You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dream Into Reality

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Into Reality

 

I don't think my apartment is necessarily haunted; I believe some spirits can / will follow an individual no matter where they go. I always believed in spirits and ghosts, had things happen. I can post a good amount of stories. This one is recent and really freaking me and my girlfriend out...

About 4-5 months ago, we were in bed around midnight, when we heard someone walking up the stairs. (I have wooden stairs to my apartment inside it). I jumped up and checked and nothing was there. The next night her sister slept over in the living room. She said she heard the same thing.

That was all for about 2 or 3 months, so about 2 months ago I had my first dream. My girlfriend would leave around 3:30am for work, I remember I was in bed, a ghost (was kind of invisible but I could see its outline) pushed my bedroom door open and walked to me onto my bed it was standing over me. (Now I have had paranormal things happen all my life and for the most part was not scared) but in my dreams, I feel more terrified than I ever been, the feeling is overwhelming, it picked my blanket up and just pulled it hard and fast straight up into the air. I woke up right away to a gush of wind and my blanket flipped over down to my feet. I was scared but I thought that was kind of cool, I use to witness paranormal things almost daily and this was the first in a long time for me.

A few weeks later, I had my second dream, again my girlfriend left for work (3:30am). It's like I'm awake but I know I'm sleeping still, the ghost (I can only see its outline but I know it's the same one) it walked in again, I don't know if it was laying on top of me or hovering, but I remember I was feeling so scared and I couldn't move. I woke up and couldn't move for about 10-15 seconds. That scared me and I didn't think it was cool. After that it felt like I fell asleep for a while but it was only a few minutes. I heard shrieking and woke up to it. Now my nose was kind of stuffy so I just wanted to believe it was that.

About 2 weeks ago, I had the third dream, the big one. My girlfriend now starts at 8am. In my dream, I was in a different house now; I was cleaning out the sink. There was cheese and peppers in it. I remember looking beside me to see a switch on the wall. I thought about the ghost for some reason, there was only one pepper stuck in the sink, I reached in to grab it and the garbage disposal turned on, I never felt this scared before, I started screaming "No NO!" I woke up and sat up so quick while gasping so loud. I grabbed my girlfriend Yelling "BABY BABY" she screamed and woke my neighbours up, I was yelling "Baby" repeatedly, only it wasn't my voice, it was very deep, really sounded demonic. I stopped and paused then said it again, I kept saying "Baby" because I knew how I sounded, I wanted it to sound normal, and finally it did. She was scared to sleep next to me and still is some nights.

Last night I had another one but don't remember it to well, I was in a basement and I remember the ghost was there, I didn't see it, just knew it was, it finally popped out somewhere and was very happy with itself. I woke up and again had a deep tone to my voice, this time I didn't know what I was saying, I remember saying "Yeah Boyyyy" like I was happy about something, but I wasn't. I opened my eyes and my girlfriend's eyes are wide open and she was reaching to cover my mouth because she was so scared, I remember waking up once more and only said "alright", in my voice though. She said I was talking all night but she doesn't know what I was saying.

So I am pretty worried and hope I can get some good feedback and advice. Thank You

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, immyj12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
I'm glad that you at least feel more comfortable. I do wish you the best of luck and keep me posted 😁
immyj12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
i've been praying about it since the night I woke up saying "BABY" all weird, nothing to crazy has happened, the very next day after that, I was stanging out front of the church on the corner of my block, a pastorcame out, showed me the church and we talked for about 40 minutes... I know its not totally gone but I do feel more comfortable
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
If things progressively gets worse, I suggest you reach out to professionals that can help you. Don't try to fight it on your own if it gets worse.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
Sorry, didn't catch that you said it happened on several occasions.

The only advice that I can give is to pray (whatever religion it may be) before you go to bed since these tend to happen while you're asleep. Say out loud that you are not frightened and in the name of ___ you ask that it leave.

There are different methods in which you can protect yourself. After reading different experiences on here, I've picked up on a few that might be able to help you.

1. Close your eyes and imagine yourself projecting positive energy that surrounds and protects you.
2. Smudge your house with sage to cleanse your home.
3. Talk to a priest and ask that he come and bless you and your home with holy water.

I'm sure there are many others... Just search around this site and you'll find different methods. But an important thing to remember is that you HAVE to believe in the method you choose. If you don't believe in it, then you're just setting up for failure. Think of it like this, if you don't believe that you can achieve your goal, most likely you won't.

So I really hope this helps and best of luck to you!
immyj12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
i knew what I was saying, I don't know why I sounded the way I did tho. I was just really terrified, the dreams happen every couple weeks or sometimes days about, I never feel more terrified, I wake up and am still scared and its just a bad feeling, I got chills out of nowhere, so strong its hard to move. It says in the post that there are more than one incident. And my girlfriend heard the voice, I'll accept that I could have been talking in my sleep, but everything else I can't find an explanation for
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
What's odd, is that reading back to what you said, you said...

"I was yelling "Baby" repeatedly, only it wasn't my voice, it was very deep, really sounded demonic. I stopped and paused then said it again, I kept saying "Baby" because I knew how I sounded, I wanted it to sound normal, and finally it did."

When a person is possessed by an evil entity, they do not have control over their mind or body. But from the sounds of it, you were fully aware of what you were saying and how you were sounding. Did you feel like you were constrained in any way? Like you weren't yourself or that something was trying to take control?

Regarding to the talking in your sleep... I almost never talk in my sleep either, but on rare occasions, I have a few times due to stress or something bothering me. Not discounting your experience, but saying that it could happen. Just because you haven't so far... Doesn't mean you can't. Now if you say that your girlfriend heard what you said and it sounded demonic or was even speaking in a different language, I'd start worrying. But I wouldn't say this was a paranormal attribute.

Was this all a one time thing?
immyj12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
No she heard me saying "BABY" And that's why she was so scared, it was demonic to her, and when I was talkin in my sleep (which I just never do) I have no idea... She doesn't like talking about, It could just be metalking in my sleep, but understand, I never do that
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-27)
When you said you woke up and starting talking in a demonic voice, you were aware of what you were saying and it was voluntarily right? Did your voice sound demonic to yourself only or did it sound demonic to your girlfriend as well?

And when you said were talking in your sleep all night and your girlfriend didn't understand what you were saying, was it because you were mumbling or because it was in a different langugage she didn't understand?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to make sure I have all the facts straight before I say anything else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: