really cool to discuss things like "what is a ghost made of" and "can spirits kill" and not have people look at you like a complete nutbag lol. It's one of the few places online you can do that at.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] dusty- Yes, you are right.

It feels really good being able to exchange ideas of something that we can't talk openly with some people, at least not in my country. Here, people have a closed mind and it's not easy to get answers.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] Nysa- well, I think I really had an OBE 😕
I get the feeling of being in some places that I have never been or seen before a lot! And I don't recall any other time that I saw myself asleep, but what happens many times is waking up with a spasm... Could that be?
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] beautinside well, the comment boards here are a forum for us to discuss a kinds of paranormal things. It's kind of a message board forum of sorts. I think it's perfectly appropriate to discuss this here, so I think you're fine so I wouldn't worry. Because where else is there to go to discuss it?

As for me, I've already told the OP what I think the issue may be in her "experience". I always try to not to enable or encourage that kind of stuff. I had a friend who was a secret self-mutilator for years and her life ended ended in tragedy. So nowadays I always try to encourage people to find professionals to help them and to talk about it with.

I'm always wary when the lines surrounding supposed "demonic possessions" and the like and mental health issues start to be blurred so flippantly to push and agenda or to get attention.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] dusty- If that really was an OBE, I don't know how I did that, but if I knew I'd definitely let you know.

If it's possible, maybe this is why when we go to somewhere new- that you've never heard of or have never been there before- you get the feeling that you know the place and that you have been there. You know, some sort of d
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Dustyisdead- I remember my father having an OBE when I was about ten. He was a night watchmen and all by himself and one night he was really tired and sat down and fell asleep. He said he got up and turned around and could see himself sleeping and that for some reason he was really angry and started kicking boxes around and throwing stuff and when he woke he had to clean-up the mess he had made. Thats why he believed he had an OBE and not just a dream so from that account I would say that yes you can move things while out of body.

Champion
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Beautyinside what you describe is exactly what people describe having an OBE is like. People who do it on purpose claim that you can in fact travel to other places, though I have seen arguments over whether they have to be places you have already been or not, and that you can interact with other people. Apparently when you try to interact with people who are awake they may or may not perceive you, rather like ghosts I expect. They may see you or only sense you, or even smell your perfume. Or they may have no idea you were there. I can't really say if any of that is true because I have never had an OBE or tried to astral travel, as they call it when they do it on purpose.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] beautinside, yeah from what I've read about them it sounds like it probably was an OBE. I've never been able to have any successful experiences with artral projection.

I think though, that at the time I was looking for the experience to be more visceral and the information I've heard lately leaves me with the impression that inducing a OBE involves almost a form of like "lucid dreaming". And it's not quite as physical as I'm assumed it was.

Does anyone here frequently have these experiences, and if so what type of methods do you use and is the experience more real or dreamlike in nature?
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
You are not beating a dead horse Nysa, I'm also enjoying this discussion!

The astral projection theory is very interesting, and now that you mentioned it I remember something very odd that once happened to me (a few years ago).
I remember laying in bed ready to sleep (I think) and all of sudden I am in the air starring at myself sleeping, and the funny thing is that I could clearly see my sorroundings (ex.: my cell laying on my night stand, the chair, my pajamas, mirror etc). The next thing I remember is having some sort os spasm and waking up with my heart racing. I was scared for a few moments but then I was relieved for being on my own room (?) I thought it was strange but didn't give it too much thought... Could that actually be an OBE? If it's possible, can we visit different places and even interact with people who are awake?
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] nysa, I don't think you're beating a dead horse, I love the subject of ghost origins or the physical make-up.

The idea that ghosts could possibly be a astral projection is one I don't think I've ever heard before. Do you think it would be the spirit of someone on this planet or from another dimension? If this were the case, you would think the ghost would be able to communicate more clearly that they've done in the past lol.

I don't know much about OBE and certainly have never had one myself.

So for anyone that has, I ask: once you "spirit" left your body, were you able to touch or move objects? Because if it's possible, just think of all the bizarre situations that could bring up. A death resulting from that could even be a murder... Ok this is getting a little x-files-esque haha.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
I agree all, really interesting discussion! Anecdotal evidence from the distant past through the present strongly suggests that non-physical beings can manipulate objects and be felt by people. To inject a bit of skepticism here, we do know that people can feel things that are not actually there. If you have ever seen a mentally ill person or a drug addict reacting to things like bugs on them, and things like that you see how much they truly feel those imaginary things. If I remember correctly, I read a study in a psychology class years ago about brain scans of patients during one of those attacks that showed the same areas of the brain lit up as scans of people who were reacting to real physical stimuli. But don't quote me on that, it has been a few years & I can't cite the article so I could be remembering wrong. It could be argued that those people are being tormented by a nonphysical entity, but the fact that those who have altered their consciousness through drugs have the experiences suggests that those things could be purely psychological in nature. And assumed telekinetic activity could actually be the movement of objects from unobserved forces, anything from seismic activity to an unnoticed draft, and probably a thousand other possibilities.

On the subject of energy, though I too believe ghosts are most likely composed of energy, it is also possible that the energy of humans simply dissipates into the universe after death or jumps to some other physical object. Both things I believe we have observed of other kinds of energy.

I had a funny thought last night. What if nonphysical beings do have a physical body "somewhere" (a physical place or a different dimension perhaps) else? And they have to "project" their consciousness here. Would they have the same restraints a person having an OBE has? This would be easy enough to believe of entities that were never human, those often called angels & demons, etc. But with former living people, it is difficult to fathom where the body would come from.

I am really enjoying this discussion. I apologize if I am beating a dead horse here. I hope others don't find it too boring & choose to chime in, especially anyone who might see flaws in our reasoning.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Dusty, Rook and Nysa,

You've got me thinking too. In my opinion, it's clear that ghosts, spirits or even demons are made of energy and although they do not own a physical body they do have enough energy to manifest.
Given this, if they are able to move objects wouldn't they be able to move a knife or a heavy object and throw it in your direction? Well, that could definitely kill someone... It's not that they could push you off the stairs like a living person would, it's like indirectly they could cause that to happen. Honestly, I don't think it's impossible.
But that is just me.
Oh, and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear... Though I've been talking and writing English for 15 years now, my native language is still Portuguese.

Let me just add that this is why I love this site, you always get answer, you can even have a conversation and people are very respecteful on others point of view.

God bless ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
I have been reviewing my experiences and was reading/thinking of others I'd heard or read about and they really got me thinking...

Spirit's / Entities / Angels / Demons... Must have a way to manipulate things on a physical level. There are to many experiences of lights being turned on and off by the switch being used. Radios/TV's being turned on and off by the button being pushed (unless the appliance is unplugged) and various other experiences where people have seen something being moved/manipulated or they themselves have been touched...

Dustyisdead,

You may be right with this statement..."Rook, I know you said that because they have no physical bodies that they can't actually "touch" you. But don't you think at this point, you may just arguing semantics?"

I think your right, that is just what I was doing... Trying to find that 'comfort zone' so to speak. Trying to keep the 'scariness' out of the situation, when the reality is that in all likelihood the 'unseen' can actually 'touch' us. Heck even my 'example' of what 'ectoplasm' may be bears out the argument that a 'spirit' could manage to touch us physically. Not to mention my first experience involved a floating candle with it's holder. So I think your right...

As far as there being a 'law' that prohibits it. I do not think that is the case... I think it's a matter of 'energy expenditure'. The energy needed to be 'felt' or to manipulate something on the 'physical realm' is difficult for the 'Spirit' to manage... Kinda like water passing through a kinked hose... The 'intent' may be great but the effect 'not so much'. Lots of pressure on one side of the kink (on the spirits side), with only a small amount getting past (to the physical side). I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Again, just a theory, thanks for getting me thinking. I enjoy a good discussion.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
dustyisdead, Nysa;

I must thank you both, you got me thinking and that is always a good thing.

Great points on both sides... If I can find a way to not sound like I'm pushing my religious beliefs along as 'fact' I'll expound upon some of the other thoughts that have been brought up here during this discussion.

Thanks again for the feedback, I wonder what others may think about this discussion? How about it folks, what are your ideas?

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
I got to thinking while on Patrol. (On watch as a Security Guard) and I kept coming back to the definition of Telekinetic.

Telekinetic: the supposed psychic power to move or change the shape of inanimate objects without the use of physical force.

The word INANIMATE jumped out at me... So let's say that non-human entities/Angels/Demons have this ability... By definition they can only effect Inanimate Objects and while they can manipulate them they are unable to 'move' us. (?) As you can see I'm still trying to 'sell' myself that one.

Nysa,

You stated...

"..."psychic" implies that it originates in the brain. A previously living human no longer has their brain with them, suggesting that they can't have a psychic power of any kind. However, we generally believe that ghosts (with the exception of residual hauntings, and for some, poltergeists) have the ability to remember & make decisions. If that is the case they must have something that works as a brain."

I would end up 'waxing' way to much into my religious beliefs trying to answer that one... I will if you want, just drop me an e-mail (it's on my profile) and we can continue on that line of thought if you wish.

You also stated...

"Another thought; does the fact that spirits don't have bodies like us necessarily mean they don't have any physical elements to their being?"

I'll refer an interesting idea I first heard in a movie (The Legend of Hell House: 1973)...In it there was a physicist that captured a bit of ectoplasm... He described it as being comprised of many, many things, most of them physical... Things like dust and humidity... But there was an 'intelligence' that pulled them together in order that the 'unseen' could take on a 'physical' shape (I hope that makes sense).

Interesting topic folks... This is what this site is all about...
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
nysa, well, I think you understand it pretty well.
If the energy that we're talking about is what makes up the physical "body" of the spirit, then I think the spirit would certainly be able to use this same energy to, let's say, "push" things. Then I would venture to say that basically, that's the same thing as having hands. They just have a different make-up than us. Their manipulation of energy to affect things around it is akin to us moving things with our hands.

If that's how they work, then I see no reason why killing someone would be out of the question. And maybe it happens more than we know. It's not like anyone alive is around to talk about it, you know?
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
nysa, I agree.
I also think that since we've seen cases in the past where people have been slapped, scratched, bitten etc by various entities, I think a "push" isn't as far off either.

Whatever technique their using, be it psychokinetic or physical manifestation by manipulation of energy, I think it's possible for an intelligent entity to knowingly kill a human.

Rook, I know you said that because they have no physical bodies that they can't actually "touch" you. But don't you think at this point, you may just arguing semantics? Surely you seen or heard of instances where an entity has moved an object, or slapped a person causing a visible mark. So where would the line be drawn for a spirit or entity or whatever it may be to actually kill someone, or cause a death. Maybe during a poltergeist episode, perhaps a knife could be thrown into a person, killing them? Or during a non-human infestation a person was slapped or punched by the entity over a balcony? Or during a haunted person case, while a person tries to flee a house haunting in their car, the being forces the steering wheel into another lane?

Again I don't want to dwell on too many what ifs. But all these things seem perfectly plausible within the realm of what we know about spirits/entities and the abilities we've seen from them so far.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: